Baseline technology

Aug 14, 2016
This thread is about what is the overall baseline technology of the humans and other intelligent life in the game. The reason being is because knowing the baseline level of technology any group has tells you is within their capabilities to do on their own and what they need outside help with. It also tells you what is within the realm movie of possibility for someone to make as form of art, or as a joke, or just because they was really bored one day. This would include mixing and matching different technology and ideas in new ways.

For example. Humans know how to make railguns and coilguns. This is even part of our real life baseline technology. But we don't just use the technology to make weapons as we can also use it make things like high speed trains. A mass driver is just a giant railgun or coilgun that is large enough and powerful enough to launch satellites and ships into orbit. And if used on a ship a mass drive can be used to move the ship around as part of the ship's propulsion system, and not just as a weapon.

Knowing the baseline level of technology would also help with making side grades to things. As well as to what could possibly happen is if a group tries to make hybrid technology with an outside group or tries to reverse engineer technology that they found or captured.

For example the earlier on discord said that if humans have things like hover bike technology there is no reason why someone couldn't put that same technology into something like a broomstick as a joke to people can pretend to be things like witches.

So post ideas of what you think the baseline technology level is what possible things you make from it? Even if that think is useless in combat or for survival. Like glow in the dark makeup and tattoos.

Aug 14, 2016
We have drills, jets, and coilguns. Can I have a gun that fires rocket drills at enemies? Having auger bullet effects in movies and games is a common thing. You know the those magic bullets that have the power push back and pick up enemies because they seem to slowly drill into enemy rather than going right through them like normal. Well have a gun that fires actual drills / augers so when I shot at something pushes them backwards and/or picks them up off the ground before going through their body. That what we have bullet juggling in the game and have it be somewhat realistic.

Also, add a drill to the front of a rocket sled so I can fly across the snow and ice super fast drilling a hole into everything I ram into. lol

Aug 14, 2016
What about an explosion that fires guns?
That can only work if you have 3D printer that can turn all the dust, gas, and debris from the explosion into a gun. But the 3D printer needs to be able to capture all that still without being damaged itself and work super fast to turn those things into something usable. I guess having few large force fields around the explosion and printer is start. And then making the force field smaller to pull in all the materials could work. After that it is only the matter of how fast can the printer work and how large of an explosion can the force fields take before breaking. But than there is still the matter of how do you get the printer into or near the explosion in the first place. Maybe you just carry it around like a shield or throw it into a blast?

And still all of this within the realm of possibility because of the baseline technology that humans have 3D printers and have energy shields.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Have a few thoughts

- A resize blaster shooter can make something big/small temporarily for example if you aim for the feet the feet would be small and the big kaiju would fall! Or if you shoot them at the head make it big that they lose balance!

- How about an eye pilot the kaiju's would have eye launchers that shoot out eye drones the micro kaiju's will pilot the eye balls depending on how many eyes there are. The eye drones are interconnected to the other eyes meaning if there was a way to control one eye can see what the kaiju is seeing before you get kicked out of the eye drone and even use the eye to distract the other eyes making the kaiju see something else.

- Super jump mode you hold a squat position as if you are taking a ultimate poop and you begin to build Immensely powerful energy in your gluteus maximus this would give you great height, great smack ability especially when a kaiju is about to stomp on you unless the kaiju is soo big you do the super jump and jump out of the mech before its crushed!

- Rave gun fires a concentrated beam that can create involuntary movements this would make enemies look like they are dancing but at closer view it is actually messing their electrical signals, this cannot be used too long because it uses high energy and you may start dancing because of the overload that fires back at you !!

- Kaijuju the dark arts of the mystical kaijuju they will bring tech and dark forces together to raise the dead :O such as a micro zombie kaiju eye drone and much more!

- Fishtech 2.34555678 after many failed attempts fishtech have developed a system to go in the sea before the mech blows up this is a system that gives you extended time to go under the water especially if frozen over so that you may play peak boo and live to continue the adventure.

- Wave emitter just like the scan hammer but even bigger this would make those gliding or on boards get an increased push to help them get across. The wave emitter is good for parties because if many used this causes avalanches, chaos and natural disaster boomwoofer.

- Surface clinger this gives you the ability to stick to the ceiling and certain surfaces that do not break off such as rocks. With this ability you could stick to the tail of a kaiju longer before you are thrown in the air. You could even stick rocks and kaiju on yourself to form an extra layer of armor but you would be slower.

