A little concerned about new projects

Jul 7, 2017
Good day,

I am a longtime player of Firefall, having started back before the open world was introduced. I saw theFfirefall brand increase in scope, with a live action department and cosplay team, while the Firefall game itself haemorrhaged features that were the defining points of the earlier releases, (PvP first with pve on top being replaced by Thumper play only at one point)

Now, expanding the brand makes the brand worth a lot more so it's worthwhile to do from a business sense because more investors would be interested in an existing brand.

Added to this, I am also aware of how much this project should cost. the first three milestones raised over $140'000, and they've gotten around $90'000 from IndieGoGo, plus however much they've made since the new site launched.
Lets say they have upto $250'000. (not including any external investment)
This game probably will cost $900'000+ to complete anywhere near the intended vision

With that in mind, launching a Paetron to help fund the game is PERFECTLY FINE!

What Concerns me, however, is that a large part of the paetron is focused on Gatestriders and the Novel, both of which will take production time and costs on top of developing Em8er.
Added to this is that games change as they develop. A novel created this early in production could lock in story that needs to be invalidated later into development of the game.

In summary:
Crixa & Mark Kern, Please please please make the game your priority and finish it

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
Although concern exists at this time, and it's dwelling in many people's minds.
Try to avoid putting it this deep of a thought. This is what I keep telling myself.
Reason for this is because we have not gone into full game development yet. As stated many times before Grummz is the only full time developer on this while the rest are part-time.

That being said, I kind of partially agree with resources and time being split so far and thin, at this stage. But I also understand that he's just trying to bring in more revenue to make this a success (hopefully)

TL;DR: Give it more time. Just a little bit more, we'll know which way this will swing soon. :)

Damiv

Commander
Jan 26, 2017
Eh, the novel shouldn't be much of a distraction. They will need to do a fair amount of writing to get the backstory and lore of the game in place to have a solid foundation to build off of anyway. Taking some of that lore and expanding it into a full novel could actually help with that process, and at worst is a small distraction for one or two people. The TTG will require more resources, but relying heavily on community participation and feedback can help mitigate that somewhat.

Personally, I went ahead and subscribed, $8 a month isn't bad. I really want this project to succeed, and even if it doesn't turn out like I hope, I still feel better about spending my money here than buying another Anthem.