AI dispatcher

AhmNee

Omni Ace
Jul 23, 2017
I've been listening to Grummz speak about the invasions. One of the things I've seen in other games that causes some amount of consternation is trying to coordinate who goes where to shore up defense.

I was wondering if there were some way to setup an AI dispatcher. Would let people know who or how many are defending in certain areas. Areas that could use more reinforcement if the battle is going poorly there. Etc.

I'm not sure how challenging something like this would be. Curious what others think about the idea. I'm sure that voice in-game could solve this but I've never been a fan of in-game voice. It's always been immersion breaking.

Maybe there's a way to introduce faux static on voice chat that will make it sound more like comms. But I digress.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
A SIM tower to access at a base with sufficient tech could show how many players are in a zone maybe. Would be easier than showing data from the enemy. Still wont show strength of the players in battle, but still. Create another motive to invest in a base and help coordinate the warfront.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if color of the tower beam/wave/aura at that area showed the lvl of defense/numbers

Blue - Highly defended
Green - Sufficient defense
Yellow - Low Defenses
Orange - Critical defense
Red - No defense Danger

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I like this idea as well. It would be a nice way to integrate alerts into the game lore/NPC system.

Of course, we'll likely see activity from afar (I hope) with visual effects of combat and audio (even from afar, the big Kaiju could be heard when they do something special).

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I like the idea for local zones and bases currently under attack. Say your player base is under siege, your Strategic AI could advise on enemy positions (whether they're approaching from the north or south, if it's just fodder or a tier 3 Kaiju, etc.). But as an overworld, a heat/colour map would do.
what if instead of pure ai, players could conrol wheree the ai directed players to? For instance, instead of the ai just telling you that there's a cat 2 coming into THMP Dump from the west, a player marks it in NAVEL and squad/platoon leader issues command to the AI to instruct players entering the zone where to go.

Aug 5, 2017
UK
what if instead of pure ai, players could conrol wheree the ai directed players to? For instance, instead of the ai just telling you that there's a cat 2 coming into THMP Dump from the west, a player marks it in NAVEL and squad/platoon leader issues command to the AI to instruct players entering the zone where to go.
I like this idea...have played GW2 and many Mentors/senior players would suggest locs/tactics on massive size instances (Dragon/monster encounters) - BUT, without 'player callers' the SIM system alerts from FF was a reliable way to 'Rally' players.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Would it be possible to have the players tack on their info on top of the "generic" alert blast? Do both things at once.

So,there is the generic invasion alert that goes out and then players can (maybe an option) "tune in" to a channel about the invastion which reports the player information in that channel about that invasion.

So players who are busy somewhere and don't want the detailed information from other players on site get the generic alerts (all players), and all players hearing the generic system alerts can at any point opt-in to listen and/or participate in the player driven information system.

If there were multiple base attacks at once, each would have its own channel for players' input as long as the invastion was ongoing.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
There has been a good theme of player communication for the invasions. This would be cool. My mind just goes to the resources for development and server strength. See some complications to griefers spam.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
What would happen if there were no queues as to enemy concentration or movement, or player information? Entertain that minimalism. Players will coordinate if they find that fun. The game isn't going to be so hard as to require strategy anyway.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So players who are busy somewhere and don't want the detailed information from other players on site get the generic alerts (all players), and all players hearing the generic system alerts can at any point opt-in to listen and/or participate in the player driven information system.
Would be useful if say the pilot had opted and their area would be hit next so they have an idea who to help out before their area gets hit.

What would happen if there were no queues as to enemy concentration or movement, or player information? Entertain that minimalism. Players will coordinate if they find that fun. The game isn't going to be so hard as to require strategy anyway.
Perhaps this happens when Sin system are down/damaged or not available, and then we must rely closer with our team mates. I am not sure how difficult it would be and depending on the area and which enemy type(s) we confront especially simultaneous coordinated attacks hmm

Last edited: