Status
Not open for further replies.

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Are the perks and stretch goals permanently out of reach now? Found out about Paypal option too late :(
Unfortunately yes...but there will be new perks and Stretch goals in the kickstarter campaign.
Some Things like thmpr Skins, OF Skins, geesuits, Mini pets, emotes or decals will possibly be available too. Just different ones.
I'm uncertain about the wings.

The bikes though... As far as I know, they are exclusive to M3.

Genobee

Commander
Jan 26, 2017
The fact this turned out so well is downright amazing. I've had high hopes for this title since I first saw information about it crop up. At that time I was worried over the vitriolic response I saw. Super happy to see that behavior wasn't given a chance to take hold and ruin this. In-fact the majority seem to be positive now. That is impressive for someone to be able to make that big of a change in public opinion. People must like what they've seen so far. :)

Hope your project stays on track and gets made!

Alan Jones

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Oklahoma
Isn't it AWESOME to know this is the game that was supposed to be, The support we show, shows how much we love the game and the designers behind it, if I had more money at the time I would have donated more. I actually melted my "W" key playing FireFall in beta. I hope to melt a few more with Em3er.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I am looking forward very much to EM-8ER. It obviously will be different from FF, not least because Unreal is going to make a hugely different world than the engine that drove FireFall. However, I think it can ultimately be better and will be! We are starting with a large dedicated community right from the start. We all (players) can give a lot better input into the entire development process from having gone through it in FF. There are much more modern tools to streamline development compared to so many years ago. Etc. Etc. I think the spiritual successor can well surpass the original. The sad feeling of not being able to play the old FF ever again is there, but at least for me, I kind of resigned myself to that a long time ago.

p.s. I will miss the melding though, not matter what.

Jul 28, 2016
So when is the Kickstarter campaign starting? I want to set an alert for myself since i $*#^$ing missed the first three milestones being away and all.

Also, if you guys need help programming in C++ Unreal 4 (not network related) I can definitely help out free of charge. Just finished a B.A. in game development, lookin for work, so I definitely have some spare time to devote on makin games (its a win-win, I get some experience, and help out a game I really want to see made).

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Six months is the target time. Give them a little breathing room on this with the size of the team they have and all the other items on the list that is taking weeks to wrap up from this amazing milestone.

Retodon8

Aug 8, 2016
Netherlands
raptr.com
Ah crap, I missed out on this. :(
Of course I knew about it, but I put it off because things were looking a bit too complicated.
The campaign used Indiegogo which I'm not familiar with and heard some negative things about, rather than Kickstarter which I am.
There was something about backing milestones that I think I missed the first of, which put me off, and of course the usual different tiers of backing...
I had to sit down and look into these things when I had the time, but then I completely forgot until I got reminded by reading the Firefall news today. :(

At least I managed to just input my Firefall Founder status just now, since the Firefall forums are apparently still working.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
Oh and the support is going to grow even more. Its going to snowball after this milestone. Especially after people see what you're going to be able to bring to the table. kern and red5 did change the MMO world for ever with firefall. No matter in what condition firefall might be today, the world will always remember how awesome it was. I am glad for them to introduced this kind of unique gameplay to the MMO world. Cause I always wanted an MMO with fps gameplay instead of what previous MMO brought to the table, magic and spells..... When I saw firefall for the first time I lost my mind. I just love fps games and when they are made into an MMO is just a pluss for me. Em-8er has that and more. That's why I know Em-8ER will be a success.

Last edited:

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
So, is it okay for people to keep signing in via their Facebook accounts? 'Cause that's why I do.
That's absolutely fine as far as I know. Those who aren't using an email or at least the same email that was used to donate can still be organised. It will just require a quick PM.

Please note that titles etc will take a week or two so don't be in too much of a rush or worry that your title isn't there. I'm one of the people waiting too - just takes time. :)

The reason this was mentioned that you need a forums account is simply because - if you dont have a forum account, you simply cant have something added to an account that doesnt exist. As you evidently have an account, you're fine mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.