A couple questions about Ember

JeffCyr

Jul 29, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I quite enjoyed Firefall though with the latest updates I fell out of it. Now that I hear Firefall's dying and Ember is rising in it's place (Sweet phoenix metaphor by the way, a new flame rising from the ashes of it's predecessor.) There are a couple things that should really be answered already.

Firstly: Will Ember be free to play similar to how firefall was? Or will there be a one time cost or possibly subscription? (I vote F2P since I can't afford anything else)

Second: Is there a way to subscribe to a newsletter of sorts to know when the game enters closed/open alpha, beta and official release?

Thirdly: Are alphas and betas planned? Are they going to be closed or open?

I'm sure a few other questions need to be asked too, an official "Ask the Devs" thread would be neat, with the Original Post updated with the questions and answers that are worthwhile, questions could be picked by forum mods and sent to the devs to answer when they have the opportunity.

I'd also like to know whether the game's still conceptual or if it has some of it's aspects in a working prototype of sorts, more of my own curiosity than anything else.

Oh what about lore? Is that already done? I'd quite love to help on that end as an aspiring novelist! So if there's a way to help with that, let us (me in particular ;) ) know!

Ares 35: Jeff Cyr Signing Off!

Post Scriptum: As a bit of a nod to firefall and a reference for former Ares 35 I'd love to recommend a similar naming convention for the player character, though perhaps to use a god that represents rebirth or something akin to that, as for the number it could be anything honestly unless 35 holds a significance.

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
Firstly: Hello.

Secondly: Ember will be a buy to play game (one time purchase) with a cash shop with skins and other cosmetics.

Thirdly: I believe by simply joining the forum, you should receive important updates like that in the future.

Fourthly: There aren't currently plans for beta phases yet. The game still needs to go into production first, as we are still only in the pre production phase of development.

As for the rest of your questions, yes there is lore for Ember. It's based on the Crixa universe that Kern is using for the tabletop game in production now. No, there is no working prototype right now. And no, you cannot have a ask a dev thread for two reasons. One, I'm too lazy to do the leg work for that being an unpaid mod. Two, you can actually just ask Kern himself here or on Twitter. He gets back to messages pretty fast.

Alright! I think I nailed answering all those questions at 1 AM. Now I must sleep. Hope you enjoy your time here.

JeffCyr

Jul 29, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Thanks, well with a 1 time purchase it ought to not be too bad to buy, depending on the price that is, and as long as the cash shop remains purely cosmetic or things like boosts for experience or the like.

Thanks for the quick answers, sleep well! Well in most likelihood you'll see this in the morning so: Good morning! xD