Character Customization

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
Sorry but with today's modeling technology there is NO reason not to have realistic hair, even longer hair. I would avoid having hair down to your waist sure, but shoulder length hair should not be an issue.
I wasn't against it, i just was saying that if they do put it in they should do a better job of it than they did in firefall, hair looked like play doh there, if they handle it well i don't see any reason to not have waist lenght too, as you've said the tech is there.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Video? WHAT VIDEO?
I post SH*T, NOT VIDS!
That's weird. I clicked reply on EvilKitten's post. Not sure how it ended up attributed to yourself. I'll try again.
(there is a reason I posted that video)
Sorry, but I can't view video atm. I'm back at work. Which means pitiful speeds akin to a 56k modem until I get home again later this week.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Another thing I would love to see, given that this is supposed to be set far in the future is the options for cybernetic features on our characters, ranging from arms and legs to torso or even a male/female head on a cyborg body. Skip clothes all together and show off your tech! In order to keep things simple the model should remain humanoid, but perhaps a little borg inspiration might be cool. This would also open up a ton of opportunities for adding cyborg parts (think 7 of 9's eye piece) into the cash shop.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Freerunner-Sketches-and-Developments-444027326

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fierce-Beauty-290602668

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Worse-then-Human-408079423

eRuss

Commander
Sep 8, 2016
Phew, that's quite a lot on char customization!

Char visual customization and frame/vehicle visual customization is going to be important to cover day to day sales of Ember between mini-expansions. So, we're going to have to bite the bullet and move this from a nice-to-have to a must-have system.

Also, if fundraising keeps up the way it has, I can see us doing both male and female characters. We know selling cool looks and skins can generate enough revenue to fund ongoing games and also profit. We do have to make a profit for the company to keep going, or its not ever going to be able to grow, attract more talent and do cooler things.

We want you to be able to create your own style/char, instead of providing canned ones like in Overwatch. This means our selection of clothing, equipment will vary from sci-fi reaper street style all the was to armored looks (which we'll probably start with) to fun things like cat-ears.

So that said, how many options should be free at the start for hair/heads, etc vs paid cosmetics?
I if it were me I would do it like warframe they seem to have great way of doing this kind of stuff.

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Sorry but with today's modeling technology there is NO reason not to have realistic hair, even longer hair. I would avoid having hair down to your waist sure, but shoulder length hair should not be an issue.
Personally I want to see options for hair to go down all the way to the thigh, with straight, braid, and bow-tied at neck and bottom versions. Though I freely admit that preference comes from my favorite anime characters possessing such hair.