2D Navel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
though... thinking about it further.... it's probably this hand...

also by Gia.

... oh and to ensure I'm not offtopic...

also by Gia.

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
... i wished i never started watching it *lol*
The light novels are so much better then the show. The show was faithful to the light novels up till season 3. Season 3 is when it went down the classic anime divergent plotline bullshit with throwing out core character development events, incorporating later villains into the story during a time period when they were not relevant nor should they even be there to begin with, and throwing in anime only content not possible in the light novels at the point in time the plot was at.

That said...

The ladies in the series are quite lovely, and the series has its own card game app. If only the anime had stayed more faithful to the light novels, it would have had immensely more support and gone quite the distance.

At the very least it started a (small) trend of harem animes with main characters who are not indecisive beta failures who can only ignore the ladies romantic advancements (due to being so indecisive!) while forcing the writers to create accident situations for fanservice.

Jul 26, 2016
At the very least it started a (small) trend of harem animes with main characters who are not indecisive beta failures who can only ignore the ladies romantic advancements (due to being so indecisive!) while forcing the writers to create accident situations for fanservice.
Is it the reason why the use indecisive beta failures because it's easy to write accident situations to fill a series season's episode up without damaging the series too terribly? Sure they could think of episodes that could positively move the plot forward within a series and thus shorten it's overall lifetime which directly affects their pay. Or they could make a few good episodes and fill the rest of the season up with filler that will have no positive or negative progress on plot development.

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Is it the reason why the use indecisive beta failures because it's easy to write accident situations to fill a series season's episode up without damaging the series too terribly? Sure they could think of episodes that could positively move the plot forward within a series and thus shorten it's overall lifetime which directly affects their pay. Or they could make a few good episodes and fill the rest of the season up with filler that will have no positive or negative progress on plot development.
In Highschool DxD's case all the girls know Issei's goal: To Become a Harem King. They compete with each other and tempt him. Though everyone also knows who is the Queen of the harem (Rias) and a general order that girls are going to marry him. They also tempt him because both they and him like it or it furthers their goals.

Look at most any other Harem story and they pretty much have to go against character development many times to get the fanservice out and it does not flow well. Eventually it comes down to someone deciding for the main character to make use of the current situation and actually advance the relationships in any direction at all.

P

PCMasterReece

The light novels are so much better then the show. The show was faithful to the light novels up till season 3. Season 3 is when it went down the classic anime divergent plotline bullshit with throwing out core character development events, incorporating later villains into the story during a time period when they were not relevant nor should they even be there to begin with, and throwing in anime only content not possible in the light novels at the point in time the plot was at.

That said...

The ladies in the series are quite lovely, and the series has its own card game app. If only the anime had stayed more faithful to the light novels, it would have had immensely more support and gone quite the distance.

Fuck yes, the HighSchoolDxD Mobage Mondays.

I may or may not have over 7000 of them pictures in a folder entitled Anime :p

Anime folder.PNG

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
"another fucking NAVEL song"

Here's a navel
Here's a navel
There's a navel
And another little navel