Backer? Want to leave a testimonial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
As we put together the next round of funding, we will be reaching out to many more ex-Firefall players and new faces. We'd like to use some testimonials. If you have one you'd like to share and will let us use, please post it here. Short and sweet pls!

A testimonial is a short quote by a customer/backer, who wants to leave a positive comment about the project that we can use in marketing.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2017
Firefall for me, even in it's earliest days, did something that few games can really achieve. It filled me with wonder, awe, and I was excited for everything to come. Even in it's darkest days, it will still be something of amazing potential that reminds me of that. With the light of a new day, Em-8er will surely carry on that feeling, and I can't wait to see it.
-Axis Nova

Attachments

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
We all have been there. A "cool" game as been announced, we wait then we buy, at the end we are disappointed of the end-product.

I really like how Em-8er is trying to approach the safer path. Laying a stable path step by step.
Transparent enough that we can REALLY watch the game being build from ground up, give feedback and possibly prevent it from making wrong decision.

-Sarge Joe

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
We see a great potential in EM-8ER, One that could have been achieved in it's spiritual ancestor Firefall, but failed. Firefall in it's early beta was completely different from any game that had ever been made, and this is not an exageration. Something similar has not been done yet. EM-8ER is what will change that. A new video game genre could come to life with this game!

The lead developer Mark Kern (aka Grummz) listens to every idea the community may give him, and by himself, he has experienced many, many things. He knows how to avoid every mistake that could be made. We trust Mark to succeed with this game.

-Terib.Shadow & Terib.Dark

Aug 29, 2016
Egypt
hassanselim.me
I don't think I'm alone when I say: I need EM-8ER in my life!
The feeling I got when I played Firefall in its closed beta days, the feeling of us players being one of the only survivors in this dynamic virtual world on our last stand to save the earth with an ever-evolving lore. That's the true meaning of PvE right there. I want it back, and I believe EM-8ER will bring it back!

- hassanselim0 (or Prof_Xavier when I'm in the mood :D)

Last edited:

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
I didn't know Firefall or Mark Kern when I first backed this project. I just liked the vision of such a game made from scratch and me being part of this process.
The Community plays a big role in this campaign. We can take part by giving ideas (or even name stuff), watching livestreams or talking directly through different platforms.
EM-8ER is somehow different in its own way and with every milestone we reach you can feel the progress.

- Jardras

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Firefall was a dream come true with freedom of exploration and the best crafting system I have ever delved into (.7-.9). From Ares mission speeds runs to 14+ hour thumping excursions with friends to just gliding around from achievement locations killing time and enjoying the world solo, my home was found.

Em-8ER is not only going to have that delivered to the firefall veterans, but Grummz will get to see the player/planet interaction come to fruition.

Budgeting, planning and community involvement in the form of the milestone concept is the smoothest process conceivable for this project. Come join the A list, my friends.

Clan Smexy Mahdi

Wuterbear

Firstclaimer
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Denver
As the decline of my new home in FireFall became undeniable I fell into dispare. I lost all hope. But then I saw Mark Kern, an original dev on FireFall, pose the question: Was the community from the old FireFall mmo interested in seeing a new game with original FireFall ideas and goals? The answer seemed to be, yes and I jumped at the first funding opportunity available. Seeing more and more people pouring in and offering their support made it all that more exciting. Just knowing there may still be hope for a game with the original idea of what FireFall ultimately failed to become keeps the small flame inside my heart kindled. I look forward to the next phase of funding. Thump On!

Ars Nova

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 28, 2016
With Unreal Engine 4, a promise to keep the design decisions up to the development team, and getting funding through kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns rather than corporate backers that try to make the game a generic cash grab, EM-8ER promises to deliver the game that so many FireFall fans have dreamed of since it became "WoW with guns" and died. Having proven they can deliver AAA quality work on only a part-time schedule, I can't wait to see what Mark Kern (aka Grummz) and his team can do full time and fully funded.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
There are a lot of games out there, but despite that there is still room for new and unique experiences. Em-8ER has the potential to be not just a new and unique type of game, but also a great and enjoyable one that will keep you coming back again and again over the long term with something fun and enjoyable to do.

Far too many games end up sacrificing gameplay and moment to moment fun in order to be stretched out and keep the player there for a long time, Em-8ER has the potential to keep being interesting and fun to play with other people or on your own for a long time, while also being fun and enjoyable all of that time.

(Permission is given to cut it up into either of those two paragraphs or to use them together as desired brevity may require)
Edit: (Not currently a backer though will hopefully be one with the next round of crowdfunding, so this might not be useful for the short term, for various reasons ended up not being around for the previous one)
EDIT2: And now am!

Last edited:

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
*Pre-9*
Fully immersive space punk styling combining full control tactical mech action, amazing open world vistas from the serene white sand beaches of Copacabana and unrelenting Ai controlled foes... what more could one want?

Edit: Removed 'racial' reference in foe description, the variety of foe was not relevant, just the fun.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
In a far far galaxy in space and time lived a creature of fire it gave the earthlings a magnificent experience. Though in time the fire slowly dimmed and the fire did fall (Mechanoid tantrum)....... several years had passed and a gate way appeared there approached a small figure it floated out and the earthlings shouted "UMMM BAA" which was translated to Em8er.

Em8er danced and danced breaking all obstacles to reach the others where they gathered and Em8er spoke
"i promise to bring what you should of had, for my words are pure I AM EM8ER join me"
So the party started and grew and grew and grew and grew and grew until all in the galaxy and universe heard and it was told that Em8er was a legend in the making!!!!

Meower

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
Firefall was one of the first games I actually had dreams about. It was one of the most satisfying experiences to be able to glide around with friends, thump as a squad, and ultimately have free-roam as we saw it fit. I'm past the point of excited to know that Em8er has re-awakened this dream. I cannot even begin to describe the feelings I've got to look forward to again. Thank you Mark Kern for making this possible and literally resurrecting a dream from the dead. We appreciate your efforts sir!!

Status
Not open for further replies.