Cool and quite possibly inspirational stuff (But no politics)

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
how much did you break so far?

& happy birthday!!
It was last week, I myself broke 120 12"x12" boards and raised $240. All together we raised about $5700 for a local charity called Warm-the-children. Which gives new winter jackets, gloves, hats etc. to needy low income area children. We get donated wood from home Depot, Lowe's etc.
Breaking is all technique, if you do it wrong you bleed and usually hurt yourself.
I train in old-school moo duk Kwan TKD. I'm a preliminary Blackbelt. Kinda like a mesh of Shotokan karate and kickboxing. We do forms, self defense, takedowns, groundwork, one-step, basic kicks (side, spinning, wheel, axe, hook, front snap etc) flying kicks, punching (boxing & traditional TKD hand techniques) and medium contact sparring.
Definitely keeps me in shape, otherwise I'd be a skinny/fat gut guy lolol.
Pics - jumping spinning back kick and a jumping round house kick (to one of our female black belts at last year's TKD party)

Attachments

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
It was last week, I myself broke 120 12"x12" boards and raised $240. All together we raised about $5700 for a local charity called Warm-the-children. Which gives new winter jackets, gloves, hats etc. to needy low income area children. We get donated wood from home Depot, Lowe's etc.
Breaking is all technique, if you do it wrong you bleed and usually hurt yourself.
I train in old-school moo duk Kwan TKD. I'm a preliminary Blackbelt. Kinda like a mesh of Shotokan karate and kickboxing. We do forms, self defense, takedowns, groundwork, one-step, basic kicks (side, spinning, wheel, axe, hook, front snap etc) flying kicks, punching (boxing & traditional TKD hand techniques) and medium contact sparring.
Pics - jumping spinning back kick and a jumping round house kick (to one of our female black belts at last year's TKD party)
That's awesome ^^

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Its incredible how well children can learn and develop but it makes me wonder also do they lose their childhood by the pressures of such regime that said it does develop discipline and strength as long as he is happy i am sure he could be a future star and enjoy!

Annihilating boards sounds intense but its for a worthy cause that is a superb result!
Now where is the award for destroying many wooden boards? you lot should all have one hmm
also like the jumping round house kick i await a new movie lets call it kickmiester escape from the kaiju's you must kick and beat many kaiju's and escape then ride a small bike we shall call it a futuristic battle bike throw foam balls at kaiju's who will be little kids dressed in alien outfits and make your way to your dojo for the final battle your loved one is taken hostage by the kaiju berserker you charge up your arms and legs roll underneath his legs and do 1000 kicks to the belly winding the kaiju as it farts then everyone cheers you have a party the end a sequel can be made you may go into space for next sequel ..... anyways just some thoughts :D

Jul 26, 2016
Cool.
So far vertical and horizontal can you jump?
Oh and I have seen people do flying kicks and I'm wondering how the fuq can you not break your ankles?

****************** the following has nothing to do with PartTimeJedi's post... I just found it interesting.
II have seen pictures of this thing before I just figured it's was like 90% car parts with a skin of lego.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Cool.
So far vertical and horizontal can you jump?
Oh and I have seen people do flying kicks and I'm wondering how the fuq can you not break your ankles?

****************** the following has nothing to do with PartTimeJedi's post... I just found it interesting.
II have seen pictures of this thing before I just figured it's was like 90% car parts with a skin of lego.

Lolol I've been training for 8 years and have had my share of injuries. Sprained ankles, ripped hamstring, broken nose, dislocated jaw, broken toe etc. But over the years your body gets used to it. We do body conditioning. Beginning of class is stretching, 340 crunches, 100 pushups on knuckles etc. Over the years these things harden your body while learning the techniques. I can't jump as high as I used to though, getting old lol.
Here's a pic of a straight up jumping roundhouse kick. I place my hand on the board directly in front of me, jump straight up, and kick. So if I'm standing In Front of a person I can reliably kick them in the face. Not a bad move to get to the front of the Starbucks line... lolol kidding.

Attachments