Chief Chat on Discord! Coming soon.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Ronyn, Dec 6, 2016.

Choose a four hour block in the Pacific Standard Time zone

1. 6 am to 10 am

2. 8 am to 12 noon

3. 10 am to 2 pm

4. 12 noon to 4 pm

5. 2 pm to 6 pm

6. 4 pm to 8 pm

7. 6 pm to 10 pm

8. 8 pm to 12 midnight

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

Greetings Reapers,

I've got some good news. Grummz, the main man himself, would like to schedule a time for when he will be on Discord. We are calling it, Chief Chat. It's going to be an hour long conversation, where he discusses his thoughts on a specific part of Em-8ER. For this very first Chief Chat the subject will be lore and narrative. That's right fellow lore hounds, our day is near!

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN?
    The above poll is to get a sense of what time of day will give us the largest number of community members online at the same time. From this information, we will look for the best time and day to have this Chief Chat. Also if you have a preference of certain days, please let us know in the comment section below.

We understand that everyone has very different schedules out there, that means there is no way to get every single person online at once. So, for those who won't be able to make it, we will make sure you can catch up on everything said in the conversation at your earliest convenience.

CAN YOU ASK HIM QUESTIONS?
    You certainly can! Community questions will be aloud provided they are on the specific subject of the chat. If you already have a question in mind, feel free to put your questions about lore and narrative in the comments section below. Grummz will do his very best to answer what he can in the Chief Chat, but please understand that there are certain things he already plans to cover, time is limited, and we definitly want to keep a lot of stuff as a surpise for later!

Keep your minds open and your bodies ready Reapers, some knowledge is about to drop.
    -Ronyn

2. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

what day of the week were you thinking?

3. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

We have no particular day in mind, if you have a preferred day in mind, let us know.

4. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

I'm usually good sun-thurs

5. IAmJohnGalt

IAmJohnGalt Active Member Em-8ER Contributor

+1 for this to be him on live stream, so he can talk and answer questions a lot faster!

Faeryl, Fabricio21RJ, Wyntyr and 2 others like this.
  6. PlzBanMe

PlzBanMe Gatestrider Ember Moderator

I think a weekend day would be the best. Even out of someone's preferred time they can still make without skipping work or school.

Adrian and Faeryl like this.
  7. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

Hmmm though I am excited this feels like it could blow up and get out of proportion...Oh well, I'll think of some questions I'd like to ask.

8. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

I guess there's no harm in posting a few questions here. Since all i can find (that is canon) comes from the first contact article my questions will relate to what is written there:

1. point blank: Are the Tsihu trying to warn us that we're causing deterioration in the fabric of space-time and are they trying to prevent us from erasing the universe from existence?

now on to less direct questions

2. what makes the resources on Em-8ER so valuable?

3. what kind of alien tech are we talking here?

4. can you elaborate on the history of/between the Gatesridres and the Enshigi? what are our values? what are their values? Why have they forbade access to those systems? Why did we defy them?

5. What will other native xenomorphs look like?

6. how long have we (as in the colony) been on Em-8ER?

7. What is the player's role in the story? Are we native to the colony? Are we native to Em-8ER? What kind of training have we received? What motivates us? Money? Loyalty? Something else?

9. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

Weekend preferred for my time choice. If on a week day, then much later PST would be best. Sounds like an interesting idea!

Also...an additional +1 to JG's comment.

Adrian and Faeryl like this.
  10. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

I thought the first contact went bloody, not that they were trying to warn us or something. But you sure awaken another question with that lol

WHO SHOT FIRST? (get the reference, eh, eh?? no? BOOOO!)
    but seriously, WHO THE F*CK F*CKED UP THE FIRST F*CKING CONTACT?
    (3 hours of censored verbal abuse)

DIBS

DIBS. HOPE I ARRIVED JUST ABOUT RIGHT.

DIBS. in the hope we can make our own f*cking story. or what ever. DON'T WANNA BE A STUPID NATIVE. EUROPEAN STYLE ANYONE? STEALING SH*T FROM THE NATIVE? ANYONE?

11. Mahdi

Mahdi Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

Due to my schedule being randomly between 8-11 hours of work on randomly 6-7 days a week...I have no real option to choose from here, but I will ask this....will this session be recorded and posted online via youtube, here, etc. As long as I can get caught up with the questions from the community and what Grummz has to say, I will be fine with what ever.

12. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

you can't just call dibs on the best questions. Grummz will answer what he chooses to, and what he chooses not to can be left up to our imagination.

as for question number 7, the questions are meant to be answered in a generic way that still allows us to create our own story, just in a given context.

Torgue_Joey likes this.
  13. Torgue_Joey

I dibsed #7 cuz I wanna know his answer as well.
    I'm imagining having different and various option to combine and mix and match when creating a character.
    only our GREAT LORD GRUMMZIFER can answer.
    either way
    DIBS

14. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

what does it mean to call dibs on a question?

on another note, it looks like 4:00 is the leading hour so far.

15. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna

The weekend works good, Saturday, (Sunday for Sydney +19h), maybe not this weekend, already planned stuffs, but maybe the following week/s

16. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

How many moons does Em8er have? Are there species of Tsuhi up there? Will Cliff Hanger ever get off the cliff?!

[​IMG]

HumanTrainingBot likes this.
  17. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

Actually that's a good question. While we're at it, how many suns does it have? What does the day/night cycle look like? How long is a day? How long is a year? Are there magnetic poles like on earth?

18. Torgue_Joey

putting a dibs on something or someone, rendering it as yours and unavailable for others or giving it a higher priority than anything els.

19. zdoofop

zdoofop Member

if I'm not available, Grummz doesn't automatically answer, and no devs ask it, you get first priority tj

20. Torgue_Joey

LMAO, JUST KIDDING, I ACTUALLY MEAN LOL.
    in this case, these question I dibbed, give them higher priority, like in "first question to be answered, before answering other questions". It's like giving it a +1, yeah you can view it like that.

But in the end, it's up to Grummz.