Female Characters

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
I don't really like Warframes mission/questing system. I think it could be more streamlined.
They have other hauled it a few times over the years. Might be worth looking at if you haven't played recently. The missions are the same but the structure to unlock news one is more open to skipping certain mission types.

On the subject of player models they were all kinda plastic looking. I couldn't tell it was an art style or modeling problem.

OhhPaigey

Jul 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
They have other hauled it a few times over the years. Might be worth looking at if you haven't played recently. The missions are the same but the structure to unlock news one is more open to skipping certain mission types.

On the subject of player models they were all kinda plastic looking. I couldn't tell it was an art style or modeling problem.
Yeah, that's true, all of the "human" models in FF were very poorly done.

I might have to check it out again, when I'm bored. :p

Jul 27, 2016
US

I always got the impression that it was a combination of:

Old technology, inefficient code. Lutz was absolutely amazing at optimizing that game but the engine was so bad.
Extremely low poly models with low shader detail.
Absolutely no high poly models to be seen, not even in cutscenes; no hair dynamics, everyone had a Trump Toupé.

I feel like they just did their best to work the art style around those limitations.

Jul 28, 2016
I do hope the humans actually look more human here. In FF they looked plastic and just... odd. Overall gameplay is important, of course, but imo, so is having a character i don't detest looking at while trying to enjoy that overall gameplay.

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
A big issue I had with Firefall was that the female character model was ugly and all the hairstyles and faces were disgusting. Please don't copy that.

Hopefully a bit more focus goes into character customization in general, that makes or breaks games for me, anyways.
human models were ugly, eveyrone of them
Actually the females that seemed to get awesome treatment was the chosen females.
Well at least in the face model. Was never really a fan of the player faces since they all seemed sameish and bland.

is that from ingame or from one of the many videos? i don't ever recall seeing chosen females, specially with that armor, i think that one was cgi

Jul 27, 2016
I liked the High-pony hairstyle with the face that looked more real. I'll find out the name of it later.

The rest of the face models did look strange or not anime-enough. Some weird hybrid.

I long as I get my Jiggle Physics™ that Dave Williams promised me, I'm in full support of better faces/customization.

All I ask is that if there is the same overabundant desire to have skin showing on female models and frames where it makes little to no sense... that the male ones be given the same treatment.

Let me see beefy man thigh!
*flexes*