BONUS GOAL - Terrain Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Please check out our new update on the progress of the milestone and the inclusion of Bonus Terrain.

Originally the milestone was to show the THMPR running around on a flat white plane, without terrain. Since the THMPR came out so well, we wanted to showcase it on a small section of Em-8ER's planet surface.

Read more about our update here: https://em8er.com/bonus-for-art-demo-terrain-tiles-done/

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Looks great! Textures/terrain is my favourite graphical option, especially how it isnt flat texture, it is bevel and bumpy :)

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
BUT..... BUT..... I HATE COLD AND SNOW. HOW THE F*CK IMMA SUPPOSE TO SHOW MY EPIC PECS WITHOUT TURNING BLUE.
IT SO DAMN F*CKING COLD, MY NIPPLES IS BIGGER THAN MY D*CK.

GOOD THING LAVA AIN'T A F*CKING PROBLEM, HUH

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
BUT..... BUT..... I HATE COLD AND SNOW. HOW THE F*CK IMMA SUPPOSE TO SHOW MY EPIC PECS WITHOUT TURNING BLUE.
IT SO DAMN F*CKING COLD, MY NIPPLES IS BIGGER THAN MY D*CK.

GOOD THING LAVA AIN'T A F*CKING PROBLEM, HUH
Your so called pec enhancements could be used as a way to point at the direction you are going while you could do other things!
For turning blue you could embrace the smurf moment and then quickly locate some thermal gear otherwise just dance frantically until your comrades notice a dancing blue individual

Feb 20, 2017
:O i cringe at the thought of fire and ice zones and flying over them and hitting a updraft and losing the air pocket and failing into a methne deposit or hitting the lava XD curses on enviroment effect XD

I'll be honest with you, the lava from "Em-8ER Update - Bonus Terrain Tiles" looks bad. It is one of the design I hated from current firefall design, it looks similar and stressful to look at. (this is just an experience, a thought/my opinion/consumer perspective) no hurt feelings. It looks unnatural, liquiddy.

Lava comes in a wide viscosity range. All the way from almost motor oil to dried out silly putty.

Interesting!

This could open up more possibilities for variations in terrain and environmental hazards. MEK-As, as well as Omni-frames and their human pilots could get stuck in certain kinds of lava pools or it could slow their movement as they'd wade through it. Their frame or thumper could tow each other out, barring no interruption.

This could be used to the players' advantage, too, by luring less intelligent enemies, like Kaijus into deeper pools, where they'd be either completely or severely immobilized. But, this vulnerability should be a bit compensated with additional reinforcement from the Tsihu, so it wouldn't necessarily be as simple as shooting a sitting space duck. Quack!

Status
Not open for further replies.