Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I am not great at all this stuff

what do you think is good to capture gameplay

Should i stick with nvidia shadowplay? or go with something else?
Haven't tried any of this stuff so what would you suggest for someone wanting to record and
share their gameplay experience with others?

Remember OV3RKILL mentioned a site to upload on to, that was not youtube but i forgot what it was called hmm

freakbyte

Firstclaimer
Jun 24, 2017
I've been using shadowplay for a very long time and always been pretty happy with it.

Cant really recommend it as i havent used it myself yet, but I've been meaning to try out OBS Studio (opensoruce broadcasting software) since I've heard a lot of great things about it.

https://obsproject.com/download

I've been using https://streamable.com to upload small clips for the last year or so, it's pretty good.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I use a mixture of Radeon ReLive and an Elgato HD60 Pro, but yeah, I have only heard good things about OBS Studio, and most of the guys I watch record and stream with it.
Do you feel the hardware video capture card is better in general than the software video capture?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
OBS IS GOOD FROM HEARING, HAVEN'T GOT INTIMATE WITH IT YET.

I'M CURRENTLY USING XSPLIT GAMECASTER, SIMPLE ON THE FLY IN-GAME STREAM OVERLAY. CAN SEE ON MY SMASHCAST CHANNEL

ALSO USING SMASHCAST FOR STREAMING AND UPLOADING VIDEOS.
STREAMABLE.COM IS AWESOME FOR QUICK UPLOADS OF VIDYAS UNDER 10 MINUTES, OR, IF YOU JUST WANT TO SAY "F*CK YOUTUBE".

freakbyte

Firstclaimer
Jun 24, 2017
i am going to look into shadowplay abit more & please let me know how this obs is for you in comparison to shadowplay when you get the chance?

Streamables looks straight forward perfect!

Thank you for the advice :cool:
Np :)

Not sure when i will get around to testing it, but here's a good video comparing shadowplay to other capture software.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like the ease of use of shadow play from what i have seen so far but maybe at some point will try this obs in the future!

Did see someone use the shadowplay and use audacity for the sound hmm

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I've had very good experience with OBS so far. It's what I use when I record the Chief Chats. I believe @Grummz has used OBS before as well. I spoke to a few seasoned Twitch streamers and they recommended either OBS or Xsplit. I decided on OBS after watching tutorials on YouTube. It's very simple to use and has a LOT of features.

OBS does not have video editing built in so you'll need get a piece of software to do that as well. Professionals say to try either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere for editing; Final Cut if you're using a Mac. I've been trying Shotcut, a free video editor. It's not too bad for my purposes. The other one I almost went with was VideoPad.

Hopefully that helps!

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool: :cool: :cool:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Do you feel the hardware video capture card is better in general than the software video capture?
I only use it for recording my PS2. I had a slew of issues trying to record gameplay on my PC with it.

It's hard not to make the case for software recording if you can run it, especially given how cheap it is, and that the performance increases when you upgrade your computer, rather that having to purchase a new capture card.

OBS does not have video editing built in so you'll need get a piece of software to do that as well. Professionals say to try either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere for editing...
I use Movie Studio, and it is very nice to use.

VideoPad, if it's the one I'm thinking of, will definitely do everything you'd need if you need a free one. And NCH Software has programs for everything. I use their Switch Sound File Convert to switch my commentary to .mp3 from .mp4 (because it confuses Movie Studio for whatever reason).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
playing with obs more and audacity, now just need to figure out the video editor
I am wondering to save up for something like cyberlink powerdirector 17 hmm

Last edited: