Competitive (not rage or anything post)

Should Em8er have this sort of competitive in it?

• Total voters

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
I want to talk about competitive in Em8er. I know that everyone will jump up will "It will never happen" and stuff, but first just read this, ok?

No PVP is likely to happen in Em8er. I do not want that. The devs don't want that, as it is kinda impossible to balance PVP and PVE.

That being said, right now in the gaming community, a lot of gamers play competitive only games, so having a small part of the game be that will make it more appealing to those players. Also, they tend to be very proficient in PVE as well, so losing them in a game where we have to fight together in huge PVE battles would be our loss too.

How might it work?
My idea is an arena, where 2 teams of X number of players each play against a Kaiju (to clarify, there will 2 identical Kaiju, one for each team to fight). Gear from PVE will be used, as they are still fighting a mob. First team to take it down wins.

Competitive in what way?
Tournaments with more and more difficult Kaiju, also if a team loses, they are out of the tournament. Having leaderboards and special "winner" skins for bragging rights, maybe even currency as a reward for the winner and maybe for 2nd place, nothing too insane, but enough to keep people interested.

Other benefits?
In order to win, you have to be very good at taking down Kaiju. That means that other players can learn from you, that is where the arena comes in, new players can come and watch the best playing, learning.
Also maybe betting on a team might be interesting if betting is something the devs want to do.

The tournaments should be held maybe once or twice a week, and if someone won, they cannot play for 1 month, to keep the same guys from winning again and again.

And now how can this fit in the lore?
Well, the Reapers don't know much about the Kaiju, so this might be a way to try and find some weaknesses, fight them in an enclosed, controlled space, not during an invasion where 100 other things are happening at the same time. These are guys that open wormholes to random spots in space and go in with 0 recon, seems like something they would do :))

Disclaimer: I know this is not a priority now, it is more something to think about and maybe see in beta.

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Sounds good ^^

If i can suggest adding stuff like.
"Deadman's Run" - basiclly a run trough a tight spaced gauntlet where your omniframe is effected by a damage over time effect as Kai-ju and Tsi-hu spawn in front of you to stop you or slow you down and you gotta do a split second decision if you try to kill em or try to avoid them entirely. Goal is to get to the finish line without dying and the final tally is calculated by the time and how damaged is your omniframe after the run.
Then the classic checkpoint thing, except it would be interesting to see it on Em-8er itself and not just some seperate map. Like random locations on the map are marked with a clue where to find the marker and you have to find the marker without quest objectives or anything guiding you other than that clue and it's timed and the final tally is calculated by how many markers you got and how fast. I'm thinking it should have two modes infinite and limited.

I doubt there would be a chance for some omniball or something? Mix between rollerball and the Unreal Tournament ball game or something like that ^^

Only if i wasn't so fatigued over toiling in the yard i would write more ideas or at least word the current ones little better.

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
the one thing i am sure mark said is that no PVP will be, as they cant balance the abilitites for both PVP and PVE, so even the omniball might be out the window for now

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
Just to point out but...how exactly are you getting Kaiju in an arena? They kinda seem like a kill or be killed sort, not the sort of creature to capture and hold.
valid point, i have no answer. The easiest (and laziest) answer i can come up with is "someone captured it". Maybe cloned from some dead Kaiju, but truth be told, that is the one thing that i can't figure how to explain with this idea.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
the one thing i am sure mark said is that no PVP will be, as they cant balance the abilitites for both PVP and PVE, so even the omniball might be out the window for now
Each time i think of the word Omniball i see omniframes screening and hazzling each other while someone is trying to carry the ball to the goal or trying to shoot it or pass it. Like if you can imagine it like a mix of all the ball games except with omniframes and some type of energy ball of sorts. It wouldn't need to be really fancy looking.
Maybe it's just my tired mind.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I am going to say it....:p

Super mario kart / starwars pod racer like mode racing in mechs/bikes to out speed the fastest kaiju's or blast them away.

The race depends on your teams position at the end of each race since its after all a team race and the points
help to give your whole team upgrades or parts to tweak your custom mech racer/bike. Such as holographic armor, different colour thrusters,
aura effect, better cooling system, engine size, weapon upgrade, powerful brakes, etc etc

The thing is if you want to be super fast you will most likely sacrifice weapon damage but your other team mates can finding the right
mix could help you tackle whom ever your racing. Some might be a big snail but blasting everything that comes across its path while your team mates moves ahead or what ever tactic you can think of.

