Anyone remember or have a link to Firefall Forums Revamp Post?

SirSam

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of months before Firefall Launched 1.0 there was a beautifully written extensive post on what changes to make. The post was written by a player and posted to the general gameplay forums.

It had everything from suggestions to hand made UI pics. It showed how to streamline gear, ect ect. It was a piece of art in and of itself.

I think the gentleman who wrote it might of even have gotten hired by Red5 or got a job offer?

I know the Firefall forums are gone, but maybe that guy posted that somewhere else still like reddit or another site or forum.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Know what the guys forumtag was? Have a link to another post location?

Thanks in regard. I need to read it again for a certain project of mine in school.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
No this was Before 1.0 hit. I need That specific post for my research. Not vids or opinions on how 1.0 was.
Yeah you're in a bit of trouble then as the forums aren't going to go back online. I looked through some game review sites, Firefall on Steam, comments on YouTube vids, etc trying to see if someone had posted anything like what you described but nada. Sorry...

SirSam

Oct 25, 2017

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Glad to be of help. Like @Wyntyr mentioned though, his posts have likely been lost with the firefall forums being taken down.

The only bits I have of his work on Firefall are a couple of links he sent me during a conversation I had with him.

These are the ones:

https://matthiasm.de/images/firefall_forum_/weapons.png

https://matthiasm.de/images/firefall_forum_/single-constraint/loadout_load.jpg

These should probably help you associate his work.

He seems to have a website:

https://matthiasm.de

though I can't find his firefall work in there. He's also a member on the discord server. Seeing as he's not all that active on here or on the server, you could try contacting him via his website.

rjay

Jul 28, 2016
A couple of months before Firefall Launched 1.0 there was a beautifully written extensive post on what changes to make. The post was written by a player and posted to the general gameplay forums.

It had everything from suggestions to hand made UI pics. It showed how to streamline gear, ect ect. It was a piece of art in and of itself.

I think the gentleman who wrote it might of even have gotten hired by Red5 or got a job offer?

I know the Firefall forums are gone, but maybe that guy posted that somewhere else still like reddit or another site or forum.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Know what the guys forumtag was? Have a link to another post location?

Thanks in regard. I need to read it again for a certain project of mine in school.
I was playing from start of ff back when we only had a live server one day a week which was the friends and family stage
the person your looking for I cant name for you as there were a few that the red 5 staff use to treat as if they were part of staff and were part of the games development as a beta player.

if you want me to help you with anything I remember the game from about the time the frames were maxed 15 and the engi got the op heal station at 15 that was about 1-2 month b4 they added the duel system
migration #1 was just after the pvp duel system was added if I can help either post if you wwant to keep it public or msg me if not I also just posted aload of old screen shots in a timeline to give u an idea of when I was playing

rjay

Jul 28, 2016
was the person lemonking by any chance he use to make a lot of add ons and I remember he had the devs ear all time

Sayan

Firstclaimer
Nov 18, 2016
though I can't find his firefall work in there. He's also a member on the discord server. Seeing as he's not all that active on here or on the server, you could try contacting him via his website.
I remember the post OP's talking about. Matthiasm had never worked on Firefall and made his mockups as one of the players concerned about new systems. Someone from r5 acknowledged his experience as designer and a lot of players wanted to see it get implemented, but Matthiasm said he had other projects and no intention to join the dev team.