Crash Course: Mindfulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Mindfulness training is a scientific approach to ancient eastern philosophies.

It really isn't that difficult, it basically consists out of four parts.

Part one, is observing your thoughts with compassion and patience while letting go of the illusion of control over them. Can you stop your thoughts? Than there's your first clue that you do not directly control them, so the alternative is to simply look at them along with the emotions that come attached.

Take a temporary step back from them, without judgment. There are no good or bad thoughts, only thoughts in that moment. Just let them do their own thing. This will untangle them. It's actually a pretty interesting and fun process to observe. This can be done while falling asleep. The point of any meditation technique is training your mind to let go, let go of your beliefs and emotions, let go of your ideas and opinions and just be.

Part two, is focusing on your lower nervous system, you've been stuck inside your head for so long, you literally lost touch with your body and sensory organs.

Part three, is building up appreciation. The more you appreciate the little things, the more you'll appreciate the big things. Being needy, is the ultimate form of self-sabotage. Before eating, take a moment to reflect on your food, smell it, be grateful for it, be grateful taste even exists in the first place. When you're feeling down, remind yourself of your blessings.

Part four, is building up compassion. By doing good, you'll feel better about yourself. In some ways you hate being selfish, even if you're not aware of this.

Non of these require a lot of effort or time out of your day. But just like going to the gym, after about eight weeks, it will start showing pretty obvious results.

It literally changes the way your brain works, for life.

If you're interested in more, there is. But remember to keep one foot on the ground. Lucid dreams is one place to start getting that other foot off the ground. F*ck Virtual reality.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-have-your-first-lucid-dream.html

Keep one foot on the ground, i can not stress this enough.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I enjoy staying in my pj's and watching crap tv shows because i want to,
virtual reality to me is like sticking your head in a bucket of cold icey water for a few seconds then
going into an theme park overwhelmed with which ride to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.