Can Mark make up his mind?

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
I think I am about out. Haven't seen any thing of interest in a long time for what we invested and time spent waiting for whatever this is going to be. Always with the funding, next thing you know we might see Pearl Abyss, just kidding.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There is zero intrest in a game that is just like firefall,
I am not so sure about that, there is still interest in firefall just like some older games.

If Em8er is to be the successor to firefall then i'd certainly expect the best firefall features and Em8er features to form a game worth having.

If they dont releease a full client whitin 2 years they might have to change the game again.
1673037375434.gif

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
I am not so sure about that, there is still interest in firefall just like some older games.
/QUOTE]

Yea but that is a small group of players, FF is what, 11-12 years old? ( i have honestly forgotten when it was released) and it did not exactly get a good word on it after been officaly released due to how mutch it changed from beta to release.

Em8er needs to be its own new game, a spritual successor at best. Thumping should be legacy content added to the game after the game is officaly released, we need fresh blood to the game that dont know what firefall was, and we need lots of them, but at the same the dev team do have a sertian level of pressure on the to work faster, they cant just keep selling digital pixel content to a game that dont exist.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yes it has been a long time!

All i am hoping that consideration by the Em8er team to attract firefall fans and newer folks to this successor.

I do understand there is a new generation and there is also the past generation and if they strike a good balance with good amount of content + improvements with what firefall didn't have, then i am sure Em8er would be amazing.

Also like to see a new 2023 Road map so we can all get an idea of the process and priorities of what is getting done earlier and later down the road.

If speeding the process by focusing on a certain area of the game and then working on another part later helps then that makes sense especially with the smaller team.

Perhaps in time the Em8er team could grow which would help to balance the workloads and improve the games development rate.

grayhammer#2116

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Oct 28, 2021
Late to the Conversation.

Showcasing what to expect in the game for a boarder audience is the smarter move. So long as the ultimate vision is the same, I don't care how they package it only that it gets shipped.

If I understand it right, the Vision is the same, it's just that to the majority of players they will be more interested in the Action, Wifu, Kiju, and Mecha. Thumping is still a core part of Em8ers game design as well as the Open World PVE, however most people just want to fight giant monsters in mechs. I think this is perfectly fine for a kickstarter demo.

Rather than showcase the Overworld stuff that the majority of the current loyal fanbase is all jazzed about, its easier and safer to market the Fighting to the masses. Firefall had good feeling combat, Em8er seems to be going the same route as far as the Demo is concerned. Its a smart move to show off what most people want, to sell the game to people, and use that capitol to build the rest of the game.

Mark has not changed his mind on the vision, only the execution of said vision. If he came out and said Thumping as a mechanic was going to be wholesale removed, I'd expect many would be rather upset about it. This is not the case.

Edit: On giving it some though I think it would be best to market the Demo as a 'Combat Showcase' to ease some minds on what is going to happen, and that the game is not taking a drastic 180, still a smart move to do, but clarification will be key in any communication. Mark loves to go with his ideas, they are good, however he has a problem communicating them clearly. Love him to bits, he is just on the spectrum like most of us.

Last edited: