Cooperation with the enemy

Aug 14, 2016
I was thinking about global events that could happen in the game. And sure at first I thought about things like massive raids and epic boss fights. But when I thought bigger and something odd happened, there would be things that both the Humans and aliens would see as common threat and seek to stop or at the least minimize the effects of. Even if they are not talking to each other or made any kind of deal with one another they can recognize what the other is doing and not hinder it. This would also mean that even those they are at work with each other there are some places they would not attack if they can avoid it because what is being done there helps them just as much as it helps of the enemy.

For example, least say there is massive cosmic storm heading for Em-8er. One powerful enough that it could damage the atmosphere enough to a threat all life on the planet, if it does not completely destroy the atmosphere. There is some warning time so the Humans start to build things to help protect the planet from the storm. Likewise so does the aliens. Because both sides are smart enough to know what the other is building and why, they are also smart enough avoid attacking those things even while fighting.

So I was thinking what are some things you could think of that would make the humans and aliens have an unspoken truce about some things?

The only things I'm able to come up with for the time being are things like a nearby star going nova, a high radiation cosmic storm, a rogue planet or moon coming into the system (rogue planets and moons are ones what no longer orbit a star because they kicked out of there home system by larger planets or the star(s) died. A lot of drift out in the space between stars and galaxies.), shock waves from a starquake of things like neutron star or magnetar, or having a portal/rift grow to big and powerful going out of control while making spacetime on and around the planet to become unstable.

May 9, 2020
As far as I know we still don't know what the Enshigi are up to, or whether they have a connection to the Tsi-Hu, so there's always the chance Enshigi can come and be a 3rd faction/threat to the system requiring co-op with the Tsi-Hu

With the Tsi-Hu being in that weird limbo state I'm unsure whether natural phenomena would affect them the same as Gatestriders, so a cosmic event might not work.

The most likeliest I can imagine is Gatestriders doing something with Kaiju: maybe a event where they've either reversed engineered tech to control a Kaiju and use it against the Tsi-Hu (one time event per X , or requires some pre-reqs before it can be done such as getting the tech, finding an compatible Kaiju etc.) or a high category Kaiju goes rogue and the Gatestriders come across Tsi-Hu/ lower category Kaiju trying to take it down and the PC's can co-op/hinder

Aug 14, 2016
I see you point. Having things like powerful kaiju go out of control being just as much of a threat to them as they are to us would be like one of those things where are we have to choose to help or leave them alone. Because you know if the kaiju wins you'll be the next target and you / the base might not be strong enough to win a fight with it. So maybe just this once you'll join in to help them fight this monster if only to help ensure your own safety later.

The reason I was stuck on thinking about cosmic level events was because my logic being anything what would be powerful enough to mess with the portals both side use (Humans with the gates and those rifts the Tsi-Hu use.) would be something that both sides would to avoid as an out of control portal can do a lot of damage. Like how some of them basiclly turn into anti-matter bombs or black holes when they are unstable. But that was me just thinking about the game in a hard sci-fi way. If the game goes more into soft sci-fi we can easily just hand wave things like that away. It doesn't matter if something that size with that much power was to blow up it would leave a hole in the galaxy like 100 light years wide. No one thinks about stuff like that. *nervous laugh*
(Note that hole the explosion made was about 15 times the size of our own Milk Way Galaxy.)

Anyway, it is no secret that I lean more into the hard sci-fi side of things which also includes biology and psychology. And sense survival if the main of goal of all things and sentient beings smart enough can foresee threats that don't just effect them personally but the specie as a whole, if not all life on the planet. My point of view is that of two smart races of beings fighting in a war with each other while still being aware of threats common to them both. Like what if a gray goo scenario happens? Would they band together in an unspoken truce to stop it or just abandoned the planet and let it be destroyed?

And just for my own personal sense of fun, I would like to see at times just random spontaneous truces between the two sides. Even if it just for a moment so that they have enough time recover and remove all the died bodies from the battlefield before they start fighting again. I would like to know more about the psychology of the aliens and if it is possible for things like that to happen. After all, it does happen with Humans from time to time. One famous example being the 1914 Christmas Day Truce.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what if:

Tsi-hu and kaiju have been framed and the real villians are the one's who are imposters giving a bad name for them.

The 3rd faction is most evil consider them hungry for power and control, manipulating both sides for war.

These 3rd faction appear like a darker version of chosen imagine a chosen who was mixed with a venom character. They can change their physical appearance looking like an innocent civilian ooh its a poor little lady!

They like surprise attacks when you least expect they would appear some may sabotage your base, some may even put rumors to an npc, others would just assassinate and vanish.

This 3rd faction are the sneakiest low lives and to find a way to make life displeasing :O

The 3rd faction would appear on special events causing problems for both tsihu and reapers if your lucky to investigate and find a dead 3rd faction leader before it vanishes into the atmosphere can use an ability that lets you walk into incredible dangerous areas for a short time while in a shadow mode to access things from a perspective of the 3rd faction!

You could work with the tsihu to make the battle easier or attempt to fight with just reaper leading to 2 paths either join forces with tsihu or to continue on without them.

Depending on the circumstance of the event if you won with tsi hu get to have achievement tsihu Defender and if not you get tsihu who?

Also tsihu's tend to remember what you have done so like an elephant who remembers some not all would offer help appearing on your com link out of the blue think of it like deepthroat in metal gear solid

Some tsihu are not bad but because they are tsihu they are seen as evil in some biomes they are peaceful living away from all the problems but most of the other tsihu variants are angry because of them disloyal considering them almost as bad as reapers!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Hmm... that is an idea. Infighting between different groups of Tsi-hu because they are not really a united force. So might be something like a civil war between some groups. And we players might run across them or get stuck in the middle of their fight with each other. It adds a layer of complexity to them as they are not from kind of monolithic hive mind.

There is also the idea of the helping criminals out. Like would you help a Tsi-hu serial killer out only because you know they are going to be pain for the other Tsi-hu to deal with? Likewise they could do the same for human criminals having the Tsi-hu help them out only because they know it would be pain for us to deal with them. This could also lead to odd outlaw gangs that is a mix of humans, Tsi-hu, and rejected/defective kaiju.