Community Game Night - Saturday (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

Our community is full of wonderfully active people. I'll be letting everyone know what is going on as I learn about it. This weekend some of them are putting on an event. That event is called:

Community Game Night

Brought to you through Jansin3's Ember Steam Group and hosted by our magnanimous moderator, Plzbanme.

What is community game night?
The idea is simple. Let's get together and play some games! All you need is a steam account and some free time. Once you have a steam account, click the link below to join the Ember Steam Group!

I'll leave the rest of the explanation to your host, Plzbanme. Take it away!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello people of the internet,

Game night will take place between 6pm Eastern to 8pm Eastern(or longer)

Saturday's game will be old school Ace of Spades(not the steam version by Jagex). The original game on a private server. I choose Ace of Spades for a few key reasons. First, it is free. Second, it is easy to run with the Openspades version in any OS. Third, it offers a unique gameplay experience. Ace of Spades is a first person shooter taking place in a world of blocks. You can dig tunnels under enemy lines or build towers to create sniper nests. Trenches and bunkers also become rather common.

In order to take part in Saturday’s game night you will need download Openspades.

Simply follow the link http://buildandshoot.com/downloads.php

Next click on OpenSpades, scroll to the bottom and download the file to match your OS

OpenSpades-0.0.12-OSX.zip For mac

OpenSpades-0.0.12.pdb.zip For Linux

OpenSpades-0.0.12b-Windows.zip For Windows

All you have to do is unzip(I suggest 7 zip) the folder and click on OpenSpades.

The server will be named Ember community game night. You won't find it right now but it will up in time for the game night.

Faeryl has also provide a Discord server for game night!

Few random but key tips:

Don’t be a Dunce! Rename yourself from the setup menu after launching the game.

Visiting a tent can refill your limited supplies, including 50 blocks!

Use the arrow keys to change block color! Try to match your own color to be harder to see!

Buildings are required to be attached to the ground or they collapse.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Faeryl has provided a community night discord server us to use. The follow link should be good through out the duration of the event! The DISCORD

Last edited by a moderator:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Can I get a time zone code? Or can someone work out what time it is for eastern Australia?
Hey Ars Nova, I looked up the time zone information for you and I also added UTC time zone in case anyone needs it...

<<Game night will take place between 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST (or longer)>>

UTC: 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st, 2016
AEST: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd, 2016*

*Edited to reflect time change in AEST time zone.

I hope that helps you and other folks!

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Hey Ars Nova, I looked up the time zone information for you and I also added UTC time zone in case anyone needs it...

<<Game night will take place between 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST (or longer)>>

UTC: 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM, SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st, 2016
AEST: 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd, 2016

I hope that helps you and other folks!
EST, UTC, AEST, ARD, ZDF, MFG
WHAT? TALK EXPLOSIVE.

Someone tell me the nearest major city in that time zone? xD

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Faeryl has provided a community night discord server for us to use. The follow link should be good through out the duration of the event!
The DISCORD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.