Chief Chat Thursday, May 7, 2020 11 AM P.D.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers! Join us this Thursday!

Grummz and I will be hosting our regularly scheduled Chief Chat!
Bring with you a list of your most pressing Em-8ER questions!
There will be raffles and Q & A time with Grummz!

***DATE: Thursday, May 7, 2020***
***TIME: 11:00 am (PDT)***

***CHECK BELOW FOR THE CHIEF CHAT TIME IN OTHER TIME ZONES:***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York, USA Thu, May 7, 2020 at 14:00 EDT
Minneapolis, USA Thu, May 7, 2020 at 13:00 CDT
Salt Lake City, USA Thu, May 7, 2020 at 12:00 MDT
Uruguay Time, UYT Thu, May 7, 2020 at 15:00 UYT
London, United Kingdom Thu, May 7, 2020 at 19:00 BST
Berlin, Germany Thu, May 7, 2020 at 20:00 CEST
Zürich, Switzerland Thu, May 7, 2020 at 20:00 CEST
Helsinki, Finland Thu, May 7, 2020 at 21:00 EEST
Moscow, Russia Thu, May 7, 2020 at 21:00 MSK
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Thu, May 7, 2020 at 22:00 GST
New Delhi, India Thu, May 7, 2020 at 23:30 IST
Beijing, China Fri, May 8, 2020 at 02:00 CST
Tokyo, Japan Fri, May 8, 2020 at 03:00 JST
Sydney, Australia Fri, May 8, 2020 at 04:00 AEST
Auckland, New Zealand Fri, May 8, 2020 at 06:00 NZST

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Below are the notes for the Chief Chat:

As always, only important/new information is included.

1. Character customizer: character body shape and sliders currently functional. Facial feature sliders in the works.

2. Stylized shader system for characters may have to dropped, since it negatively affects the quality of the models.

3. All current and new accounts will receive a free skin, as part of a promotional campaign. The 'Valkyr' Skin will be available in account inventories on the backer site.
Artist: Andyface
Twitch: twitch.tv/andyface
Twitter: twitter.com/Drewbiepie

Members are encouraged to use the skin on their social media posts and/or in other circles to promote the game.

Valkyr Promotion Skin.png

4. New male skin for subscribers dropping on the 16th of May 2020.
Early low-res screenshot:

Low-res May skin.png

5. New demo: FIrst person system being implemented. This was originally not part of the plans for Playable Mockup. The next Chief Chat will be a stream to reveal the upcoming demo.

6. Subscriber count: 918. The Heavy frame shall be modelled at 1000 subs.

7. Team currently working on size scaling for omniframes. The scale is not final and will be adjusted based on feedback.
Current scale:
(Note: The snapshot does not show the actual model of the heavy and the light).

Omniframe Scale.jpg

Additionally, the THMPR scale is also being adjusted. The options are included below:

Omniframe to THMPR Scale Option 1.jpg

Omniframe to THMPR Scale Option 2.jpg

Omniframe to THMPR Scale Option 3.jpg

Please assist the team by leaving your opinion of the size scale in the replies

8. Work progressing on dropship flight and THMPR drop system.

As a reminder, this is the last week to secure the Easter Bunny April subscriber Skin. The skin for May will be dropping by the 16th of May.

Note: there was a poll that was conducted during the stream regarding skins for the THMPR. I would have included the poll as a separate thread along with the notes. However, the poll had reference art that was not official Em-8ER art, but taken from social media. Hence I decided not to post it on here as it could pose issues. Please hop on to discord to refer to the sample art and leave your opinions either here or on discord, preferably here. If you need assistance locating the art, please ask in the mainlobby channel, one of the greeters/community members will be able to help you.

Edit: I'm gonna be watching the thread and replies and manually updating the number of votes on the omniframe/THMPR sizes until and unless an official thread/poll is posted. Keep your replies coming. The feedback is extremely helpful.

Votes for:

Option 1: 0
Option 2: 5
Option 3: 6

Total votes: 11

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Thank you, Maven! Pretty stoked about skins and subscriber numbers. The scaling looks great. Good to know we will noticeably feeling like we are in a heavy. I'm tossing my vote on image #2 for thmpr scaling and also glad that is getting addressed. That impression that the thmpr will be on par with a cat 1 kaiju is finally represented. Great update!

