CRIXA Server probleme

Aug 3, 2016
France
3 weekends that the server has problems.

every time I send an email.
Super they answer and the servers are back pretty quickly.

But the problem is the date, each time it is at the end of the week, the day when there will be the most players in the future, and potentially the day when there will be the most purchase.
And worse this weekend, it's the fact that access to the account is in error 500.

It is absolutely necessary to ask that CRIXA changes the day of maintenance of the server.

The usual days when there is the most player are the weekends, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and Wednesday for many countries where there is rest for young children at school.
It remains Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.

To avoid the same problem as now, ie, update at the end of the day and leave without checking whether it has crashed the whole system, it is necessary that the update does it in the morning for crixa.
That way, if there is a problem, it will be possible to quickly fix it.

So, taking into account time differences, as crixa is based, apparently, in the United States (and more likely in California), and seeing that it takes decent work schedules for staff, I find that at 08:00 or 09:00 the Monday would be the best time.
That would give;
+ 18h for Eastern Russia = 12:00 pm Tuesday
+ 16h for China and Australia = 10:00 Tuesday
+ 9h00 for Europe = 03h00 Tuesday
+ 5:00 east coast usa = 23:00 monday
(some differences according to the schedules prorpe to the countries, the goal is not to be exact but approximate to give a general idea)

So, what do you think about?
For what would be the good day in California and what time?

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like the idea but then it depends on the time if they can do it at that time hmm

Though the main thing is if it doesn't disrupt too much then it should be great and have to agree weekends can have many wanting to access but are unable to due to the issue.

What if there was a status notice where it says maintenance or next maintenance on this day and time and approx 1-2 hours or whatever and the unscheduled one's could be put up there too at least this way when someone pops by they will know ah there is some maintenance going on i will check later on.

Aug 3, 2016
France
the problem is that this is happening on the last 3 weekends.

Crixa does maintenance of the servers, or rather, he launches a program that must do that on Friday at 17:00 (califonia time) and then the guy goes home.
Result; it does not look if there is a concern, and we end up with a server out of order, for 2 days.
Fortunately we had to be several to alert by sending an email. But on the player side, and also the seller side of the game, it is a loss of activity and profitability (no player and no money coming in).

I think that the servicing of the server on Monday morning (califinie time) would be better, because the manager could let the program run, and have time if there is a problem to fix it quickly.
But as crixa does that on Friday night, there are no people before at least 2 days ;-)

Personally, if I were Grummz, I would look at the contract I signed to get my money back, take the average weekend shopping and ask them to pay me back that lost potential. And I do not even talk about people who have tried to discover the game, and who will not come back, saying "it's a shame it does not work, I will not come back."

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Its a busy time for quite alot of us and we have to also remember there is a lot going in the background we are not all aware of.

Who is to know if someone is ill or on holiday etc etc

I think if it continues on more so regularly then sure it sounds like this is an issue that needs to be looked at to solve this otherwise could lose people to being unable to check.

Your right service should run well and hopefully something can be done lets see what can happen.
I am glad you look into this sometimes those little things can improve the experience of the user.

Go Go Em8er! :D

Aug 3, 2016
France
So Monday is perfect, if it's a busy time for alot of people in us.

like that no many gamer are playing to game or going to watch forum they are working at this moment ;-)

And it will be a good day to begin the week for workers of crixa ;-) , it will be better than having to get the server manager back to work and have him work at the end of the week ;-)

Monday 9am in california, it's Tuesday for more than half of the world, so a very hollow moment in activity, especially that 1/4 will be in full night ;-)

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
PUT MAINTENANCE IN THE MORNING: PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE MORNING SHIFT WILL B*TCH ABOUT IT.

PUT MAINTENANCE IN THE AFTER NOON: PEOPLE AFTER SCHOOL AND WORK WILL B*TCH ABOUT IT.

PUT MAINTENANCE AT NIGHT: PEOPLE THAT HAS ALL NIGHT TIME WILL B*TCH ABOUT IT.

PUT MAINTENANCE IN U.S TIME: EUROPEAN WILL B*TCH ABOUT IT.

PUT MAINTENANCE IN EUROPEAN TIME: AMERICAN WILL B*TCH ABOUT IT.

PUT MAINTENANCE IN CHINESE TIME: THE WHOLE WORLD LOSES THEIR SH*T!

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, REGARDLESS OF TIME AND LOCATION, PEOPLE WILL B*TCH ABOUT THE "MAINTENANCE" ITSELF.

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DEAL WITH IT, THE DEV MADE THEIR DECISION ON WHEN AND WE GONNA SWALLOW IT LIKE A B*TCH WE ARE!

