About Ember, the Firefall spiritual successor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Right now as we develop art and lore for Crixa, it crosses over nicely with Ember. Since Ember is early on and mostly in design and art stages without coding, the work is compatible. When Crixa is ready for its KS in 2-3 months we will expand the paper and pen writing staff to handle fleshing out the content for the paper and pen RPG.

Ember art is handled outside of myself (I only direct the art in a general way), its working out pretty well so far.

As for FF, I don't think its a good idea for me to continue to speculate on the the whys and wherefores. :p

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Right now as we develop art and lore for Crixa, it crosses over nicely with Ember. Since Ember is early on and mostly in design and art stages without coding, the work is compatible. When Crixa is ready for its KS in 2-3 months we will expand the paper and pen writing staff to handle fleshing out the content for the paper and pen RPG.

Ember art is handled outside of myself (I only direct the art in a general way), its working out pretty well so far.

As for FF, I don't think its a good idea for me to continue to speculate on the the whys and wherefores. :p
does that include a manga comic like the firefall one?

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de

I cant wait for Crixa and Ember...sounds promising

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Thing is, this game does not have firefall spirit in it, yet. Gotta wait for beta testings.
Get your thump on! That's where spirit will be.

Although a thought about crafting. Will it be just a screen like the tables in FF or will there be an actual bay with an engineer and/or the player doing some kind of motions as if welding and such on the suit? Like have your character be in different areas around the suit based on what are crafting/upgrading?

Anyways, sorry, twitching over this project to proceed. Breathe, must be patient. Goooooosfrabaaaaaa.......goosfraba. Ok better.

AishaLove

Jul 27, 2016
We learned from Firefall that designing a shooter for PvE and PvP simply don't mix. They might as well be two very different games. Ember is being designed for PvE. Later, if we add PvP, it will be very different from the frames you play in PvE. But that's a big if.
That is certainly refreshing, I think you can do PVP and PVE together, you just have to keep them separate. People who like PVP will happily meet up at an arena to duel. So PVP can be instanced and balanced completely separately to PVE, including having classes, frames, and items behave differently only for PVP.

TGVirus

Firstclaimer
Ark Liege
Jul 28, 2016
Bucharest, Romania
That is certainly refreshing, I think you can do PVP and PVE together, you just have to keep them separate. People who like PVP will happily meet up at an arena to duel. So PVP can be instanced and balanced completely separately to PVE, including having classes, frames, and items behave differently only for PVP.
just dont make PVP part of the endgame. because The Division! :p

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
We learned from Firefall that designing a shooter for PvE and PvP simply don't mix. They might as well be two very different games. Ember is being designed for PvE. Later, if we add PvP, it will be very different from the frames you play in PvE. But that's a big if.
I actually like pve more than pvp. was never really into pvp when I use to play firefall.

Status
Not open for further replies.