A note on community drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
When community drama arises to the point where people are calling each other names and PM'ing devs and mods, it has a cost.

As a small team (tiny! And working part-time), the drama you create is one less hour, one less day, one less week we can devote to developing Ember as a game.

Before you throw shade, or name-call or PM a dev about drama on a fan-run chatroom, you are negatively impacting the development of Ember. Please consider that next time you are about to stir things up about something not directly related to the development of Ember.

We will handle our forums, but we do not have the resources to run all 3rd party fansites and chatrooms. We will refrain from stepping into these 3rd party issues, because we simply don't have the time and what time we do have we want to devote to making the game and running our own forums.

I have one meeting later this week with the Discord staff. But I need to be clear. We won't be policing any of this outside of our own site. Doing so hurts the time we could be putting into the game. We are not a large corporation with the resources to handle anything like that. Please do not PM or contact our devs or mods about 3rd party site management.

Thank you.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
I've been trying to stay away from this, but since Mark and mods have been dragged into this I feel like I need to share a few words of my own. I've been that small voice that advised no punishment and more friendly approach to everyone and I still do, I want to welcome everyone no matter what banner they carry. But some people took it upon themselves to be disruptive on fan-run discord server, this disruption resulted in punishment and as confirmation of the fact, they continued and dragged it to forums and even dragged Ember staff into it completely ignoring the fact that ember staff has better things to do than being tangled in such childish drama.

You have problem with Discord administrators/moderators, you go to them and sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.