Cosmetic/skins in Ember

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
There wasn't any specific thread for cosmetic so I'll just creat one.

Sure the dev will have some idea for cosmetic/skins in Ember.
But what would YOU peeps like to see or have. Be it vehicle, weapon or just fancy boots for the ladies.

Me, I'd the idea of an banner/flag on the right side of the back or on the back of my right shoulder. Something like norse/viking, just in sci-fi style. Be it holo flags or inflammable high polymer banners.

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
EVERYTHING!

No seriously, everything from paintjobs for your frame, MEK-A, possible vehicles, Base buildings and such to hats, masks, glasses, army emblems, costumes. Everything the Devs and us can imagine.

More patterns and visual kits. (Firefall had, maybe, 5 patterns...digital camo, camo, magma, paint splatter and leopard?) The rest were either non-existent or they didn't even properly show up in the New You menu.

And the ability to seamlessly preview them, from all angles, on one's own omni-frame to get a clear picture of exactly how it looks.

Apply different colors to weapons, as well.

More visors, one-eye or both, with an opacity slider or option for 1 or 2 versions. Completely opaque or ones where you can see your eyes, a bit, (whether you zoom in with the camera or not).

More of these "crowns" and similar head-wear.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
More patterns and visual kits. (Firefall had, maybe, 5 patterns...digital camo, camo, magma, paint splatter and leopard?) The rest were either non-existent or they didn't even properly show up in the New You menu.

And the ability to seamlessly preview them, from all angles, on one's own omni-frame to get a clear picture of exactly how it looks.

Apply different colors to weapons, as well.

More visors, one-eye or both, with an opacity slider or option for 1 or 2 versions. Completely opaque or ones where you can see your eyes, a bit, (whether you zoom in with the camera or not).

More of these "crowns" and similar head-wear.
A visor like Garrus Vakarian? THAT I LIKE.

Jul 27, 2016
I remember the Red 5 team talking about a modular frame cosmetics system towards the end. The ability to mix-'n-match parts, or paint them individually. At the time it was a restriction born of their earlier systems, but now we have the earliest systems possible in development.

Personally, I'd like to see an evolution of what Warframe has done. Give us a base palette with a good swathe of colours (I have in mind the default palette, except fully unlocked), and sell other palettes for like $3-5 each, perhaps a bit more.
On top of palettes, and the visual differences in ingame equipment, why not sell cosmetic overrides for each piece? Have a Costume slot, and on top of allowing the player to craft items to go in there, sell items that are strictly cosmetic.

I remember the Red 5 team talking about a modular frame cosmetics system towards the end. The ability to mix-'n-match parts, or paint them individually. At the time it was a restriction born of their earlier systems, but now we have the earliest systems possible in development.

Personally, I'd like to see an evolution of what Warframe has done. Give us a base palette with a good swathe of colours (I have in mind the default palette, except fully unlocked), and sell other palettes for like $3-5 each, perhaps a bit more.
On top of palettes, and the visual differences in ingame equipment, why not sell cosmetic overrides for each piece? Have a Costume slot, and on top of allowing the player to craft items to go in there, sell items that are strictly cosmetic.
Oooh! Played Warframe a while ago. Liked the customization. The basic stuff that was free was good enough, fortunately.

When I returned to FF after 1,5 years and saw the individual frame parts I thought it would be visually represented, as well. Sad it isn't. Should be. And colored to one's own taste.

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Something like this

Especially if we had close combat builds we can go with.

And hey, if the game seriously takes off it can be very well possible that Idea Factory and Compile Heart would want to do a crossover. Those cosmetics could be implemented into Ember, and Crixia Labs gets a Neptunia Maker Mascot character.