A very good analysis of Planetside 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since playing PS2 for about 4,000 hrs the game is starting to get stale. I started looking into videos that I felt made me decide to play it for four and a half years. I remembered this video, I liked the idea of the narrative being held by the players, I felt that the points that they covered still persist, and the maps are the same as in the video as they are today (every snowy molehill).

The free to play model they have really should've been a bit more aggressive and also easier to purchase than through a ingame currency (a long term gripe). It's a very stingy part of the game as you need to Pay To Honk! (in any vehicle). I liked the VR room (that needed to be developed better) so you can try out new weapons. I liked how the animosity towards other player factions, hackusations and other skullduggery drive the future warmachine.

It was a game that really had a world of opportunity (Lightforge Engine is pure power) but replicating ingame locations and the variety of assets made it all very handmade and technically difficult to develop as opposed to Warframes procedural map tile sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.