Backers from FireFall

Oct 25, 2016
Is there any plans to recognize those of us that were beta backers from the original game?

I know it is a completely different game, but still feels like this is replacing the complete fuck up that is the end of firefall.

I got the title, an EX boost (that was suppose to be a life time boost) 2 masks and the bike.

on that note:
is there a dedicated place we can watch for funding goals and rewards for the current game?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
While I can't reply in an official capacity, it's highly unlikely there will be any sort of special rewards (if that's what you mean by recognition) for Firefall backers.

Though Em-8ER is being promoted as the spiritual successor to Firefall, it's being built on an 'on-the-go' budget, instead of a preset bank. As such, all funds will be directed towards the core game. The only rewards will be for supporting/backing the game directly.

All funding goals/milestones/rewards will be announced here on the forums, and on the official discord server (link at the bottom of the forum page).

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Ember ain't replacing anything.

F(F*CKING CENSORED)F(ALSO F*CKING CENSORED) IS JUST A FAILED F*CK ASS CLONE OF EMBER.

NOW SPREAD THAT SH*T TILL IT BECOMES THE F*CKING TRUTH.

SSH83

Firstclaimer
Jul 29, 2016
Personally, I had enough fun with Firefall's prototype to not feel completely ripped off. That bike was really awesome though. Not only was it a show-off piece, it served so many tactical purposes. That's when you know you have a good sandbox open-world going, when people start having all these creative uses for things.

Oct 12, 2016
Personally, I had enough fun with Firefall's prototype to not feel completely ripped off. That bike was really awesome though. Not only was it a show-off piece, it served so many tactical purposes. That's when you know you have a good sandbox open-world going, when people start having all these creative uses for things.
the bike was the best thing in beta.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I had about 50 Titles on firefall (and countless exclusives), there wasnt any titles that I myself really liked, I ran with the Commander 95% of the time, which was one of the 1st title i received. Hopefully there will be titles like Guild Master for top guild leaders and stuff like that.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I had about 50 Titles on firefall (and countless exclusives), there wasnt any titles that I myself really liked, I ran with the Commander 95% of the time, which was one of the 1st title i received. Hopefully there will be titles like Guild Master for top guild leaders and stuff like that.
HONORARY RABBIT PROTESTOR?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US

Nailed it right here. The hours and friends I met and still game with to this day were well worth all the mula I put into FF. The Locust was amazing and always the best of the bikes. But I'll go a step further, I still enjoyed the game after launch all the way up to the removal of crafting. That is what put it to rest for me. But to be a broken record, .7 and .8 were the peaks of FF and in the top two best online gaming experiences I have ever had. Right up there with my old days of Star Wars Jedi Knight II with clans Force Counsel and OMNI.

Oct 25, 2016
I wish there was a way for me to get the founder status of Firefall backers. There is no secure and reliable way I can do this without The9's co-operation. So, pretty much an impossibility at this point.

It's a shame.
darn,
and they probably wont do it because it would be a visual "up yours" to the new owners of FireFall. >.<
witch is mostly what i wanted the recognition for honestly. :p

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
the only way to do it would be sharing the log on credentials I assume. Too much work.