About the post-launch game!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
I read in: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/ju...his-grand-vision-for-em-8er-post-launch.2077/ about Grummz ideas for post-launch content, and i have some suggestions and concerns:

-I hope that the war against tsi-hu don't be forever, like if after 10 years of the game launch gatestriders (players) aren't still fighting against tsi-hu and their kaiju in em8er to try creating biomes for their new home.
Why not moving to other planets or even galaxies, exploring the other human settlements, or finding the other kind of tsi-hu that imprisioned the tsi-hu in the time-loop prison, or even finding the enshigi... all of this and more with em8er as the homeplanet and base of the gatestriders or even the Universe Defense Team Against Tsi-hu, Enshigi and Other Threats...

-About the secondary jobs systems i love the idea of non-combat or half-combat job systems, and it could be much more.
In some games like the new PSO2 NG they have some cute and harmless creatures, that if we attack them they just run away, but players need to kill them for some types of resources.
I don't like that feature, like i don't like when games treat players like if they are killing machines that need to kill and destroy everything that moves (and then we have some games where we can't kill other humans npc's or players for their meat, skin, bones... like the resources from other animals...).
Why not having an in-game "living ecosystem" feature and jobs for that (the game Wakfu have one that isn't bad, with penalties for players in the open world if they kill too much or too less)?
Like a biologist job with the botanist and zoologist fields? The botanists could look for allien plants to gather special seeds for the farmers and special fruits and vegetables that don't grow on farms, to produce poisons and antivenoms, healings and boosts to use in battles, and maintaining the wild alien flora under control, including carnivorous and monster plants, maybe even with the ability to summon special encounters with them... The zoologists could do almost the same that botanists, like findind and researching wildlife, catching some in "pokemon style" for research, resources and pets, getting resources from wildlife without threatening them, or even (later in the game) making some allied kaiju to help during battles...
In the end all jobs could be connected so no job could be useless.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like the thought of @VRK9 opens up to many possibilities not just multiple endings but multiple time lines and planets, even numbers of solar systems and so forth!

-I hope that the war against tsi-hu don't be forever, like if after 10 years of the game launch gatestriders (players) aren't still fighting against tsi-hu and their kaiju in em8er to try creating biomes for their new home.
Why not moving to other planets or even galaxies, exploring the other human settlements, or finding the other kind of tsi-hu that imprisioned the tsi-hu in the time-loop prison, or even finding the enshigi... all of this and more with em8er as the homeplanet and base of the gatestriders or even the Universe Defense Team Against Tsi-hu, Enshigi and Other Threats...

- Tsi hu / kaiju: The main threat would we ever stop them or just halt the loop for them to return in a different time loop or even evolved?)

- Enshigi: Not much is known but they seem to have immense tech, perhaps way out of the plantary system that would require huge spaceship like an Archlight 2.0)

- Wraiths: They appear in some of the partially destroyed regions / planets some territorial and others lost souls. They can latch on to individuals with who they hold a grudge or have had unexpectedly taken out from the world.

Some Pilots could specialize in the Spectre task force part of the GCSF.
They would use various tactics such as their A.I ghost buddy module equiped on all Spectre task force stimulating a rarely used part of the brain to sense better in all Units.

The aim is to either neutralize the wraiths by solving how they passed away for them to move on or to defeat them using magitech and certain items

Some wraiths could give warnings of dangers and others to bring a fear they are not all evil some are just confused. What if their burial ground was tarnished could make them upset until that was resolved etc etc.

don't like when games treat players like if they are killing machines that need to kill and destroy everything that moves (and then we have some games where we can't kill other humans npc's or players for their meat, skin, bones... like the resources from other animals...).
- KDS : (Karma Death Squad) a group of vigilantes some dishonorable discharged Reapers and even GCSF too mixed with a group of misfits.

There aim is to restore order and take out their competition some even reward you if your good deeds are met. Too many bad deeds and your marked for death, but too many good deeds you may get challenged for honor duel.

Unlike the mark of death you gain a reward depending on the challenger.
If the challenger is defeated you either can end them or spare their life this could go towards how they look at you for next time and the support you may get too!

The possibility of exploring various planets and their enemies and allies what if some strange occurrence
occurred setting us back to the past to fix a major error not that it ever happens at all unless your lucky enough to enter that rift.

This could be a timeshifter event on some planet where second chances are there or else the next time your stuck in the past and have to resort to the lower tech until the next opportunity for the rift to reveal and get you back to your current time.

That is not to say there may be glimpse of the future when we have unlocked much more of the em8er universe too

This may be something i have wondered but mutations such as in l4d2 you can add a mutation to have a bunch of boomers than your standard infected. In Em8er though depending on the planet and the enemy type and if we are in the present or past or future time line the A.I mutation could change to create an interesting weird challenge.

It might be the enemy type or numbers, could be how the environment changes even the gravity etc etc

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
so you wnat to pull out of Em8eristan? Are you not worried about the refugees you will leave behind?