Blockchain in gaming

Aug 14, 2016
This Extra Credits video brings up a good point.

What if gear could gain titles, stats, effects just because you or someone else used that gear to an achievement or kill a boss? What if players who like to be craftsmen was able to put their name on the things they make so when some buys or trades it they know who made it. And if another player added buffs to it their name is added to as well? What if you could recover arrows and bullets after you use them, and as a sniper I use the same bullet every time to kill bosses to make legendary bullet or magazine case. The same would go for armor. For example, this armor was worn by Omnires, a survivor of The Battle Of Mageddon when a meteor crashed onto the battlefield killed off most of the units in both armies.

If this does become a thing in gaming I can see far more uses for it than just items and player driven lore. What if you in a game there was a family system? You could use blockchain to like a family tree to see the other players who are in your family. So as player you could use your guild mates to help you with things or you could ask your family or tribe for help.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
This Extra Credits video brings up a good point.

What if gear could gain titles, stats, effects just because you or someone else used that gear to an achievement or kill a boss? What if players who like to be craftsmen was able to put their name on the things they make so when some buys or trades it they know who made it. And if another player added buffs to it their name is added to as well? What if you could recover arrows and bullets after you use them, and as a sniper I use the same bullet every time to kill bosses to make legendary bullet or magazine case. The same would go for armor. For example, this armor was worn by Omnires, a survivor of The Battle Of Mageddon when a meteor crashed onto the battlefield killed off most of the units in both armies.

If this does become a thing in gaming I can see far more uses for it than just items and player driven lore. What if you in a game there was a family system? You could use blockchain to like a family tree to see the other players who are in your family. So as player you could use your guild mates to help you with things or you could ask your family or tribe for help.
This would be really good in guilds especially just like that sword example in the video too!

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
Back in the day I played a game called "Asheron's Call"

This shut down about the same as Firefall.

In Asheron's Call you could inscribe every item with a personal message. Just before the servers went down for good I logged into my account and read messages from people that were 15 years old.

To be honest most of them went along the lines of "Gordro your a f****g n00b, I hope you die"

But still, brought a tear to my eye, till I got angry and smashed my monitor on the cat which was laughing at me.

Call me a n00b Mr Cat? Hope my next next newbie kitten learns2Bgud

Aug 14, 2016
This would be really good in guilds especially just like that sword example in the video too!
It would be great for guilds because the ones with good craftsmen and fighters could make world class items and weapons just by everyone sharing the item adding new more powerful things to over time. For example, let's say I'm a member of a small guild, we don't have many members but all the members are highly skilled. Because of the theme of our guild everyone helps them craft and make a truly powerful item suited just for them and how they like to play the game. And then there would the prized treasures of the guilds, the items everyone works on never uses unless it was an emergency. Like we have a super weapon and armor that no one can use with the other members of the guild giving their vote, because they are so OP they are WMDs of the game. And because no one wants to risk losing such a thing the more people guilds rarely use them even if they was losing a battle.

For example think of that staff in the anime Overload.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Should be pretty easy to add to the game.
Tick box: brand weapon
Having limited market listings is annoying, especially when you're a craft/forger and trader.
Reached maximum listings on the 1st day on Bless online.
I like what OP is proposing, if there can only be 1 person with your gamer tag then no one can fake anyone's brand.

Aug 14, 2016
Should be pretty easy to add to the game.
Tick box: brand weapon
Having limited market listings is annoying, especially when you're a craft/forger and trader.
Reached maximum listings on the 1st day on Bless online.
I like what OP is proposing, if there can only be 1 person with your gamer tag then no one can fake anyone's brand.
I can see it now.
New player "I got the basics down. But I need to a better weapon. What is the best weapon in the game?"
Vet player "You can't go wrong with anything crafted by the Golden Hammer guild or the Fire Rose guild. They are top weapon smith guilds in the game. But if you are looking for like god tier weapons look for a sword or sniper rifle crafted by Omnires. I hear those things OP. But he only ever made 9 of them. 5 of them are being use by people and the others are hidden in places because he wants to see who can find them."
New player "How will I know if I find one?"
Vet player "Look at the info tap of your gear. You should be able to see a list of names on that gun I give you. It shows all the who ever used that gun and any achievements they got with it. The name at the top of the list is always the person who crafted it or the first people to use it."