- My last is a kaiju projectile that eats your face think of it as a face hugger that hugs eats and as not been fed since who knows! its more aggressive you would need another team mate to shoot it off or remove it before it eats your mech head or else it will eat you and turn into a bigger kaiju projectile eater that will spew out stuff for the kaiju to use :O

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Baseline technology. Humans have chairs, hover technology, and guns. So I want a hover throne with weapons as my vehicle.
Ideas for thrones.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Baseline technology. Humans have chairs, hover technology, and guns. So I want a hover throne with weapons as my vehicle.
Ideas for thrones.
Would the chair follow the owner?

Would it be able to connect at the back of a mech to watch the sunset if any sun is present perhaps there is more than 1 sun then again it could be good for covering someone's back hmmm

Would the chair eject you to another available chair if one was already in use incase of unauthorized lap sitting?

How many chairs are available could we have a round table like king authur's and be a group of merry chair owners?

Jul 26, 2016
That can only work if you have 3D printer that can turn all the dust, gas, and debris from the explosion into a gun. But the 3D printer needs to be able to capture all that still without being damaged itself and work super fast to turn those things into something usable. I guess having few large force fields around the explosion and printer is start. And then making the force field smaller to pull in all the materials could work. After that it is only the matter of how fast can the printer work and how large of an explosion can the force fields take before breaking. But than there is still the matter of how do you get the printer into or near the explosion in the first place. Maybe you just carry it around like a shield or throw it into a blast?

And still all of this within the realm of possibility because of the baseline technology that humans have 3D printers and have energy shields.
or have a bullet that projects the image of object. So instead of just firing guns, you could also fire cows, sheep & pigs too.

Aug 14, 2016
Would the chair follow the owner?

Would it be able to connect at the back of a mech to watch the sunset if any sun is present perhaps there is more than 1 sun then again it could be good for covering someone's back hmmm

Would the chair eject you to another available chair if one was already in use incase of unauthorized lap sitting?

How many chairs are available could we have a round table like king authur's and be a group of merry chair owners?
Why did you give me that idea. Now I can't stop thinking of something like a guild named The Knights of the Round flying into the battlefield all sitting in their hover thorns that is linked to flying round table acting as drop ship for them. How kick ass would that look, to see group of people drop in the battle at the same time all on combat thorns before fighting?

Also in some manga and anime their are characters who use a thorn as one of their powers. For example not only they sit in it to gain more power but it also holds and carry around their main weapon for them, on top of acting as a shield for them.

or have a bullet that projects the image of object. So instead of just firing guns, you could also fire cows, sheep & pigs too.
If we take that idea to the next level up, being the idea of solid light, to make holograms that still like solid objects you can make the bullet not only look like anything you want but feel like it too. Although the mass of the bullet doesn't change the shape is still made out of light. But you can do things like fire a bullet that looks like a screaming flaming skull at the enemy.

Jul 26, 2016
If we take that idea to the next level up, being the idea of solid light, to make holograms that still like solid objects you can make the bullet not only look like anything you want but feel like it too. Although the mass of the bullet doesn't change the shape is still made out of light. But you can do things like fire a bullet that looks like a screaming flaming skull at the enemy.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I am also thinking in regards to something that would make clans in the game more distinct. Which clan would you join, the one who shoots flaming skulls at enemies or the one that shoots rainbow cats at enemies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I am also thinking in regards to something that would make clans in the game more distinct. Which clan would you join, the one who shoots flaming skulls at enemies or the one that shoots rainbow cats at enemies.

They both sound great!
Would the cat one meow and the skull one make firey sounds if so i am going for cat :D

otherwise a dolphin plane!
1552998043292.jpeg

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
The nyan cat projectile would be massively OP, one-shoting Cat-5 Kaiju with ease. I highly doubt that will make it into the game for balance reasons.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The nyan cat projectile would be massively OP, one-shoting Cat-5 Kaiju with ease. I highly doubt that will make it into the game for balance reasons.
But what if it took Kaiju Parts to create the Nyan Cat Projectile AND after launch the projectile wouldn't strike the Cat-5 Kaiju for at least...say...30 minutes...the whole time going...

Edit: I think I should've posted this on the "SPAM - Madness" Thread.

Aug 14, 2016
They both sound great!
Would the cat one meow and the skull one make firey sounds if so i am going for cat :D

otherwise a dolphin plane!
View attachment 2910
Dolphin drop ships. For when you need to drop 4 Thumpers in one spot at the same time or about drop off 10 Omniframes in one trip.

