Chief Chat Video - 9 August 2018. New Chief Chat notification.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
How dare you post that, and not post a proper hype train along with it?
(I'm too lazy, but insert the shame shame shame .gif here in your mind).
D:

I'll bring the confetti next time.

Important stuff discussed during the Chief Chat listed below:

Interiors:
  • Launch version of the game will have interiors for the bases
  • Entry into bases: when you enter a base, players auto-exit their omniframes and can walk around bases in human form
  • Different buildings are planned for different ‘abilities’, e.g.: science facilities for researching tech tree, omniframe hangars for upgrading omniframes.
  • Buildings are tall: only the first few floors will be detailed.
  • Physical base destructibility is under consideration/review. At the very least there will be a couple of stages of damage to buildings. Bases can be destroyed by Tsi-hu and have to be rebuilt.

Player models/Character shaders:
  • Skin shaders have been improved: a stylized look is under consideration as this offers more options for aesthetics and additional styles/skins in the cosmetics shop
  • Mixing and matching of skins is under consideration
  • There will be an option to obtain skins in-game

Omniframe tweaks:
  • Omniframe jetpacks are being tweaked: the current design restricts thrust to the horizontal direction, being tweaked so that they can vector down.
  • Omniframe will have performance damage during battle

Animations:
  • New systems being implemented to cut-down on animation time:
    • MoCap blend with hand animations for primary animations
    • IKinema for procedural animations
    • New tech (to be revealed later) being explored for Blend graphs and Animation graphs

General:
  • Ammo type variety is planned.

Home/Guild bases
  • The homebase is a planned orbital station/city platform built from several arkships docked together.
    • Note: the above was discussed in Lore Drop #4 (Video Update #12). Jump to 8:08.
  • Guild bases added after launch, planned to be arks docked to homebase

Terraforming:
  • Mirror arrays are used to focus light/energy from the star onto areas on the planet suitable for terraforming. Terraforming equipment is then deployed in these zones to convert the atmosphere and the environment into a liveable state. The boundaries of these regions fade to darkness and gets colder. Outside these terraforming pockets player equipment start to freeze over.
Note: the above was discussed in detail in Lore Drop #4 (Video Update #12) immediately following the orbital station detail. Jump to 8:58 in video above.

• Terraforming Stages
    • Terraforming First stage: Icy Volcanic Planet
    • Terraforming Second Stage: Barren rocky defrosted state
    • Terraforming Third stage: Final stage of terraforming

Post Launch plans:
  • Guilds
  • Dynamic events
  • Game director
--Further down the line and depending on player interest--
  • Missions
  • Raids

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Orbital station, game director and development efficiencies were the high points to me. Knowing the financial limitations at this time and the size of the team, it is very comfortating to see the constant awareness of the project's direction and focus. Especially with the community feedback. Orbital station I just love when explained with the thumper drop. Plus the views put the portholes! Plus more being talked about the viscous A.I. and the game director for dynamic events is tantalizing. Couple more months and hopefully something to literally fly around in!

*edit*

Team, hella awesome work. Thank you, gents!