Can't log in to Discord

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Last year when I signed up for Ember, I registered on the forums and was able to chat in Discord. I am trying to get into Discord now and it tells me to claim my account. When I try to claim my account, it asks for my email and password. I enter my email and password and I get an error message saying "(EMAIL IS ALREADY REGISTERED.)"

I am sure I am doing something wrong. How do I get into Discord?

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I think I got it! Looks like I needed to verify my location. Seems like everytime I try to figure something out, I have no lock until I ask someone then BAM! I figure it out. That ever happen to anyone else? o_O

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
I think I got it! Looks like I needed to verify my location. Seems like everytime I try to figure something out, I have no lock until I ask someone then BAM! I figure it out. That ever happen to anyone else? o_O
All the time. This is a technique called rubber ducking and often helps programmers.

From wikipedia:
Many programmers have had the experience of explaining a programming problem to someone else, possibly even to someone who knows nothing about programming, and then hitting upon the solution in the process of explaining the problem. In describing what the code is supposed to do and observing what it actually does, any incongruity between these two becomes apparent.[2] More generally, teaching a subject forces its evaluation from different perspectives and can provide a deeper understanding.[3] By using an inanimate object, the programmer can try to accomplish this without having to interrupt anyone else.

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
All the time. This is a technique called rubber ducking and often helps programmers.

From wikipedia:

I've been a programmer for 20 years, I always thought it was something weird that happened to me. people I worked with always thought it was strange. Glad to finally know I'm a "normal" programmer. ;-)