Apr 19, 2020
Lookin' good!
I'm quite a fan of option 3 of the comparisons, it's what I'd expect a giant brawny robot pal to be. In my opinion option 1 looks a little too small to be that giant robot that can grapple base-sieging Kaiju, while option 2 is great for that fantasy of REALLY BIG MEKS but it just feels off having a MEK/a that large in a world of hyper-mobile-speedy-skater-MEKs, like it's disconnected in some way. I know the difference in size and speed is intentional to show the difference in roles, but I just find it to be a little too significant.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thanks very much for putting the chief update here, having issues with discord so this helped a lot.

I am looking forward to this character customizer wonder how strange i can make myself look :D

The skins look stunning (Valkyr Skin) good work andyface!!!
The female one is like a saint seiya with the armor and especially head gear!
The male one is like a john wick/gunslinger with a smart suit!

I like & hope to see male skin versions not just causal/formal but also have really nice armor set just like how there is for the valkyr.

For the omniframe to thmpr scale option is tough between option 2 and 3
What steered me to option 2 I remember when playing as a tiny avatar and go to a places with towering
avatars/robot there is that woah and your just a little squirt compared to what is out there!.

Would also be nice to see a comparison of a cat 1,2,3,4,5 kaijus too at some point!

Jul 31, 2016
New Jersey
www.deviantart.com
Below are the notes for the Chief Chat:

As always, only important/new information is included.

1. Character customizer: character body shape and sliders currently functional. Facial feature sliders in the works.

2. Stylized shader system for characters may have to dropped, since it negatively affects the quality of the models.

3. All current and new accounts will receive a free skin, as part of a promotional campaign. The 'Valkyr' Skin will be available in account inventories on the backer site.
Artist: Andyface
Twitch: twitch.tv/andyface
Twitter: twitter.com/Drewbiepie

Members are encouraged to use the skin on their social media posts and/or in other circles to promote the game.

4. New male skin for subscribers dropping on the 16th of May 2020.
Early low-res screenshot:

5. New demo: FIrst person system being implemented. This was originally not part of the plans for Playable Mockup. The next Chief Chat will be a stream to reveal the upcoming demo.

6. Subscriber count: 918. The Heavy frame shall be modelled at 1000 subs.

7. Team currently working on size scaling for omniframes. The scale is not final and will be adjusted based on feedback.
Current scale:
(Note: The snapshot does not show the actual model of the heavy and the light).

Additionally, the THMPR scale is also being adjusted. The options are included below:

Please assist the team by leaving your opinion of the size scale in the replies

8. Work progressing on dropship flight and THMPR drop system.

As a reminder, this is the last week to secure the Easter Bunny April subscriber Skin. The skin for May will be dropping by the 16th of May.

Note: there was a poll that was conducted during the stream regarding skins for the THMPR. I would have included the poll as a separate thread along with the notes. However, the poll had reference art that was not official Em-8ER art, but taken from social media. Hence I decided not to post it on here as it could pose issues. Please hop on to discord to refer to the sample art and leave your opinions either here or on discord, preferably here. If you need assistance locating the art, please ask in the mainlobby channel, one of the greeters/community members will be able to help you.

Edit: I'm gonna be watching the thread and replies and manually updating the number of votes on the omniframe/THMPR sizes until and unless an official thread/poll is posted. Keep your replies coming. The feedback is extremely helpful.

Votes for:

Option 1: 0
Option 2: 3
Option 3: 3

Total votes: 6
I like option 3 the best, leaves room for super large additions to the game like huge kaiju or even huge robots.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Didn't know where to post this question.
@Maven How will the filter system work for skins with "hit zones" on your mech?
For Instance, if I have the filters ON so I only see my squad member in a Default Medium frame. But he has his filters OFF and has a skin on with huge angel wings.
We get into a firefight with the Tsi-hu and he takes a laser shot to one of his wings. But me viewing him with my filter ON don't see the angel wings so what would I see? An enemy laser hitting nothing next to my squad mates shoulder?
I'm just confused how skins would work with everyone having different filter settings and skins on during battle.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
How will the filter system work for skins with "hit zones" on your mech?
As far as I know, this has not been asked before, or addressed otherwise. in fact, I'm unsure whether the filter system extends itself to mek skins, seeing as it is primarily meant to help hide the more 'risque' pilot outfits.

Might wanna ask Grummz during a Chief Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.