An animation project I've been working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2017
steamcommunity.com
So this might be shameless self promotion but I don't really care.

Anyways, there's a project I've been working on and it's still in its earliest concept stages. What I'm making is an animation/visual story to the song "Sad Machine" by Porter Robinson. Right now, I'm the only animator/illustrator working on this and I plan to make the animations by hand with digital art and watercolor.

The intro to the video​

If you wish to keep up with me and the project, I also made a website specifically for that. Below is the backstory of the events leading up to the video, I may post the story of the actual video itself at another time, but I do not wish to spoil anything.

Backstory: Over the course of millions of years, the sun has slowly been growing in size. By the year 4389, it has grown enough to swallow Mercury, and it is on its way to overtake the planets Venus and Earth. With the sun growing in size, and rapidly depleting resources, most humans end up dying from heat and lack of resources. The plants however benefit from this heat and humans dying. Over time resources like water are renewed and further intensify the plants that have overtaken the earth. The entire Earth has become something like a jungle.There are some humans who have survived the intense heat so far and lack of resources, and have adapted to this new, harsh environment. Scientists and astro-engineers around the world have worked together to create life sustaining space crafts that is to float around in space until the sun becomes stable again and reduces in size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.