HumanTrainingBot

D-Gater
Ark Liege
Oct 26, 2016
Another opportunity is to be able to use those specific weapons in other parts of the Crixa universe, such as any future spinoffs or browser games, without needing to worry about connecting those other games to a central database server (and any of the hacking vulnerabilities that come with it).

The same could be said for having our characters be blockchain objects. Save relatively static data (level, mech, basic customizations, participated events, top scores) in the blockchain and keep dynamic data (exp, currency, inventory) on a central server. Then, you could bring your character into any new digital experience years down the line.

Aug 14, 2016
Another opportunity is to be able to use those specific weapons in other parts of the Crixa universe, such as any future spinoffs or browser games, without needing to worry about connecting those other games to a central database server (and any of the hacking vulnerabilities that come with it).

The same could be said for having our characters be blockchain objects. Save relatively static data (level, mech, basic customizations, participated events, top scores) in the blockchain and keep dynamic data (exp, currency, inventory) on a central server. Then, you could bring your character into any new digital experience years down the line.
I like this idea because there have been a few times in my life where I really loved an MMO and the devs made a new name within that same IP be I couldn't get into the game as much as the only one because character creation and characters was to different from each other so I never found my stride in the newer. Leading me to wish there was a way to carry over my character from older games into newer games.

And at the time that feeling only compounded by that fact that in the days of the PlayStation 1 and 2 with help of memory cards and save slots some games devs did just that. Where if you placed and cleared one of their older game you could port your character and even some gear from the old games into the new ones. Making the game's story more personal to your because you are never starting over from nothing each game. You was rewarded in someway for having placed older versions of the game series or some times just even games from the same devs. For example like how the Moonlight Sword is in also every game that FromSoftware makes, everything from the Armored Core series to the Dark Souls series.

Also this idea would make it possible for some of fans of the old G4 tv show Portal, be able to remake that show for real now. For the people who never seen the show, it is about group of characters who find portals into other realities (MMOs) trying to hunt bound a being who is trying to destroy all realities (even our own) and some characters had the same character model in every world they go too like The Drifter.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Let me get my crititizm sledgehammer up...
Ok, now lets get into it.
[P.S. i'll look on this from a perspective of "how, or should it be added to EM.8ER?"]
What if gear could gain titles, stats, effects just because you or someone else used that gear to an achievement or kill a boss?
Leave the titles, maybe rise the sell price as a reward, but no stats and effects, it's a craft-centric game mind you. Gotta have to spend resources somehow, in short, fuse dinosaur's blood with your gun to get any effect, not by simply killing it.

What if players who like to be craftsmen was able to put their name on the things they make so when some buys or trades it they know who made it.
As long as i (the player) have the option to remove it, without the ability to place my own name, for safety measures.
"shotgun with armor piercing rounds. Made by: xXSIR_FAPALOT360Xx"

And if another player added buffs to it their name is added to as well?
Well, what's the point? Only to add a list of who made changes to the gun so you can revert it? When why not just remove it outright without the middle man?

What if you could recover arrows and bullets after you use them, and as a sniper I use the same bullet every time to kill bosses to make legendary bullet or magazine case.
Arrows, fine, but... bullets? You know how bullets work right? And what about the laser weapons? Or plasma?

The same would go for armor. For example, this armor was worn by Omnires, a survivor of The Battle Of Mageddon when a meteor crashed onto the battlefield killed off most of the units in both armies.
What's achievement territory, isn't it? Then again no direct stat changes. As a reward, have a mod what could be, for example, installed in practically anything, would give a unique stat, effect, or look, and a description to the weapon itself, as long as it's installed.

What if you in a game there was a family system? You could use blockchain to like a family tree to see the other players who are in your family. So as player you could use your guild mates to help you with things or you could ask your family or tribe for help.
Your guild, is your family.

Aug 14, 2016
Let me get my crititizm sledgehammer up...
Ok, now lets get into it.
[P.S. i'll look on this from a perspective of "how, or should it be added to EM.8ER?"]

Leave the titles, maybe rise the sell price as a reward, but no stats and effects, it's a craft-centric game mind you. Gotta have to spend resources somehow, in short, fuse dinosaur's blood with your gun to get any effect, not by simply killing it.

As long as i (the player) have the option to remove it, without the ability to place my own name, for safety measures.

Well, what's the point? Only to add a list of who made changes to the gun so you can revert it? When why not just remove it outright without the middle man?

Arrows, fine, but... bullets? You know how bullets work right? And what about the laser weapons? Or plasma?

What's achievement territory, isn't it? Then again no direct stat changes. As a reward, have a mod what could be, for example, installed in practically anything, would give a unique stat, effect, or look, and a description to the weapon itself, as long as it's installed.

Your guild, is your family.
In that first post I was talking more in general gaming as opposed to just Em-8er itself. That being said if we do narrow things down to just this game's IP than you do bring up some good points that need to be addressed to make things fit better with the breadth and scope of the game. So I'm not going to argue the points you made. But..
I do know how bullets work. And thing is a long as the bullet itself is not designed to fragment and shrapnel you can often recover the bullet from the body as long as it doesn't leave the body. And even if it does passes all the way through the body going by what the bullet is made out of, what the bullet hits next after leaving the body, and at what speed the bullet when it stops you can still recover the intact bullet later. Then of you would you can place it into a new shell casing and fire it again if you know how make bullets. This how in times of war or just people who go hunting can save money by reusing bullets rather than buying new ones. Not unlike reusing arrows, just with more times and a few more steps between reuses.

And this not even counting things like railguns and coilguns that don't need shells and gunpowder to fire bullets. If I have a railgun or coilgun fire a metal spikes at things I can just recover the spikes and use them again there on the spot, like I would with an arrow. And again it would matter if the spikes are designed to fragment and turn into shrapnel or not, and what it is they hit and at what speed.

Meaning that in real life it is not uncommon for people who are trying to save money or resources to reuse bullets. And even if the bullet does fragment and turn into shrapnel if you really wanted to you can gather the fragments, melt them down and make new bullets with them. Again going by what the bullet is made out of, this is easier to do with some types of bullets over others. History has shown this to be the case many times in when resources run low or people cut off from normal supply lines.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
In that first post I was talking more in general gaming as opposed to just Em-8er itself. That being said if we do narrow things down to just this game's IP than you do bring up some good points that need to be addressed to make things fit better with the breadth and scope of the game.
Understandable, i'm just going to point out what we are in EM.8ER general disscusion right now, and this kind of stuff would fit in more in the off-topic section.
And thing is a long as the bullet itself is not designed to fragment and shrapnel you can often recover the bullet from the body as long as it doesn't leave the body. And even if it does passes all the way through the body going by what the bullet is made out of, what the bullet hits next after leaving the body, and at what speed the bullet when it stops you can still recover the intact bullet later. Then of you would you can place it into a new shell casing and fire it again if you know how make bullets. This how in times of war or just people who go hunting can save money by reusing bullets rather than buying new ones. Not unlike reusing arrows, just with more times and a few more steps between reuses.

And this not even counting things like railguns and coilguns that don't need shells and gunpowder to fire bullets. If I have a railgun or coilgun fire a metal spikes at things I can just recover the spikes and use them again there on the spot, like I would with an arrow. And again it would matter if the spikes are designed to fragment and turn into shrapnel or not, and what it is they hit and at what speed.

Meaning that in real life it is not uncommon for people who are trying to save money or resources to reuse bullets. And even if the bullet does fragment and turn into shrapnel if you really wanted to you can gather the fragments, melt them down and make new bullets with them. Again going by what the bullet is made out of, this is easier to do with some types of bullets over others. History has shown this to be the case many times in when resources run low or people cut off from normal supply lines.
Fair enough, still makes little sense to me, but as a game mechanic in general, sure, why not.

Nov 20, 2017
thats honestly sounds awesome, make the buffs more then side grades but perhaps dont outshine end game gear to bad? but i could see weapons having a bane like effect against specific kaiju. or maybe life steal thingslike that. the idea of evolving weapons with there own "legends" would be awesome