Does Udon art style really fit Ember universe?

Does Udon art style really fit Ember universe?

• yes

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fooni

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
g'day! :D

my test works. What's Udon Style? o_O

mmm, tasty! :p
Udon art style is the style Ember universe will use for their model looks and theme in the game and manga if they have any. Other games such as Street Fighter V from Capcom utilizes Udon art style. So basically its like Toon-ish with realism effect in the game.

Jul 26, 2016
Oregon
I don't know if any of you guys watch thelazypeon but he gave his opinion on stylized graphics and I tend to agree with him on this point. The gist is:

When you have a game with a super realistic art style it will be shown up in the next few years by another game making this game seem much more dated in comparison. However when you have a certain art style it extends the lifespan significantly.

The great examples I can think of are Okami and Limbo. Both are quite old but because the design is very stylized the don't look super old.

john alex

Jul 26, 2016
I am kind of let down now. I hate mangas and that style in general. Borderlands style, yes, but mangas? All this Asiatic style in games is kinda old. Not MY cup of tea though.

I was just expecting the artwork to be on par with modern UE design, that is all.

Jul 26, 2016
Borderlands style would work too!
Actually that's a good example of the concept.
If you boot up Deadspace now or Doom 3 now, old Halo games and the graphics seem dated while Borderlands doesn't.

I would really like to know what artist made all the Firefall doctors posters and artwork. That is some good work.