Roadmap email question for devs

Moogoth

Forerunner
Sep 26, 2019
Utah
After reading the last email about the roadmap amd the light frame (love the design by the way!!). From what i read it seems like this game will be similar to minecraft type survival/building game instead of a mmorpg type or maybe a better example would be no mans sky maybe? My only concern with that is: when i play games like those it ALWAYS ends up i get my base built, and i get my armor/stuff max or to be the best for me. But then there is nothing else to do, there is no reason for me to have maxed that out. Is em8er going to have things like end game raids or some reason to max out our frames besides being extra shiny? I know its long ways away but is there going to be a lot of stuff to do in the end game? And while ur getting there will the badys u fight be chalanging or just the typical hordes of badys that are easy to kill and no reason to take cover or dodge cuz i have uber cannons?

Thanks again and as i said before im loving the work so far please keep it going im really wanting my friends to get the gsme too but they are very skeptical about backing a game in production still (been shafted by so many games before)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My only concern with that is: when i play games like those it ALWAYS ends up i get my base built, and i get my armor/stuff max or to be the best for me. But then there is nothing else to do, there is no reason for me to have maxed that out.
Did remember something mentioned that if a zone was captured and it was registered as a tech tier 2
then that tier items/weapons won't be able to use until we recapture it back. We can use the tier items below that though which is tier 1.

Is em8er going to have things like end game raids or some reason to max out our frames besides being extra shiny?
There will be big kaiju's, and we need lots of help to take those down from various category 1-5 i think.
1 are not as huge and 5 are the biggest and baddest of the bunch.

I know its long ways away but is there going to be a lot of stuff to do in the end game?
I'd certainly hope so with lots of nice contents hmm

wanting my friends to get the gsme too but they are very skeptical about backing a game in production still (been shafted by so many games before)
I know some colleagues/friends too who are reluctant, and would tell that they can check for themselves.
On the Em8er website you can also get a very sleek free skin and free is good.

Then the chief chats in Em8er discord can join in and there are opportunities to win Em8er packs sometimes if your lucky. They also explain about the progress of the game and answer questions from the community.

We get to be involved in the direction of the game and you could say we are helping to shape the future of Em8er too.

Also i like this Em8er Medium that gives good information on Em8er too
https://em-8er.medium.com/

Last edited:

Moogoth

Forerunner
Sep 26, 2019
Utah
Did remember something mentioned that if a zone was captured and it was registered as a tech tier 2
then that tier items/weapons won't be able to use until we recapture it back. We can use the tier items below that though which is tier 1.

There will be big kaiju's, and we need lots of help to take those down from various category 1-5 i think.
1 are not as huge and 5 are the biggest and baddest of the bunch.

I'd certainly hope so with lots of nice contents hmm
I might of missed all that im not good and keeping up with all the social media stuffs lol to much for my tiny brain .

I was thinking too about part of the email that was talking about a home base in space...wouod be cool to me is if u wanted to go back to home base if it was a space station u could "transform" ur frame into a rocket and shoot off into a controlable ship to leave the planet to go to the base. This would open the game world/maps up to let us go to other planets too would add a TON of options for end game stuffs and make it feel like a huge galaxy of stuff to do

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I might of missed all that im not good and keeping up with all the social media stuffs lol to much for my tiny brain .

I was thinking too about part of the email that was talking about a home base in space...wouod be cool to me is if u wanted to go back to home base if it was a space station u could "transform" ur frame into a rocket and shoot off into a controlable ship to leave the planet to go to the base. This would open the game world/maps up to let us go to other planets too would add a TON of options for end game stuffs and make it feel like a huge galaxy of stuff to do
Social media what is that stuff blaaa hail to the Em8er forum \o/

Imagine the intro of that and you hear "Transformers Mech Reapers in Disguise," one moment your a mech the next your a cassette tape flying or a rocket! :cool:

Iook at this delightful rocket mech!
1656106905076.jpeg

You know i'd really love to see lots of planets and wonder if we can visit them through gateways too, some taking you to alternate dimensions / time!!!

Do you think that the Em8er planet could have so much more to unravel that its as vast as a solar system?

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
The loop described in that email is nested in a larger loop: Players must cooperate in building bases and pushing out into newer areas.

Conquering newer areas is the only way to get a higher tier of technology and unlock truly superior weapons.

While the superior technology we are crafting might help us dominate earlier areas they might be seen as more necessary in those outer areas because they are most dangerous.

Lastly, the enemy organizes small and huge raids to directly attack bases. The playerbase WILL lose bases, the zone, and the tech level (items are unharmed, but no new crafting, no repairs until recaptured).

So there is:

The small loop: Solo and small groups pull resources and fight small groups, and build upgrades.

The large loop: More players raid and capture areas to improve tech level, and fight off counterattacks.

The home base concept is a "safe zone" because in theory the playerbase can be kicked entirely off of the planet. It wouldn't be urgent for kickstarter because it's not directly part of those two gameplay loops.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The loop described in that email is nested in a larger loop: Players must cooperate in building bases and pushing out into newer areas.

Conquering newer areas is the only way to get a higher tier of technology and unlock truly superior weapons.

While the superior technology we are crafting might help us dominate earlier areas they might be seen as more necessary in those outer areas because they are most dangerous.

Lastly, the enemy organizes small and huge raids to directly attack bases. The playerbase WILL lose bases, the zone, and the tech level (items are unharmed, but no new crafting, no repairs until recaptured).

So there is:

The small loop: Solo and small groups pull resources and fight small groups, and build upgrades.

The large loop: More players raid and capture areas to improve tech level, and fight off counterattacks.

The home base concept is a "safe zone" because in theory the playerbase can be kicked entirely off of the planet. It wouldn't be urgent for kickstarter because it's not directly part of those two gameplay loops.
This is the best answer!

My analogy of this is a collective cooked a great dish, and then the evil menaces steals it :eek: so must recapture it before they eat it!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Heyo. The game is still not out?
Hello there not yet and it is gradually getting worked on, you can even check those out on the test builds by taking advantage on a sale on the packs to access shown below.

https://my.em8er.com/perks

Got this message on my email:

"Last Day of Labor Day Sale!

Sale Ends Tonight at midnight PDT!. Save up to 35% off all packs, upgrades, and skins during our Labor Day sale! Grab or upgrade a Newcomer Pack and get access to our developer builds, exclusive perks, and a copy of the final game!"

There is a $1 dollar sale for the monthly sub usually costing $7.95 even for a month that's a good saving to get an ingame skin shown below.

1662550909568.jpeg

It doesn't have the latest build access though just the one before that.

There is a push for the kickstarter and a good thing to keep your eye on is
https://em-8er.medium.com/

Simplifies the things that is getting done by the Dev's so we all know what is going on including a road map!