Anthem. Anyone still salty / was salty that it failed. plus some extra talk.

Now most are going to say "I knew it was going to fail its EA" but me I knew in the back of my heart ya its most likely going to fail, flop, or just be horrible. Though this did not stop me from hoping EA would actually do good for once, especially when I played the demo and movement and shooting felt so dam good to me, but of course I could see the cracks in the walls (who could not? they where basically massive gaps in some areas).

Does anyone agree with me? Anyone else waiting seeing if it ever goes free to play or dirt cheap? Think any other publishers, developers, indies will try that again? Well besides our em8er :p please let em8er be a success.

Jul 26, 2016
well as soon as they said it's a four man teams only made me realize that. At the time there were others that even had raids that allowed bigger teams and they restricted themselves like that was weird. Then when I heard the world map is also a severely restricted player count was weird too me. I had played Destiny and skyforge, Tera, firefall and so coming to a world map with only so few players on it made it feel so dead.

Since then I have played games like Division so I can see it can work but in Division's case it's because that's they can sell the whole rambo/cowboy dream just as well as team play. And the map just feels alive with how the devs decorate the map and in Division 2's case with all the two or three AI sides fighting each other and roaming around the map.

I doubt it will go F2P. They are probably going to just release a new game called Anthem 2.0 and quietly close down the servers for Anthem 0.1

Last edited:
I am waiting for em8er i hope it will last like how wow has lasted so long.
I hope. But im also worried ill be to picky and wont like it.
I doubt it will go F2P. They are probably going to just release a new game called Anthem 2.0 and quietly close down the servers for Anthem 0.1
ahaha I dought it saddly.. I wish they would cause with the other things you said, they didn't affect me as much as long as I could play with my buddies as well. The demo showed me the shooting and movement felt so good in combat its just all the other stuff.

Also little fun thing I saw, anthem was like 30 at one point now its back up to 60 lol?

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
i liked the game, perfectly casual console game, just destroyed by complete lack of endgame content.

was hoping they would finish the remake before ps5 was released, but i guess that wont happend, and im not buying the game again for a new console generation.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Some new info re: Anthem via Twitter recently. Here's a vid:

Personally there wasn't any new info that perked me up. Possible this, possible that. More to come. Blah blah blah. New concept art for a faction and their region which actually doesn't mean a thing. FF did that near the end to keep The9 and what player base was left get the word out and keep funding ongoing. None of it went anywhere. I doubt any of it was even put in the engine let alone in the game. That's my feeling with Anthem and their team. Call me when they actually have game play footage from actual players and not something made in house.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Some new info re: Anthem via Twitter recently. Here's a vid:

Personally there wasn't any new info that perked me up. Possible this, possible that. More to come. Blah blah blah. New concept art for a faction and their region which actually doesn't mean a thing. FF did that near the end to keep The9 and what player base was left get the word out and keep funding ongoing. None of it went anywhere. I doubt any of it was even put in the engine let alone in the game. That's my feeling with Anthem and their team. Call me when they actually have game play footage from actual players and not something made in house.

Noticed the scar strider looks very similar to these but with spikey bits hmm
1595507038538.jpeg

Anthem cafoolo i guess that is how it is spelt or not, anyways it looks very similar to hydroid from warframe but with 1 longer weird arm and strange legs
1595507928304.png

I wonder how the story will be, bioware do have a reputation for interesting stories in games!

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Salty? No. Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? Absolutely not.

I remember playing the closed Beta and between the endless loading screens, crashing, loading into empty instances, missions not completing, etc.. there was a game that at least a few people really put some heart into.

I probably have a good 100 hours on it in total but it lacked end game content, they tweaked the drop rate into oblivion and I pretty much gave up from there. I'm surprised they haven't taken the servers down.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Salty? No. Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? Absolutely not.

I remember playing the closed Beta and between the endless loading screens, crashing, loading into empty instances, missions not completing, etc.. there was a game that at least a few people really put some heart into.

I probably have a good 100 hours on it in total but it lacked end game content, they tweaked the drop rate into oblivion and I pretty much gave up from there. I'm surprised they haven't taken the servers down.
Lol Anthem development process--

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
RIP

https://blog.bioware.com/2021/02/24/anthem-update/

So apparently, one of the rumors was the the amount of dev staff needed to actualy make this remake, and release it whitin a reasonable time, would have to be tripled from what it currently was, at around 30 to 90ish.

Prolly something EA did not realy want to, considering they want their game devs to work on mass effect and dragon age, titles that moust likely, if done right, would bring in alot more $ then a rebirthed Anthem ever could.

Allso dont help the cause that there is enugh of online action RPG games on the marked now. (destiny2, division1/2, warframe, avangers(tough that game is as broken as anthem is)

Last edited: