About guilds...

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I'll just come in and resurrect this thread, throw in my two cents in the thing and watch them roll around and around and around and around and around and--

Guild Structure/Ranks

I do like @Torgue_Joey's structure but given the amount of people who would be playing, this may not be as effective for smaller groups. I believe following the Firefall model of building your own structure is a good one but instead being able to build it horizontally as well as vertically. My guild structure would look like this:

guildplan.png

As for something like a company (sub-guild based on Zone/Server active(?)), you could check your guild "tab" and it would show those in your zone. That said, if there are different shards, there'd have to be a way to join them. Not a server guy, I dunno.

Guild Halls

I’m personally a fan of instanced guild “halls” on the frontline, that are consistently under siege based on the amount of guild members online at the time. Nothing is safe. Defences will allow the guild hall to defend itself to an extent while members are online, with a timer displayed for when the base will be overrun. If the guild is overrun, the enemy retreats and the base loses resources for repairs. Buildings would include:

Accessible: Omniframe Garage, Armoury, Vehicle Garage, Dropship Pad, Defensive Structures, War Room, Bar/other social structures.

Inaccessible (cosmetic): Living quarters. Bathroom, Refinery, Orbital Omniframe Delivery Satellite Uplink, Defence/Repair Drone Bay

While all members are offline, the base can repel all attacks, but no resources are gained.

Guild Rewards/Cosmetics

I dislike the idea of guild rewards, but I still believe there needs to be a reason to join a guild. I thought of a couple of possible answers:

• Armoury allows member ranks and above to access guild-owned weapons and loadouts. This allows new guild members to either tryout, or semi-permanently arm themselves through their guild. These are non-consumable armaments owned by the guild for members to use in-game. The guild must purchase these items for this to be available. Members cannot modify, sell or otherwise trade these items, and they revert bank to guild inventory if member leaves guild.
  • Flags, paintjobs and other cosmetics are available for use if owned by the guild. These items can be purchased individually by members through non-guild related means (in-game store, etc.).
For leechers in my structure, they simply stay in the lowest rank, which doesn't allow them to access the guild armoury or use any guild-owned cosmetics.

Guild Other Ramblings

People are going to be attracted to the larger guilds unless a hard limit is placed on either a) the number of people in a guild or b) the number of guilds in the game. With Milestone 3, 33 guild names can be reserved, so we can guess 33 guilds will appear before the game launches. With 7,735 members on the forum at time of writing, this averages out to about 235 players per guild pre-launch.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Firefall had a limit of 99? So maybe a initial limit of 150 players for the 33 pre-launch guilds, a limit of 50 players for post-launch, and both groups have access to purchasing increases up to a limit of 300 members?

I saw elitism mentioned, and yeah, want none of that. In Destiny 2 for example, there's a website that shows your stats. If you go looking for a group to raid with, some of those groups vet based off of your stats. I can kinda of understand that they don't want to mess around with someone who may not know the raid, but still, people have to learn how to do the raid. Catch 22. Elitism isn't an issue that can be solved, and eventually you'll have all the wannabe experts and such in a few of their own armies with stringent entry conditions. If you don't want to be a part of that, the market has many more openings. If you don't want elitists or leechers in the guild, you can make your own, rise up the ranks in the current one to remove them, or join another.

The issue then arises with those annoying players who are grating, ignorant, and you just want to throttle them, but they're really good at the game. I can think of a few in the Firefall community, as I'm sure everyone can. Ideally, they shouldn't rise to a leadership rank because of their poor people skills. Again, up to the guild owners/moderators to decide. A basic member should be just as important to the guild as everyone else, those in leadership should just have the skill with people to manage it correctly.

Let me know. Once the website mentioned in Update Video 3 or 4 is launched, I’d imagine (other than a server meltdown) that’s where the guilds will start becoming more relevant, since everyone will be able to create their Ember game accounts.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I saw elitism mentioned, and yeah, want none of that. In Destiny 2 for example, there's a website that shows your stats. If you go looking for a group to raid with, some of those groups vet based off of your stats. I can kinda of understand that they don't want to mess around with someone who may not know the raid, but still, people have to learn how to do the raid. Catch 22. Elitism isn't an issue that can be solved, and eventually you'll have all the wannabe experts and such in a few of their own armies with stringent entry conditions. If you don't want to be a part of that, the market has many more openings. If you don't want elitists or leechers in the guild, you can make your own, rise up the ranks in the current one to remove them, or join another.
I remember joining a few guilds never seemed to fit in, sometimes some were doing their own things much higher lvl stuff some would help for a while. Tried to run a guild myself but nooo its a lot of organizing and work for me saying that those who do it really well got to applaud its not so easy as i thought. Its true that there will be elitism i like to think i am elite in using the tiki torch at the most inappropriate times :oops::D

Guild Rewards/Cosmetics

I dislike the idea of guild rewards, but I still believe there needs to be a reason to join a guild. I thought of a couple of possible answers:

• Armoury allows member ranks and above to access guild-owned weapons and loadouts. This allows new guild members to either tryout, or semi-permanently arm themselves through their guild. These are non-consumable armaments owned by the guild for members to use in-game. The guild must purchase these items for this to be available. Members cannot modify, sell or otherwise trade these items, and they revert bank to guild inventory if member leaves guild.
  • Flags, paintjobs and other cosmetics are available for use if owned by the guild. These items can be purchased individually by members through non-guild related means (in-game store, etc.).
I like these ideas!