Each week a race board is shown teams have their names and logo shown across and the winners get medals and team photo
on top of that winners get tokens for new mech racers.

You can get sponsored by Factions like in firefall Accord and astrek etc they give you credits the sponsors can let you go anytime
but if they see you as a rising star they will alert you to meet them in their HQ where you get to wear their colours.
Factions will have the bragging right with the teams that do well for them if they dont or lose too much to them the faction can make appearances in races and go against your team!

How many in a team hmm lets say 4-8 players per team just thoughts

How would we determine the winners simply by points at the end of each number of races
for example after 5-6 races

Team A has 6780 pts
Team B has 6625 pts
Team C has 6700 pts
Team D has 6780 pts

If 2 teams have the same amount of points in total 2 team winners are declared and the runners up get points still but not as much.

Points are earned by

- Race position at the end of each race mostly
- attacking/wiping out the opponents
- heals managed when friendly racer is critical
- engineers fixing broken mech/bike to continue race
- Number of traps tripped by opponents
- Avoiding trash and environmental hazard

If your lucky enough to have enough tokens after many race events a new class can be unlocked with the help of the team pooling their token points.

This will give you tougher kaiju's/rebels and stranger opponents and locations to for that ultimate team race challenge!
Improved mech/bike racers and pilot gear too

Kaiju aka Team shifters will try to use every trick they can from turning invisible to grappling you with their chains pulling you off the track and so on :eek:

Sometimes even environmental disasters and hazards can interfere with everyone's progress too!

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I am going to say it....:p

Super mario kart / starwars pod racer like mode racing in mechs/bikes to out speed the fastest kaiju's or blast them away.

The race depends on your teams position at the end of each race since its after all a team race and the points
help to give your whole team upgrades or parts to tweak your custom mech racer/bike. Such as holographic armor, different colour thrusters,
aura effect, better cooling system, engine size, weapon upgrade, powerful brakes, etc etc

The thing is if you want to be super fast you will most likely sacrifice weapon damage but your other team mates can finding the right
mix could help you tackle whom ever your racing. Some might be a big snail but blasting everything that comes across its path while your team mates moves ahead or what ever tactic you can think of.

Each week a race board is shown teams have their names and logo shown across and the winners get medals and team photo
on top of that winners get tokens for new mech racers.

You can get sponsored by Factions like in firefall Accord and astrek etc they give you credits the sponsors can let you go anytime
but if they see you as a rising star they will alert you to meet them in their HQ where you get to wear their colours.
Factions will have the bragging right with the teams that do well for them if they dont or lose too much to them the faction can make appearances in races and go against your team!

How many in a team hmm lets say 4-8 players per team just thoughts

How would we determine the winners simply by points at the end of each number of races
for example after 5-6 races

Team A has 6780 pts
Team B has 6625 pts
Team C has 6700 pts
Team D has 6780 pts

If 2 teams have the same amount of points in total 2 team winners are declared and the runners up get points still but not as much.

Points are earned by

- Race position at the end of each race mostly
- attacking/wiping out the opponents
- heals managed when friendly racer is critical
- engineers fixing broken mech/bike to continue race
- Number of traps tripped by opponents
- Avoiding trash and environmental hazard

If your lucky enough to have enough tokens after many race events a new class can be unlocked with the help of the team pooling their token points.

This will give you tougher kaiju's/rebels and stranger opponents and locations to for that ultimate team race challenge!
Improved mech/bike racers and pilot gear too

Kaiju aka Team shifters will try to use every trick they can from turning invisible to grappling you with their chains pulling you off the track and so on :eek:

Sometimes even environmental disasters and hazards can interfere with everyone's progress too!
I love racing idea.

Also, there can be ranks for which guid mined the most resources, killed the most kaiju, conquered the most bases, etc.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I love racing idea.

Also, there can be ranks for which guid mined the most resources, killed the most kaiju, conquered the most bases, etc.
I would like to see stuipid ranks for example but these could be achievements too i guess

- Most fallen in pits
- Most amount of horn toots in a vehicle
- Angered the most in one population
- I Splat [when you have walked underneath a mech or large kaiju with not so good results!]
- Kaijubaiter [the most kaiju's lured into a trap!]
- Aeros admirer [talking to aero's way too much]