Because I (we) love thumping

Dr Doom

Jul 27, 2016
Hello,

1. - would like to ask what is in the mind of devs about thumping?
2. - what quantity the thumper can carry, would be squad thumpers added?
3. - how about "special" thumpers (e.g. you buy for "real" money -ex red beans-).
Could it be a unique thumper that will ask a full platoon (the old platoon of 20 players) that will be a carry capacity of 2x the maximum thumper that might exist.

4. - also, as being a thumper, can be implemented for a low % to give us gears (be that even unique gears).

Now, a new idea about thumping, not sure if might be good or not, but any feedback might improve the idea or just drop it.
5. - if there are 5 players in a squad, all of them dropping down the same thumper (e.g. squad 3) in a close range to each other, the thumping result will be the same as with 1 thumper BUT, dropping down 5 of them will bring out unique bosses what can drop unique items. Of course the higher the thumper grade the stronger and more of monsters spawns but only 1 unique can spawn, even to spawn that unique should be a specific chance (might spawn or might not spawn) or the unique spawn should be influenced by something.. like the max peak of the resources or something like that.

Dr Doom

Jul 27, 2016
If you don't buy stuff from them you don't support them but you still wish to play a free to win game? Also, where did I said that the simple thumper will make a player OP? Also what would stop them to give daily exchange like in firefall was? 25k cryst. for 1k credit then you can exchange credit to red beans if you don't wish to support the game.
Above all this, show me a game which exist today, is free to play but not pay to win game (a mmoRPG game i mean). They add stuff to support the game development. All those stuff don't necessary must be items that will make you OP, can be small stuff like bike, car, thumper, weapon design, armor patters so on.

Well, they'd have to make the amount of resources one can make with a full haul, considerably larger than what they can find around the world in e.g.: nodes.

I say this, because I NEVER used my thumper in FF, even once. I assisted some people, enough times, but I had to laugh every time I saw e.g.: someone get 200-300 uranium (or whatever the purple ore was in Devil's Tusk), when I could get that amount and more, in a fraction of the time, and for the fraction of the effort from using sonic detonators on nodes, around the cliffs at Stronghold. People kept insisting they thumped for the items they got from the mobs. But, those were generally useless and only good for salvage. I always considered thumping to be way too time-consuming and way too unrewarding to ever bother with it, especially if I could get the same resources and more from mining nodes and I could just manufacture equipment I needed from the tons of part I got elsewhere.

They'd really have to work out a more rewarding (and, of course, in turn, more demanding thumping system). What I read about this new mecha-style thumping was promising so far. As far as the description went. Although, the thumping in FF had pretty much the same promise that if one mined for longer they got better rewards, but those, from all the times I assisted someone, weren't really worth all the effort.

I cannot recall if using one's thumper had a cooldown or not, but if not, then they should also add a little cooldown, so people won't go mental with it. The thumper mechs should require maintenance and maintenance-time, as if one was using a molecular printer and that maintenance should have a minimal cost in resources.

Dr Doom

Jul 27, 2016
I understand you. Different persons have different needs, nobody can be satisfied 100%.

I loved thumping because the chosens spawn, nothing more. Being surrounded by chosens and giving me a purpose to defend something made the game much more interesting for me instead of running up and down to find some action. As for the drops, they where random drops, you could have got them from any monsters anywhere on the map. But from time to time I did get decent drop from them what have made my day happy. Where days when I have thumped more then 3-4 hours just for fun.
I remember the old times when I was in Coral forest near the melding (in north) and was thumping, there came out tons of chosens from the melding and there was a chance to get good weapons from them, but then r5 changed the system and became boring in coral forest.

MuzikFreq

Jul 28, 2016
If you don't buy stuff from them you don't support them but you still wish to play a free to win game? Also, where did I said that the simple thumper will make a player OP? Also what would stop them to give daily exchange like in firefall was? 25k cryst. for 1k credit then you can exchange credit to red beans if you don't wish to support the game.
Above all this, show me a game which exist today, is free to play but not pay to win game (a mmoRPG game i mean). They add stuff to support the game development. All those stuff don't necessary must be items that will make you OP, can be small stuff like bike, car, thumper, weapon design, armor patters so on.
Because it's a buy to play and not going to be free to play......

