Cinematics in Em-8ER

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Wasn't the "Firefall" intro remake going to be one of these sorts of things? If not, that would be great for the KS to solidify Ember as the Firefall sucessor.

Down for a continuation, if it doesn't take away too many resources from development with the necessary animation, environments, sound, etc. Even seeing the novels get stripped down a bit and used as the base would be neato.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I sure like a story and even the one's from the dark side and the skip cinematic option too is good!
Some cinematic have good music which adds to the mood.

The stalker really gets poetic

When entering a new biome/planet/

I like this part with the monster talking and wondering if it will eat them but instead just has a little chat :D

The way the mech is constructed as if it was the new state of the art advanced research facility!

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
While I'd love story cinematics cause they do help the game as they make the world feel real and alive and serve as good marketing, good cinematics are expensive and I don't think we can have those at this stage but who knows.

Some games with Good Cinematics in my opinion are Overwatch,Apex Legends and I shit you not, Clash of Clans.

And for real I don't play Clash of Clans, but these Clash-A-Rama! are hilarious! I don't think they make them anymore but I do recommend them:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
While I'd love story cinematics cause they do help the game as they make the world feel real and alive and serve as good marketing, good cinematics are expensive and I don't think we can have those at this stage but who knows.
What if they do something like a comic then get to see the good artist work in the game too.

What if you could play in the comic in some parts?

I recall there was a time G man got us to go up on top of a cliff in a previous Em8er demo and glide out. Was this to be used in a specific intro? if so that would show how good it looks ingame too.

So if it could transition from comic as if your reading a story then when the action happens to cinematic then back to game where you see the characters that would be most interesting.

And for real I don't play Clash of Clans
Your secret is safe with us !!!

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
As told by grummz "The firefall cinematic cost 500k to make"....i'd rather use an ingame engine and use that money for more development.
500K :O that is some cost...would the length of the cinematic and the style of art factor into how much it cost?

I remember the topic send us your Firefall footage, especially @Keao who had some good one's
https://vimeo.com/user150099281

This made me wonder how it still looks good after all these years, and just imagine Em8er in UE5!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
As told by grummz "The firefall cinematic cost 500k to make"....i'd rather use an ingame engine and use that money for more development.
Agreed.

Let’s see how successful the kickstarter is. A cinematic is a fantastic way for advertising the game in a multitude of ways, but this community is still the best promoter of Em-8ER. Grummz has the cinematic of an invasion planned for the KS already. Let the wizard work his magic.

that being said, with more game development and content coming out, it would be sweet to see a group come together and do something similar to Red vs Blue.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
it would be sweet to see a group come together and do something similar to Red vs Blue.
The fiery Red team or the cool Blue team both great teams but only one can win who will it be???

I hope this will involve some racing!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 14, 2016
Given how this is a sci-game with mecha I'm going to old school. lol

And also in one of my personal goals in life to never let anyone forget that Zone Of The Enders exist, because of cockpit placement. lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Given how this is a sci-game with mecha I'm going to old school. lol

And also in one of my personal goals in life to never let anyone forget that Zone Of The Enders exist, because of cockpit placement. lol

Yes we must never forget the retro!!!!

Another one is from Nge where the pilot cockpit would go inside the plug capsule directed on the upper back of the mech.
1649184259068.gif

Perhaps it could be a pit of various placement if it was to go to the rear it would be more of a tailpit.
For the enemy to keep guessing it would be moving around ..shrugs

In emergency then it could ofc turn into an escape cockpit escape pod wooosh.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hey, Panda….you are in danger of loosing your crown for most bizarre statements on the forums.
I have given my crown its time for a successor and also if there is 113th Reaper Division we could have a BK Crew not burger king it will be bizarre kaiju crew!

This could be a good advert for kaiju's and there evil secrets

If you have to go for a dance here is a few thoughts

Smaller kaiju's would ofc dance faster!

Bigger kaiju's dance for stomping

after much moving its good to float around

bondage

The get get get bass for the underground

Dangerous Feather

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Foot play

picking up things with big feet to separate the annoying teams or flinging them somewhere!

A kaiju with big feet has to make a splash could that lead to a tsunami?

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I could imagine the cinematic including all the 113th Reapers.
"Pandagnome. Has taken down the Fabric multiple times with their countless number of messages."
"PartTimeJedi. Part Jedi, part cat in a beanie." -guitar solo-
"Drakin5..."
we could make our own fan-made cinematic and see if they'll use it. What you guys say?
Feeling this, not sure how it could be done. Makes me think if Em-8ER machinimas would be a thing and how far the 'social' aspect of the system will go (like animations, emotes, interacting with in-game objects). WoW had some great videos (Weird Al Hardware Store comes to mind).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I could imagine the cinematic including all the 113th Reapers.
"Pandagnome. Has taken down the Fabric multiple times with their countless number of messages."
"PartTimeJedi. Part Jedi, part cat in a beanie." -guitar solo-
"Drakin5..."

Feeling this, not sure how it could be done. Makes me think if Em-8ER machinimas would be a thing and how far the 'social' aspect of the system will go (like animations, emotes, interacting with in-game objects). WoW had some great videos (Weird Al Hardware Store comes to mind).
A day in Em8er
---------------------

Types more excessively pretending it is a musical keyboard "The cats really dig the sound" click CLICK click CLICK. Just outside are 2 cats are digging a hole for the new prison i mean playground Meow.

Part time party jedi slides across on his beanie head and spins into the scene while playing the guitar upside down around HQ. The other reapers tap their feet and others dancing across the corridor while the GCSF come in looking at all of them suspiciously.

Drakin5 is humming to the music in a unique suit cleaning the previous suit ....your probably wondering why i am cleaning. My my my I got to keep all my suits shinnnnnny. Showcases his deep cleaned suit collection all exactly the same apart from ONE that one the special suit flashes before your very eyes for a split second and the doors close!

Meanwhile in the scariest part of Em8er the Kaiju's are discussing plans

Kaiju Piechu "You realized we destroyed 20 bases last week and our target is for 40 by the end of the month!!"

Kaiju Sauce "Yeah yeah yeah yeah" stomps on the ground excitedly.

Kaiju Piechu " Most of the other Kaiju's are lazy "ASSESSSSSSS" then gently pats them on the head as they snore.

Kaiju Sauce " They just eaten too much rocks you know, Crodus is still in some pain from the last battle!"

Kaiju Crodus RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH followed by a tiny squeeky fart ...pweeeeeeeep

Peeky Bot (highly classified surveillance Reaper bot) "That's enough surveillance for one day peeky bot out"

Rolls out of the underground suddenly a freak tornado appears picking the bot and flings into the air and smashes onto our screen with the message To Be Continued! beep boop