Also on the note of the hologram bullets. Remember the odd bug in FireFall that one time, when you fired some of the gun you'll see the word "ERROR" in giant text fly across the map because the bug didn't load the image of the bullet? Now, you can have a real Error gun that just fires different error messages at enemies with each shot.

Baseline technology
Human can be lazy, so we made robots. I can be lazy some times, so I want a pet drone to fly around and pick up all the loot for me.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Dolphin drop ships. For when you need to drop 4 Thumpers in one spot at the same time or about drop off 10 Omniframes in one trip.
Yesss and what about a dolphin that drops a dolph lundgren
or even a dolphin that drops more dolphins and create a dolphin formation for aerial acrobatic aquatic sequences then to fire micro dolphins that sound like dolphins at high speed playback.

Imagine hearing that and then to see the fear in the kaiju's eyes!!!

Baseline technology
Human can be lazy, so we made robots. I can be lazy some times, so I want a pet drone to fly around and pick up all the loot for me.
What if the pet drone could be used as an attachment for your G-suit lets say you could inherit the strength of such pet for your pilot meaning you gain their health and other stats to give you some extra survival. It could be a nice addon when you really need if you are without the omniframe.

The drone is more useful as a pet for its unique trait e.g. picking up stuff or mineral detector etc
When it attaches to the pilot as a suit upgrade the trait would be lost but you would gain the pets stats.

Just thought it be cool to have something connected to the g-suit and it could talk to you with diagnostic info.

We can see that this be a real attachment to your pet :cool:

Aug 14, 2016
Yesss and what about a dolphin that drops a dolph lundgren
or even a dolphin that drops more dolphins and create a dolphin formation for aerial acrobatic aquatic sequences then to fire micro dolphins that sound like dolphins at high speed playback.

Imagine hearing that and then to see the fear in the kaiju's eyes!!!
Hologram ships, fighters, and missiles. Solid holograms are made of light but they can also vibrate the air and water around them to make sound too. And with that I'm not going to add an hologram to my mothership to make it look and sound like a sky whale now.

Also you could use the holograms to turn into aliens and kaiju stealth missions. As long as you don't do anything to draw attention to yourself they will not attack you. I can see missions where we have to use stealth to get into an enemy base to rescue people, do some espionage, and/or do some sabotage before the main attack starts and we push them out of the area.

What if the pet drone could be used as an attachment for your G-suit lets say you could inherit the strength of such pet for your pilot meaning you gain their health and other stats to give you some extra survival. It could be a nice addon when you really need if you are without the omniframe.

The drone is more useful as a pet for its unique trait e.g. picking up stuff or mineral detector etc
When it attaches to the pilot as a suit upgrade the trait would be lost but you would gain the pets stats.

Just thought it be cool to have something connected to the g-suit and it could talk to you with diagnostic info.

We can see that this be a real attachment to your pet :cool:
I can see that. Like a drone that linked to your back to help you carry things to heavy for human or to help climb up things faster because of the extra arms from the drone helping to pull you up. Different types of drones can be specialized for different tasks to help you do things.

Recon drone have more sensors and longer range than the other drones. They can mark enemies and other objects of interest. They can allow you see through things like walls, rocks, and other stuff using 3D mapping and overlaying technology. And they can share their targeting data with other friendlies in the area. Because of the sensor array they can also highlight enemy weak points so you can do the most possible damage to them if you hit those spots.

Medic drone can help heal people and make small shields to protect them while reviving them as down person. They can also give friendly targets stimulants to enhance things like speed and strength as will as depressants to lower things like sense of pain. If the target is an enemy it can give them stimulants force them into an enraged mode where they are stronger and faster but are also unable to think clearly making them more likely to just charge in a blind rage. Or give the enemy depressants that slow down their movements, stun them, and even make them go to sleep. It can also scan enemy bio-data to tell you any weakness and resistances they have. For example an enemy might weak to a compound in plant and if injected in high enough amounts can poison and kill them. Can share it's biological data with other friendlies in the area so everyone knows what types of attacks are most effective on the enemy.

I make up more types of drones but you get the point. Not only would they be helpful to the player solo but if they are allowed to passively share data with other players in your group with option to share data with people outside of your group it would allow for greater teamwork and cooperation. Each type of drone need to be able to do its own thing. And although there can be a bit of overlap, like how both the recon drone and medic drone can scan enemies, they do so in different ways and different effects. The drones need to lean more to the utilitarian side of things for this to work. And their effectiveness in combat is more of an based on how a person uses them or just a happy accident in design that give them an unexpected use in combat.