Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
So shouldn't the names be more... derogatory and off-handed? Most of these are trying to make them sound badass instead of something you just yell out.
That's a tricky one to answer.
On one hand the name could have that biting, derogatory sound that stems from feelings of disdain.
On the other hand the name could have that impactful, fear inducing sound that stems from feelings of dread.
You will find both of those feelings in war.
On yet another hand we have the the fact that this is an entertainment property so the name could have a certain cool factor.

Each of the various entries tend to slant more toward one of those three than the others. All three sources are a valid place to come at this from.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Lore wise, we don't know the name tsihu yet, which will be discovered later in "story" from linguist and scientists. As the enemy are still unknown to us, hence the first encounter on EM-8ER. As the enemy still being unknown, I simply call them "rabbit" (bloody rabbit for their transformed form).

Imagine an scenario being in a pub and i start talking about rabbit. Half the people (community) know what I'm talking about. New guys/gals ask what I'm babbling about "rabbits", a reaper points out the way and respond "go out there and see for yourself. You either learn to fear them or you learn to hate them"

tl;dr:
Example for slur, slang'n sh*t

Cop=police
Bum=homeless person
Fag=homosexuals
Big guy=me (thx terib lol)
Ami=americans
Kraut/krauz=germans (famous sauerkraut)

Stuff like that

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
So shouldn't the names be more... derogatory and off-handed? Most of these are trying to make them sound badass instead of something you just yell out.
That is because many people seem to have problems with reading comprehension and logical thinking skills. They read parts of the OP, ignore most other posts and their brain goes wild with irrelevent data that isn't really very useful. I pointed out this very thing multiple times in the round 1 thread, nobody seemed to pay attention.

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
here's my 2cents...
regardless of the poll we should (well i know i will) call them: SHEESH

reason: 'cuz it would be "logical both lore-wise and stupid-human-humor-wise "

explanation: as grummz said Tsihu is pronounced she-who (at least for now iirc), and it's plausible that they will yell at us things like "long live the SHE-WHO empire", or "SHE-WHO will kill yall", or something...that covers the "lore-wise logic part"
that said, knowing we humans and "our stupid humor needs" it's not far fetching that some reapers (me included) will start calling them SHEESH because...

Reaper 1: so m8 how was ur day...?
Reaper 2: oh it wuz mighty fine...had me a ton of.. SHEESH-KEBABS...(hahahahahahaha)

and there u have it :D :D :D :D

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
here's my 2cents...
regardless of the poll we should (well i know i will) call them: SHEESH

reason: 'cuz it would be "logical both lore-wise and stupid-human-humor-wise "

explanation: as grummz said Tsihu is pronounced she-who (at least for now iirc), and it's plausible that they will yell at us things like "long live the SHE-WHO empire", or "SHE-WHO will kill yall", or something...that covers the "lore-wise logic part"
that said, knowing we humans and "our stupid humor needs" it's not far fetching that some reapers (me included) will start calling them SHEESH because...

Reaper 1: so m8 how was ur day...?
Reaper 2: oh it wuz mighty fine...had me a ton of.. SHEESH-KEBABS...(hahahahahahaha)

and there u have it :D :D :D :D
Tsihu -> tissue (sounds kinda same)
Sheesh -> also an American dialect for jeez (jesus)

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
@joey i know about sheesh also meaning jeez...which just proves my point about human-humor-wise logic...
you can't say it doesn't inspire a few purely human/reaper jokes about situations with the "she-who"

SHEESH
:D

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
@joey i know about sheesh also meaning jeez...which just proves my point about human-humor-wise logic...
you can't say it doesn't inspire a few purely human/reaper jokes about situations with the "she-who"

SHEESH
:D
SHEESH, THOSE BLOODY RABBITS AGAIN.
huh, what? *looks over the wall*
Oh, sheesh. Here we go again *lock and load gunz*

ApisLove

Firstclaimer
Aug 30, 2016
I spent so long trying to choose names that people would realistically say.
I do hope, however, that the name doesn't imply that they are just mindless beasts.

luigisnipes

Firstclaimer
Aug 23, 2016
The reason we were asked to vote on three for each page is so that there's still plenty more than ten for the team to choose from for the top ten list. If everyone only voted on three right now, it's possible there simply wouldn't be ten left. It's also possible everyone would simply vote on the three they themselves posted and we'd be right back to square one. This format eliminates both possibilities completely.
I only saw two of the names i psted xD i may have skipped the other donno. If they posted all the names we had given then it is true voting like this is a good way or rate from 1-10 and the names that are voted most points gets to go for round 3 and what not. I had 1problem voting ... being. There was too many good names xD i liked alot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.