April 27, 2021: Chief Chat Notes - "Our Light Omniframe "Sport" version with Dual Power Fists Debuts!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
CHIEF CHAT BRIEF SUMMARY FROM TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2021

==== MAIN POINTS ====
► New Patron skin is ready, featuring a new Light Omniframe skin based on the new concepts!
► Psst! Guys! Its Grummz's Birthday on the 29TH! Don’t forget to wish him a happy birthday!
► New Omniframes! Concepts showing off the redone light and medium frame concepts!!

MEDIUM OMNIFRAME CONCEPT ART

LIGHT OMNIFRAME CONCEPT ART

LIGHT FRAME TURNAROUND POSES

FRAME SIZES LINEUP
This is the current iteration of the size line up, not final.

==== GENERAL POINTS ====
► There will be four distinct manufactures that will offer four different looks in our game for your frames.
► On Thursday the team will try to get chat in the playable test builds. No 100% promises, but that is the goal.

==== CHANGES IN THE TSI-HU OVERSPAWN DEMO! ====
▼ Added things: ▼
► Inverse mouse acceleration [compression for mouse] for more precise aiming!
► Mouse smoothing is now on by default (can change in settings).
► Increased the spawn rate count & rift count at one time.
► Feel free to mess with the positive and negative mouse acceleration!

==== FUTURE PLANS ====
► Plasma cannon textures and game play changes still to come!
► We’re looking at camera and camera recoil.
► Next thing we’re gonna try is locking the camera, without a wandering cross hair.
► Grummz would like look down over the shoulder sights.
^ “Here's what I’m gonna do for that, I’m going to make right mouse over the shoulder zoom, and move alt fire, literally to the alt key.”

==== Q & A ====
► Question: What balance are you planning for between mecha sections and infantry/on-foot sections in EM-8ER? Are mechas planned for use outside of mining activities?
Grummz: Yes, Some zones will be under invasions, some zones are relatively peaceful and quiet. The peaceful and quiet ones, you are thumping for resources, you are crafting your frames, your building up the bases, your raising the terraforming level of the zone, to raise the overall world tech tree. At the same time in an already built zone the Tsi-Hu are invading and attacking, trying to dismantle your bases and crush everything in its path, and take over the zone to take it away from you. So you have to push back against that, and if you don’t the world tier will fall. Then the maximum of what you can craft, drops a level in tech.
As for the question: is there a role for other things? Yes, during an invasion additional vehicles get authorized. So you could potentially call down your T.H.M.P.R not just to mine, but to act as a fighting unit to fight alongside you. You can spawn vehicles and spider tanks, gun ship hover crafts.

► Question: How long do you plan for it to take to research a tier mode?
Grummz: That’s up to you! There's a lot to research in a tree, you still have to craft it. So you need resources and special things to advance your way through the research tree. Once you get the research tree unlocked, then you can craft it. I think that its going to be quite a bit of work to unlock nodes in this tier, and you have to unlock a certain number of nodes before you can access the next tier technology. Not only that but if you want to access the next tier technology, the world tech tier has to be at that level.

► Question: Will emotes be done similar to skin in the store?
Grummz: Yes! We do plan to sell emotes and voice packs alongside skins.

► Question: How will the transmog system work in EM-8ER?
Grummz: The way it works in EM-8ER is that you can put any skin on any frame that you own and you can combine them, if you have a mek there are different cosmetic slots on your mek. There's actually 7 different cosmetic slots you can swap in and out, and you can swap the geometry in and out as well as how they look. The more skins you have in your library, the more combinations you have.

► Question: When you said moving alt-fire to Alt did you mean it’ll be a toggle to switch between firing modes or will you shoot with the alt key?
Grummz: I was going to make it a press and hold but someone suggested it be a toggle, I’m debating the 2 right now.

► Question: Will we be able to customize our character as well? Or are there certain signature characters we get to choose from?
Ronyn: Oh you’ll have quite a lot of options on how you make your character look. From body shapes to hair styles to outfits.

► Question: What happened to the new character art demo that was mentioned a few months ago with the new character 3D models?
Grummz: I made a mistake, I thought it would be a lot easier to get the models in there. But then I realized we need the male model finished, and that we only have the Feli skin finished, so what are we going to do for people who don’t have the Feli skin? So we had to build clothes for them. That took some time we now have the clothes for them. We have Founders Geesuits V1. We got the componented character in for the first time today. Then we promised that we would have chat. On Thursday the team will try to get chat in the playable test builds.

==== QUOTES ====
► “Waiting for this game is Em8erable” ~ Chazz

==== THANK YOU’s! ====
► Fai’s thanks winner! “garonedin”!
► Fai’s thanks winner! “KerbonautCC”!

==== FUN STUFF ====
How To Get Into Any Gaming Company
Grummz: *It’s easy to get into most game companies with 2 pizza’s. This is my 2 pizza rule for breaking into game companies. Show up late at night when they are crunching, ring the doorbell and say you’ve got pizza, I say 2 pizzas because 1 is a little bit suspicious. It’s like anyone can buy 1 pizza and go in there, that's throw away money. 2 pizzas? Sounds like the team ordered some food, and then they'd let you in. (chuckle) that's terrible. There's your social engineering hack for the day.*

Assless Chaps
Grummz: *For the Assless chap fans, if you look on the top right-ish of the Light Frame concept art, there's some fan service for you. (you don’t HAVE to do that in the game.)*

Cup Holders
Chazz: “Does the medium frame get cup holders?”
Grummz: “Only the American versions get cup holders, Chazz.”

Toshi’s contribution for frame cup holders

==== APRIL 2021 LIGHT OMNIFRAME SKIN - "SPORT VERSION" ====

The introduction of the light omniframe this month is our homage to Firefall. A blend of Firefall personal sized armor, combined with modern anime sensibilities, the light frame features high agility, wall running, and the ability to wield two melee weapons. This month skin is the “sport” version of the light frame with optional Dual Power Fists. A sample Geesuit (also included) is pictured, but any geesuit can be worn with your light frame.

---------------------
TWITCH VOD LINK: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1002845866

Status
Not open for further replies.