Alien Naming Contest - ROUND TWO!

Discussion in 'Contests, Events & Giveaways!' started by Ronyn, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

[​IMG]
    We know they call themselves the Tsihu. The reaper teams that endure their constant attacks have a more colorful name for them. That name is....up to you!

Greetings fellow Reapers,
    Welcome back to our first community contest. This is round two.

Over the last couple of weeks the community has submitted a surprising amount of creative name ideas. Due to that wonderfully large number we have had to reorganize the rounds!

So this is how it goes. Round two of this contest will be a series of polls to boil down our options. Round three of this contest will be the top names from round two all collected into a new poll. From that poll the community will select the top ten names. Finally, in round four, Grummz will decide the official human name for the Tsihu. What does all that mean? In simple terms... Get ready to vote, vote and vote again!

What do you do for round 2?
    • Follow the link below.
    • Vote on the names you like in each and every poll.
    • You may vote for up to three names in each and every poll.
    • The goal is a colorful, human sounding name that the soldiers will call the Tsihu.
    • Round two of this contest begins on Tuesday September 13 and will close Wednesday September 28th.
    The ember team is ready to see what rises to the top!

POLL CLOSED
    There are several pages in this poll. Don't miss any.

Don't forget about the prizes!

What's that? I was supposed to tell you about prizes? Well then I am happy to announce that the creators of the names that make it into the top ten will receive 8x10 signed color glossies of the new thumper vs Kaiju poster and 8x10 of the omniframe, thumper and Tsi-hu. The creator of the name that Grummz selects at the end will win the grand prize. A 36x24 thumper vs Kaiju poster, and the Gatestrider reward level from the last campaign. If they already have it, they can gift it.

Can you imagine this image, in all it's glory, up on your wall?
    [​IMG]

Stay on target Reapers, this battle is just getting started.
    - Ronyn

kidman, neonserge, engjang and 3 others like this.
  2. Anrothan

Anrothan Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

Ayyyyy 1st post!

I Winz!

3. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

4. Fooni

Fooni T.H.M.P.R.

Done!

Spongebob likes this.
  5. Mahdi

Mahdi Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

Quite the list, Ronyn. You've been very busy breaking down all of those names.

Seriously though, these types of events are going to keep this community rolling strong for the next couple months waiting on the developing that is taking place.

NitroMidgets, engjang and Adrian like this.
  6. NitroMidgets

NitroMidgets Gatestrider

None of the above was not an option so I just closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to come back here and complain about it not being an option therefore I closed the tab to do something but I don't remember what it was.

7. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

And...done. I don't think there were enough names on there...perhaps we should wait for some more...lol.

8. Mahdi

Mahdi Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

I actually took the time to read this. Maybe past my bed time.

Kvothe421, NitroMidgets and engjang like this.
  9. syna

syna New Member

most of the names are quite not up to it, and i wonder if its just me or nobody ever came with a name as simple as "buggers"?

SomeUnregPunk likes this.
  10. Earth_Soldier

Earth_Soldier Well-Known Member

Honestly I've not finished it because in the very 1st page of the poll I don't like any of the names there, it should exist a single option called: " I don't like any of the ones proposed" in every page of it so one can move to the next page, something I couldn't do.

This poll has just started so @Ronyn might you be able to fix it if possible so everyone can vote properly!??.

Sincerely.

Manuel Jr.

Edit: Meh... finished it too, just used some dice to select them >_>.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    SomeUnregPunk, syna and DARKB1KE like this.
  11. DARKB1KE

DARKB1KE Well-Known Member

I'm just here to say none of them.

NitroMidgets likes this.
  12. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

Had to pick more than a couple I don't like just to finish the poll.

EDIT: Personal favorites.

Greavers
    Smokies
    Verdants
    Craters

13. Squid Boss

Squid Boss Emberite - T.H.M.P.R.

Yeah, being forced to pick names you've no desire to see is rather awkward. A 'None of the Above' would be really nice.

Finished it anyway but for what it is worth a few pages I had to pick one I wasn't interested in to go on. :(

Would much rather have seen a full list and had 10 total votes than be forced to pick the lesser of evils if I found nothing appealing on a section of the list.

SomeUnregPunk likes this.
  14. neonserge

neonserge Well-Known Member

So many cool names but which one !!!

engjang likes this.
  15. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

Yeah, was kinda weird to read, nearly 90% weren't slang/slurs/nicks

Making Tsihu sound like a slur or short nickname

EvilKitten likes this.
  16. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

Lol that's how I felt ON THE FIRST PAGE

NitroMidgets likes this.
  17. 13umbleBee

13umbleBee Emberite

Just did the survey, there were some pretty cool ones in there.

nice job gang!

engjang likes this.
  18. Daynen

Daynen Active Member

The reason we were asked to vote on three for each page is so that there's still plenty more than ten for the team to choose from for the top ten list. If everyone only voted on three right now, it's possible there simply wouldn't be ten left. It's also possible everyone would simply vote on the three they themselves posted and we'd be right back to square one. This format eliminates both possibilities completely.

19. angiasaa

angiasaa Death Reaper

Just finished the survey. Rather than have a "vote for the best three" story going on, it would probably be harder for us and more an evaluation of true sentiment if we had to rate every 10 names from 1 - 10. We run through the names till in the end, we rate the top two names from each page. Finally, we get to rate the top ten names as chosen by the community in a separate third round. But then, we'd likely be dead of exhaustion by then, so... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.