Camera rotation for self view.

Aug 4, 2016
Hi all,

(Don't know if this was talked/posted)

Quick question about rotation... any chance that the rotation can be manually controlled so that we can view our character from the front, vs being auto rotate back to 3rd person/over the shoulder view?

Thanks.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
(Don't know if this was talked/posted)
The last Chief Chat brought up the camera but I don't recall specifics.

I think @Mahdi is correct about the vanity angle.

Hopefully there will also be the "replay mode" that Firefall had. As for during-play, I tried that when I was testing Guild Wars 1 and it was awesome; I'm on board for that feature.

Gameplay aside, I think it's a solid argument to implement/allow it because it would certainly be useful for machinima. While the devs have access to a truly free-floating camera so they can script machinima videos (as will be done for the kickstarter video), giving the tools to players would encourage community creations.

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
(as will be done for the kickstarter video)
Until today I was thinking that this functionality was not that important and could be done later.
But you are completely right!
It's really important that we have more camera control and replay mode before the kickstarter campaign starts so we can record some clips ourselves. Of course, the team can record some things having access to some internal tool, but I think the videos that the community creates are always more interesting.