Angry

Ralzyn

Dec 23, 2018
Not getting a dime from me, you should have done a better job collecting the account names and emails of founders before you decided to try to remake the blunder you so wonderfully screwed with no lube ... I want my stuff back or my money before I give another dime to anything M.K. has a hand in developing ... You've burned a lot of bridges and it would take a miracle for the disgruntled masses to return, with the exception of John Gault ...

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Well i might as well make this quick and simple, Mark could have simply not done anything to "refund" the firefall founders, it was a complicated task to accomplish as was, Grummz didn't have anything about the company as he was gone since multiple years before then, and to gather said information was especially difficult, it was doable thanks to xeevis who made most if not all of the refund program which worked for a time until the forums shut down when The9 pulled the plug. After which there was no way to verify founders, we did the best we could and we're sorry for the founders who didn't get the chance to arrive in time.

Mark did the very best possible to reward the founders, no one could have done anything better without going into illegal territory.

As for Mark's background, well, you should just read this post.
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/whats-the-motivation-here.1171/#post-34518

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Another uninformed individual tossing it all at Kern. Yes he was responsible for aspects of the issues but he wasn't there for when firefall truly failed. The9 sucks to this day. This program is still built in the safest way possible for development and your angry masses have blown every funding event by 300% or more.

Your angst is ok, but your ignorance is not. Sit on the sidelines then. There is a future here and you can always catch up to the rest of us then.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Not getting a dime from me, you should have done a better job collecting the account names and emails of founders before you decided to try to remake the blunder you so wonderfully screwed with no lube ... I want my stuff back or my money before I give another dime to anything M.K. has a hand in developing ... You've burned a lot of bridges and it would take a miracle for the disgruntled masses to return, with the exception of John Gault ...
I think you mistake me for The9 and Red 5. Those companies are the ones that ones that switched the game on you, ripping out everything I did and replacing with WoW with guns. They ran the company for 2 years and many more revisions before finally closing the company.

I am not associated with those companies in any way, as they made loudly clear when I left. Crixa Labs is also not associated with them at all, and is an entirely new company.

Because of the way Red 5 treated players, I wanted to do something, even though I was at a new company and Red 5 wasn't speaking with me. I did not think what they did to players was right. So I offered a free credit to those who backed the original beta towards this new game and new company. This was done at great future expense and with a lot of hard work from fans like Xeevis. Since Red 5 was hostile towards us, we were limited in getting the word out. We posted where we were allowed (Reddit would not allow it direct from us) and used Red 5's own forum messaging system to notify others.

When Red 5 found out, they tried to shut it down. They tried to screw you again, like they did before. Not me. They finally took their own forums down and we had no way to contact anyone anymore, or verify people as having purchased beta packs for Firefall.

I'd be very curious how you think we were supposed to get customer lists and receipts from Red 5? Burglary maybe? I'm sorry you missed out on the credit program, but we did our best, and it was not something any other game company would do.

Meanwhile we're doing well. We have over 17,000 accounts on Em8ER, a feat that Firefall was not able to do until their first PAX show. Of those 9000 have forum accounts and Discord has several thousand registered as well. We're going great and have shipped out our art demo and are working on terrain and movement next.

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Sticks and Stones , Baby, but his words fall upon deaf ears as those who were there till the end know the truth. I was and give Mark a tip of the hat for all he has done here. Can't live in the past, time to move forward to Em8er.
Maybe the forum needs a Anger Management Room for people that just can't let things go. Terrible loss of energy.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The new year is inbound and a new slate lets go EM8ER

Sometimes a company or certain people can make you look like the worst person in the world just like the place i worked.

There can be alot of turd stirring and gossip that can make anyone look like a tyrant

Unless you know someone in person and what they go through its difficult to know. I dont claim to know anyone but what i claim to know is that there is progress made if you really want the game your after take a pause and think what if you were running the show and something like this happened to you makes me feel bad in a way the thoughts and dreams to create something squashed by a company that had their own view.

Anyways bla bla bla this is a new game so see how it goes and put your point across for the new game cannot change the past but we can make this happen so lets make it happen!

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
You cannot change what has already happened, you can only learn from it and strive to be positive. Anger just slows you down and saps your energy. We all loved FireFall and it brought us many things, i have never met so many cool people of all walks that are still friends and have the same game outlook. We are here for a reason, we were all supposed to cross paths at this time. Have a Happy New year everyone and I'll be looking for you guys in the game.