Jul 28, 2016
P2W is unfair to all the players. I pretty much covered it in another post on the subject, and PvP isn't even a factor.

If you quote this post my quote will disappear, so copy it to the clipboard first. This is one of the less endearing features of this board.
P2W is simply buying your way past the obstacles you're supposed to overcome, and it tempts the game designer to make those obstacles much harder to overcome in order to generate more revenue. P2W ruins game balance, not just for the payer, but for the "F2P" player in order to pressure the "F2P" player to spend money.
A B2P, which people seem to confuse with F2P, that has been successful w/o P2W is GW1. It's been around for 11 years.

And cosmetics are NOT P2W. Improved gear, which includes your #3 and #4, is P2W.

Dr Doom

Jul 27, 2016
How can #4 be a pay to win factor? Any thumper when you thump might bring something else to the surface then resources, that is a very low chance of course.
#3 might be for pay to win, but I still don't see a major influence in this. You might get same thumper as e.g. squad 3, but will be a name e.g. platoon 3, which would ask you to have a full platoon "or else", the resources might be the same as with s3, but differ the amount of enemy spawn and bosses (in case they spawn). This would also involve army's players to come together for thumping and having fun.

All that I have wrote doesn't really need to be pay to win, you can just add specific cosmetics or just make it different (s3 to p3, difference is only the number of players and enemy spawn). Yes, it might ask you to buy it, but darn.. you guys want a game totally free and get all the stuff for free? Seriously? I hate pay to win games because they truly ruin the fun, and only the big coiners will stay there. But a game where you buy stuff wich won't give you huge power over the others isn't that bad. I just don't know how to explain my idea better. I know my English sux and tht my words are limited to basics, but I just hope you all understand what I wish to say, transmit with this, in case you don't, then here is in few words:

- I hate pay to win games which indeed give you tremendous power over others
- all the above doesn't need to give you power over the others, but can differ a little bit from one to another (e.g. squad 3 thumper = platoon 3 thumper, difference is the design, the spawn of enemy and more players)
- you have a small % to drop (loot) gears while you thump with ANY thumper, not just with thumper that you buy for money!

Jul 28, 2016
@Dr Doom
My mistake on #4, you aren't paying RL cash for it.

But why not just put #3 in the in-game store instead of the cash shop?

And why should loot (other than mats) drop when you're thumping? Most loot is vendor trash, and vendor trash is very bad for the economy.

Jul 26, 2016
Hello,
1. - would like to ask what is in the mind of devs about thumping?
http://crixa.io/emberthegame/
or
http://crixa.io/2016/07/t-h-m-p-r-orthographics-done/

I'm betting this AI driven thmpr will have upgrades that will enhance it's combat, mining or travel efficiency.
Mark has also said that he doesn't like the F2P method of monetization because it limits their design so I would bet any upgrades will be craftable stuff. It seems he is sick of F2P at the moment.

Dr Doom

Jul 27, 2016
@Dr Doom
My mistake on #4, you aren't paying RL cash for it.

But why not just put #3 in the in-game store instead of the cash shop?

And why should loot (other than mats) drop when you're thumping? Most loot is vendor trash, and vendor trash is very bad for the economy.
I agree, but you don't need to get exactly a weapon, you could get a "hidden treasure" or some "lost" blueprint, or whatever. IT will bring more players for thumping and will make it much more interesting. It was some ideas that I have thrown out on the spot. It is up for devs to take a look and see if this might work for the game or not. More constructive input would/might help the developers to consider this or not. At this moment we are running around our tails (chasing our tail) like a dog (aka talking about what to be on the store to buy it or not) instead of what to make, how to make, how to look and why to look like X and not Y. To be on a sale market/store (or whatever you call it) it is a small detail that can be done in the last minutes, until that it needs the attention of the developers.