Additional Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
I know gun development is a milestone thing, but.... can we a Tsar Cannon add-on option for our T.H.M.P.R.?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Could there be a community section for folks to add their own creative work to be able to purchase with game points/currency?

E.g. for accessories, cosmetics, weaponry, etc etc

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
Already know the answers to these but could be useful to be added.

1) Will in-game purchases give you an unfair advantage over other players? (Pay to Win)

2) Will there be vehicles to be used in the game?

3) Will there be a 'refer a friend' system which rewards you for inviting your friend to the game? Such as small temporary XP boosts for you and your friend etc.

Mcguy

Firstclaimer
Apr 22, 2017
Hey guys! I mained the arsenal in FireFall before it was removed, will there be something like that class in Amber?

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA

1) Will in-game purchases give you an unfair advantage over other players? (Pay to Win)

3) Will there be a 'refer a friend' system which rewards you for inviting your friend to the game? Such as small temporary XP boosts for you and your friend etc.
I do not think (1) will be a problem, as far as I know. I think all things purchased will be cosmetic and not impact your ability to slay the enemy. It has been discussed a bit.

I know (2) is planned, but it will come later on. In the start, we will have the gliding and jumpjets similar to Firefall, but with a new "skim" method of travel where we can use jets to skim over the ground. This would be I imagine kind of like low gliding, but without the risk of accidentally landing as happened in FF doing super low gliding sometimes.

I know nothing of (3).

Hope that helps.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany

1: NO PAY 2 WIN IN THIS GAME.

2: VEHICLES WILL BE ADDED IN FUTURE UPDATES.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Was justing thinking in the story of how mechs were made i remember a scene of robocop

Maybe there is a journey of how we progress with our mechs and still find the few old prototypes laying around for fun to even use hmm even for spare parts perhaps?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Was justing thinking in the story of how mechs were made i remember a scene of robocop

Maybe there is a journey of how we progress with our mechs and still find the few old prototypes laying around for fun to even use hmm even for spare parts perhaps?
WOULD BE INTERESTING. SINCE THOSE BIG TOYS HAS BEEN REFITTED FOR COMBAT PURPOSE.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Im curious about the AI, i get the general feeling that people dismiss the idea of AI's being even remotly "intelligent" and just consider those scripted behavioral "AI's"* the norm that don't the diffrence between a open or closed door. (While i have been used to seeing AI's that can learn your moves and thrown them back at you and quite literally be 16 deep moving ahead of you. Which kinda feels like Avengers vs the adaptoid moment.)
(*The AI's that are more like ducks on rails at the shooting gallery which doesn't really make them AI's)

Can you expand the general idea of the AI in the world of Em-8er? (I guess would be the short way to ask the question. When someone speaks about AI's being stupid my mind just goes to
That thing plays Mario better than me!)

There also was mentioning how the AI focuses on strategic targets bases etc... Like how does it calculate the value? (Also a jokefull question would be:"Can a player piss of the AI so to speak and be considered a strategic target so there is a "Wanted by the AI" kinda moment from the terminator movies?)

Status
Not open for further replies.