April 22, 2021: Chief Chat Notes - “Full frontal Grummz and Hundreds of Tsi-Hu Attack!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
BRIEF SUMMARY OF CHIEF CHAT FROM THURSDAY APRIL 22, 2021

==== MAIN POINTS ===
► New test build drop today! “[LATEST] Tsi-Hu Attack! - Hundreds of Tsi-Hu Attacking!”
[Link] https://my.em8er.com/downloads

==== FUTURE PLANS ====
► For the next demo we’re going to try playing with the spawn rates so that it’s actually aware of how many active units there are, and increases their spawn rate depending on how fast we’re killing them.

► The idea is that the T.H.M.P.R.’s will be like your companions, you can get voice packs for them, and the face plates will play emojis.

► Enemies will attack your T.H.M.P.R and you have to defend it as it goes around mining stuff. We will be working on that as our next core encounter, so say goodbye to the rifts after we do dynamic spawning to stress test the servers. The next thing you will see is wave spawning for T.H.M.P.R. encounters.

► One of our community team members, Shadow, pointed out that the gliding feels too slow, and most of the time you are too slow. Before you were able to get a burst of speed if you went down and back up. But it feels a little lethargic to me now. We're going to be looking at tuning the gliding speed.

► Over Thrust is definitely abuse-able, but there's a fix going in to correct it a bit better.
► We’re going to be working on personality and stagger states for the Tsi-Hu.
► Light frames will have deploy-able turrets in the demo, in the playable mock up.

==== Q & A ====
► Question: Will there be any region gating for online play in EM-8ER?
Grummz: It is too early to ask, But part of the way we plan to fund this game is by licensing out operation of the game to different territory and they may want to have exclusivity. The other reason is that were an online game, were a shooter, that's very action oriented, latency is a thing, you don’t want huge latency connections. You may want the option because your friends play there and I totally understand that, that is something I Would definitely fight for, But be aware, your going to have HIGH PING.

► Question: Any chances of getting the game on consoles?
Grummz: Yes, I think those will be stretch goals for Kickstarter, I'm sure on play station we will get censored since we have waifu’s

► Question: Will it have cross-play?
Grummz: Yea, I would definitely want cross play where we can do it.

► Question: Can we get comics for EM-8ER?
Grummz: Comics are huge now, Sure, I’d consider that maybe that's something after we do the Kickstarter. We could do an independent comic, because the novel would be done by then because I want to make the online version available shortly after Kickstarter. If we have a novel, and that much lore, then comic writers and comic illustrators can tap into all of that and quite easily make a comic out of it and if we crowd fund that comic it could probably do really well!

► Question: Will the heavy frame play the same as the other two, or will it have “tank controls”?
Grummz: It’s going to have a different movement mode. (How it moves) All of the frames (light, medium, & Heavy) all have different movement modes.

► Question: Question about the building mechanics, is it more like a RTS type of building, or more like Minecraft where you have to build each section of the building yourself?
Grummz: It is an RTS style building, we don’t want you to create just anything that spirals out of control. Especially since it is multiplayer, This is not a 4 player instance or anything. What your going to see is RTS style buildings that spawn in and then any buddy in the world can contribute resources to it and as they contribute, it speeds up how fast they are built and it’ll also upgrade the facilities.

► Question: Can we knock the Tsi-Hu down eventually?
Grummz: Yes, if you have Overthrust, the idea is that you can knock them down.

► Question: Where are the servers hosted?
Grummz: In the US EU and Pacific.

► Question: How will the modifications on the Omniframes work?
Grummz: The way frames are customized is, you choose to craft either the light, medium, or heavy frame, and during crafting you determine its allocations, like how much armor and power system it will have.
And, there are no classes, it's whatever you decide to put on your frame by selecting abilities and weapons. Aesthetically, you can skin your frame with color and geometry, by swapping out arms, legs, and heads. The aesthetics are separate from their functionality

► Question: Any further thoughts on the “DNA” concept for copying or sharing skins?
Grummz: Yup that's something Harry's really big on, he definitely wants character customization to have sort of a DNA pattern to just share the string and say “hey if you wanna look like this here's the string for how I created by character” I think that's a brilliant idea and I look forward to putting that in the shipping game.

► Question: Any plans on changing the missiles to a primary weapon type instead of an ability?
Grummz: I think that's worth investigating. Maybe on the heavy frame there can be more of an option for that.

► Question: Do you have any plans to make certain frames weapons modular in terms of power upgrades?
Grummz: Yes the advanced crafting systems lets you very much customize a weapon, rate of fire, capacity, spread, range, etc. You can craft the weapon and loadout of your dreams basically that suits your play-style, including modular buffs.

► Question: Will there me anti-inflation measures?
Grummz: Yes the bases are a huge resource sink to repair them. And the more resources you put into upgrading, the higher the world tech tier, the more items you can research and craft.

► Question: Will there be base skins?
Grummz: You cant skin a base, but there is a backer pack perk that allows you to hang your banner on the base with your custom logo.

► Question: Can we change the colors on glider trails along with the paint job on T.H.M.P.R.’s?
Grummz: Yes, In fact after Kickstarter were going to revisit the T.H.M.P.R design to make it more modular, because right now its not. We will go back and re-design the T.H.M.P.R so you can skin it.

► Question: Will the 1st person view be through the “Sensors” of the Omniframe?
Grummz: Depends on the frame, I'm toying with the idea. That the heavy frame is through the eyes of the Omniframe, Medium is more exposes, and Light is pretty much what your character sees.

► Question: Will glider pads ever make a comeback?
Ronyn: Maybe in the future with a different/new purpose.

► Question: How much of the game is planned to be out of the frames?
Ronyn: Hubs as well as when you change mechs, or when you go on a mount instead of a skim mode, also your pilot can be seen unless you toggle hard driver mode.

► Question: Will there be a mode for missiles to auto split amongst those targeted?
Grummz: You can sort of do that now by stacking, by activating your missile ability and deciding how many missiles you want on an enemy by hovering your aim over your target for an extended amount of time.

==== QUOTES ====
► “Hello everybody stream is live, we will be discussing your mom.” ~ Grummz
► “We forgot to put clothes on the models.” ~ Grummz

==== THANK YOU’s! ====
► Fai’s thanks 1st raffle winner! ”CloneCluke”
► Fai’s thanks 2nd raffle winner! “wildchld”

==== FUN STUFF! ====
HE WENT FULL FRONTAL.
“Full frontal Grummz!” ~ Ronyn
“I’m going to go full frontal Grummz” ~ Grummz

GRUMMZ WAS REVIVED CONFIRMED.
“Yes, Grummz actually passed away years ago, and we've been using his name and likeness as a simulation to get the Em-8er community back together.” ~ Ronyn
“But then I came back from the dead and now you guys are in trouble, so now here I am live on cam.” ~ Grummz
“Yes he was stored with Walt Disney’s head and we got him back, defrosted him.” ~ Ronyn

--------------------
Twitch link to watch this Chief Chat yourself!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/996901551

Remember to put feedback on the most recent test build [Tsi-Hu Attack!]

https://forums.em8er.com/threads/latest-hundreds-of-tsi-hu-attack.1941

Status
Not open for further replies.