Add More Illuminated Parts/Reactor Lights to the Omnimek(Art Edit Included)

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
I originally put this in the hard-driver omnimek art update, decided to put it here for more visibility:

"My only wish with the omniframe is that there are more lights/glowing parts added to the frame. Something firefall did well was combine bulk with reactor lights, something that looked absolutely gorgeous during the dark nights. Watch this video:

The contrast that the lights bring is absolutely beautiful and makes your character more visible during the night, especially with high-saturation colors for the lights.

This is what the hard-driver mode of the omnimek would look like in a dark night. I went with the hard driver mode for the sake of argument, since it has more lighted parts than the normal version.

Not very exciting :/

Here is my edit with more lights and stuff :p I can attach a version without the darkness, so you can see what the lights would look like in the original lighting.

Here is what the open-cockpit version would look like; The omnimek image i used for this one was higher quality so I worked on the head a little bit here as well."

Legend57

Omega Founder
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
Estonia
Glowing bits is a must have for Omniframes and having the ability to edit them to an extent should also be included. I was also thinking of something along the lines of Headlights for the frame that you can switch on and off. In fact it'd be great if you could have a hotkey for switching All your lights off, decreasing your visibility (for whatever reason)

I just hope the game will have a proper night/day cycle for us to utilize all the lights though - something really dark.

Jul 27, 2016
Can the glow be switched on/off?
It's a good question. Backwards-shining lights can be a bit hard on the eyes. So if forward-shining lights are bright and you can't see them, that would work. Visually you might have something like 100% glow opacity in the front, 35% in the back (what the player sees on his monitor) that way it's not obscuring the view. (everyone knows staring into lights isn't good for you)

Meanwhile you can have that only work for client-side meaning all other online players will see your lights at 100% glow opacity across the board on your entire mech. But for purposes of visual clarity, it appears different to the player.