Aug 3, 2016
France
@Torgue_Joey

it would be nice if you express yourself without insult and correctly so that those who need to translate can understand what you are trying to explain to them. Personally I understood nothing.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
it would be nice if you express yourself without insult and correctly so that those who need to translate can understand what you are trying to explain to them. Personally I understood nothing.
Aye, I got you covered.

I've seen bloodfuckzillion time,

no matter when and where the maintenance is, everybody will argue about it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
As Torgue mentioned sometimes it is tough to please everyone and the devs have made the decision to proceed with whenever the maintenance is suitable when they have the time because they have busy lives too.

Lets say maintenance are unpredictable and Em8erbot pops by and brings an incoming Maintenance message with approximation of how long this would take.

Perhaps this is posted in the latest post section or on a space in the forum with an alert message by Em8erbot.

An example such as:

[Maintenance Alert]

Started: 12/12/2019
Approx down time: 1-2 hours

Sorry for the inconvenience
& thank you for understanding

Em8erbot - Team Crixa

Aug 3, 2016
France
I think you do not understand my idea.

Yes, in one way or another, making a choice of day and time will displease a country.
For the message by bot, yes it is normal and usual.

But my idea is that:
if you make an update on Friday 5:00 pm (california), it's the weekend, and so I think there's nobody watching the server, because they will go back home.
And so, if there is a problem, you have to wait 2 days for Monday, and again the problem may not be fixed yet.
Doing an update on Monday morning (california), you will see if there is a problem due to the update and have all monday to fix the problem.

My other examples of dates were to explain that monday is for me the best choise.
If you choose Tuesday, it will be Wednesday for many other countries. Wednesday is a day for many countries where children have free time (so not good).
and if you take my examples above, you will then understand why (I personally think) that Monday would be the best day.
If you choose Thursday end of the day, it will be Friday for the rest of the world and for all Muslim and Jewish countries (Asia, East, Eastern Europe) it's like Sunday for the United States, free day. So still not good.

More, i think the crixa company would prefer to pay the employee for a normal monday, and not have to pay a day extra work over the weekend, to fix the problem.

Maybe, I did not understand that it is not Crixa who takes care of the server, but the Grummz team. In this case, yes I would understand, that currently not being numerous, they do what they can.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If i remember right i think the work done is not on a full time basis so juggling with what they normally do as well is something to consider.

This is understandable and your ideas do make sense to select the day with the lowest impact can help, but we have to also look at it from the dev's perspective too and when they can do it.

Lets say if the company develops and grows eventually, this could ease the work load and to delegate the work to others and have more time.

I am not saying its impossible to do things but circumstances in our daily life can always get in the way such as family commitments, illness, work, etc.

Also sure that the dev's want a rest too, they are not robots and if they are too tired then mistakes could be made that could result in an even longer delay.

An example in my job setting is that i work in a club where we have to think of health and safety, the children, the parents feedback the teachers and on top of that keep professional at all times.

We get people passing good suggestions and feedback and some just complain because of a small scratch to a finger on their child.

Anyways we have these really interesting meetings sometimes it can be quite boring but other times it is fun especially if it involves games. We take the suggestions and feedback made and see what works and fits around our work and a few of them do get selected.

Other ideas are seen as long term goals reasons could be financial reasons or requiring the right skillful person to join. An example we have 1 handy lady so if the handy lady is sick or on holiday and there is an issue in the club then there could be a delay in fixing the problem.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I think you do not understand my idea.

Yes, in one way or another, making a choice of day and time will displease a country.
For the message by bot, yes it is normal and usual.

But my idea is that:
if you make an update on Friday 5:00 pm (california), it's the weekend, and so I think there's nobody watching the server, because they will go back home.
And so, if there is a problem, you have to wait 2 days for Monday, and again the problem may not be fixed yet.
Doing an update on Monday morning (california), you will see if there is a problem due to the update and have all monday to fix the problem.

My other examples of dates were to explain that monday is for me the best choise.
If you choose Tuesday, it will be Wednesday for many other countries. Wednesday is a day for many countries where children have free time (so not good).
and if you take my examples above, you will then understand why (I personally think) that Monday would be the best day.
If you choose Thursday end of the day, it will be Friday for the rest of the world and for all Muslim and Jewish countries (Asia, East, Eastern Europe) it's like Sunday for the United States, free day. So still not good.

More, i think the crixa company would prefer to pay the employee for a normal monday, and not have to pay a day extra work over the weekend, to fix the problem.

Maybe, I did not understand that it is not Crixa who takes care of the server, but the Grummz team. In this case, yes I would understand, that currently not being numerous, they do what they can.
ah, you're right
now I get what you mean
I do remember a case where a few games was unplayable all weekend because of that.
yeah, keep the updates on workdays, enough time to fix it for the weekend.