Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

I've got some good news. Grummz, the main man himself, would like to schedule a time for when he will be on Discord. We are calling it, Chief Chat. It's going to be an hour long conversation, where he discusses his thoughts on a specific part of Em-8ER. For this very first Chief Chat the subject will be lore and narrative. That's right fellow lore hounds, our day is near!

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN?
The above poll is to get a sense of what time of day will give us the largest number of community members online at the same time. From this information, we will look for the best time and day to have this Chief Chat. Also if you have a preference of certain days, please let us know in the comment section below.

We understand that everyone has very different schedules out there, that means there is no way to get every single person online at once. So, for those who won't be able to make it, we will make sure you can catch up on everything said in the conversation at your earliest convenience.

CAN YOU ASK HIM QUESTIONS?
You certainly can! Community questions will be aloud provided they are on the specific subject of the chat. If you already have a question in mind, feel free to put your questions about lore and narrative in the comments section below. Grummz will do his very best to answer what he can in the Chief Chat, but please understand that there are certain things he already plans to cover, time is limited, and we definitly want to keep a lot of stuff as a surpise for later!

Keep your minds open and your bodies ready Reapers, some knowledge is about to drop.
-Ronyn

Dracomon

Base Commander
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Martinique
Hmmm though I am excited this feels like it could blow up and get out of proportion...Oh well, I'll think of some questions I'd like to ask.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I guess there's no harm in posting a few questions here. Since all i can find (that is canon) comes from the first contact article my questions will relate to what is written there:

1. point blank: Are the Tsihu trying to warn us that we're causing deterioration in the fabric of space-time and are they trying to prevent us from erasing the universe from existence?

now on to less direct questions

2. what makes the resources on Em-8ER so valuable?

3. what kind of alien tech are we talking here?

4. can you elaborate on the history of/between the Gatesridres and the Enshigi? what are our values? what are their values? Why have they forbade access to those systems? Why did we defy them?

5. What will other native xenomorphs look like?

6. how long have we (as in the colony) been on Em-8ER?

7. What is the player's role in the story? Are we native to the colony? Are we native to Em-8ER? What kind of training have we received? What motivates us? Money? Loyalty? Something else?

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Weekend preferred for my time choice. If on a week day, then much later PST would be best. Sounds like an interesting idea!

Also...an additional +1 to JG's comment.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
1. point blank: Are the Tsihu trying to warn us that we're causing deterioration in the fabric of space-time and are they trying to prevent us from erasing the universe from existence?
I thought the first contact went bloody, not that they were trying to warn us or something. But you sure awaken another question with that lol

WHO SHOT FIRST? (get the reference, eh, eh?? no? BOOOO!)
but seriously, WHO THE F*CK F*CKED UP THE FIRST F*CKING CONTACT?
(3 hours of censored verbal abuse)

4. can you elaborate on the history of/between the Gatesridres and the Enshigi? what are our values? what are their values? Why have they forbade access to those systems? Why did we defy them?
DIBS

6. how long have we (as in the colony) been on Em-8ER?
DIBS. HOPE I ARRIVED JUST ABOUT RIGHT.

7. What is the player's role in the story? Are we native to the colony? Are we native to Em-8ER? What kind of training have we received? What motivates us? Money? Loyalty? Something else?
DIBS. in the hope we can make our own f*cking story. or what ever. DON'T WANNA BE A STUPID NATIVE. EUROPEAN STYLE ANYONE? STEALING SH*T FROM THE NATIVE? ANYONE?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Due to my schedule being randomly between 8-11 hours of work on randomly 6-7 days a week...I have no real option to choose from here, but I will ask this....will this session be recorded and posted online via youtube, here, etc. As long as I can get caught up with the questions from the community and what Grummz has to say, I will be fine with what ever.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I thought the first contact went bloody, not that they were trying to warn us or something. But you sure awaken another question with that lol

WHO SHOT FIRST? (get the reference, eh, eh?? no? BOOOO!)
but seriously, WHO THE F*CK F*CKED UP THE FIRST F*CKING CONTACT?
(3 hours of censored verbal abuse)

DIBS

DIBS. HOPE I ARRIVED JUST ABOUT RIGHT.

DIBS. in the hope we can make our own f*cking story. or what ever. DON'T WANNA BE A STUPID NATIVE. EUROPEAN STYLE ANYONE? STEALING SH*T FROM THE NATIVE? ANYONE?
you can't just call dibs on the best questions. Grummz will answer what he chooses to, and what he chooses not to can be left up to our imagination.

as for question number 7, the questions are meant to be answered in a generic way that still allows us to create our own story, just in a given context.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
you can't just call dibs on the best questions. Grummz will answer what he chooses to, and what he chooses not to can be left up to our imagination.

as for question number 7, the questions are meant to be answered in a generic way that still allows us to create our own story, just in a given context.
I dibsed #7 cuz I wanna know his answer as well.
I'm imagining having different and various option to combine and mix and match when creating a character.
only our GREAT LORD GRUMMZIFER can answer.
either way
DIBS

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I dibsed #7 cuz I wanna know his answer as well.
I'm imagining having different and various option to combine and mix and match when creating a character.
only our GREAT LORD GRUMMZIFER can answer.
either way
DIBS
what does it mean to call dibs on a question?

on another note, it looks like 4:00 is the leading hour so far.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
The weekend works good, Saturday, (Sunday for Sydney +19h), maybe not this weekend, already planned stuffs, but maybe the following week/s

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
if I'm not available, Grummz doesn't automatically answer, and no devs ask it, you get first priority tj
LMAO, JUST KIDDING, I ACTUALLY MEAN LOL.
in this case, these question I dibbed, give them higher priority, like in "first question to be answered, before answering other questions". It's like giving it a +1, yeah you can view it like that.

But in the end, it's up to Grummz.

Status
Not open for further replies.