Backer packs and subscription

ungwelianti#5959

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Mar 23, 2020
I loved Firefall, I was thrilled when I first heard of this Emb-8r after Firefall, my all-time favorite fps mmo was shut down. I have a question/idea/suggestion?

I would really want to get my hands on one of the backer packs, and one which is bigger then the default/entry level one. And I wouldn't have a problem subscribe-backing the game either. This type of backing seem to be getting more and more common now-adays.

But I keep wondering, since it's in development, why not just offer the backers in either way or form to count the backing value towards their rewards?

Ie. Say you subscribe for a year, that equals to $120 or whatever the monthly price was at, then you would be getting the backer-reward pack equal to that level, if you subscribe for 2 years you could get one @ or around $240 and so on.

Instead of us just sending money into the grinder, of course It's not exactly how it is but since the game is just not even near done yet, and to subscribe AND pay for a backer-pack It's kind of a bit much to ask for some. Maybe I'm weird or something but I think some solution like this would be far more fun and feel far more rewarding, It would be sort of a down payment for your coming reward-level. Perfect for they who cannot cough up big amount in one go too.

Besides, those packs as far as I can tell/remember were all Digital too, which means there's really no loss in doing something like this. I'm confident everyone would be happy too, even more happy then they might already be with the game and the development :)

Just wanted to share my thoughts

peace out!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
But I keep wondering, since it's in development, why not just offer the backers in either way or form to count the backing value towards their rewards?

Ie. Say you subscribe for a year, that equals to $120 or whatever the monthly price was at, then you would be getting the backer-reward pack equal to that level, if you subscribe for 2 years you could get one @ or around $240 and so on.
So right now the packs are anywhere between $34.95 -$1499.95 each as you go up with more things.

Although i feel that skins and the things given in the subscription is completely different to what we get in the packs.I do like your idea, what if it was after you have subscribed for how ever long it takes to qualify for a discount for a specific pack so as an example

Higher the pack the longer it will take to earn the bigger discount e,g

Pack 1 after 4 months discount for pack 3%
Pack 2 - after 6 months discount for pack 7%
Pack 3 - after 12 months discount for pack 10%
Pack 4 - after 18 months discount for pack 15%
Pack 5 - after 3 years discount for pack 18%
Pack 6 - after 5 years discount for pack 21%
Pack 7 - after 15 years discount for pack 25%

What else could the long duration of subscription include a loyalty scheme just like in shops we like to get
a perk this could be something like what firefall did with its 15% boost i think it was for vip if i remember right.

i know they have to make a profit too and we also as consumers like deals so maybe we can get nice things and still have that good balance?

ungwelianti#5959

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Mar 23, 2020
Waking up my old thread, Still think it would be cool with some extra Loyalty type of thing....

But have to say though, I don't really care THAT much, I just want to play this game, quite excited and even more of that in the last cpl weeks alone.