100 Player Stress test FEEDBACK Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
Some insight into the glider prevention bug
It still moves the camera if you hold it, so it seems to be acting as if you're grounded.
Edit: Notice! littlewolf120 mentions that "Is on ground" trigger in UE4 is broken (in some way) `funky`

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
- drop a pad
- walk to the pad
- freely bounce up and down a whole lot
- bounce up, try gliding.. pressing space does nothing
- overthrust, then gliding works..
- Now gliding is forever odd

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Seeing a lot people have said talked about already. The most common issue I run into is no longer being able to initiate the mid air glide after only a couple of uses. Still trying to fit in more time to see these other issues like Fred's video. Damn excited though. This feels great to be on a server seeing other names from the boards, even at my odd availability of time. Thank you team and keep it rolling!

Aug 3, 2016
France
hi alls

i prefere the view away and all time you jump or fly the view is changing please make the CTRL key On/Off ;-) Thx

For virtual instrument fly Why 2 triangle are not on same level ???
Put a virtual level of horizon for the triangle on left and best angle to glide on the right. Horizon help you in many cas .

Thx
MJB

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
my avatar shits in the air to the side
:) made my day :p

broke a lot of things AND got the frame to dance by itself and a bunch of other things :D Take a look (MUTE AUDIO!!!!!)
click ciick click click i did not mute and at 5.09 you sounded in pain or was that pleasure...
shrugs

my issue is i have 1 hand for now until the swelling goes down damn you sports injuries :mad:

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I have ideas an annoyances for movement, but I've been waiting for additional functionality to be attempted before giving my full thoughts.

As of now, my biggest annoyance with flight is:

- I don't know when my overthrust is completed. In the exact spot, have an arc time down to indicate the time remaining.
- I often am pointing up to overthrust, and I want to deploy wings right after, but I instantly stall. I understand the "git gud" mentality as a response, but this functionality just doesn't feel right to me. I know it would be wrong and annoying as all hell to have it automatically shift my perspective to the horizontal (I hate destiny for this), but perhaps a moment of grace is needed after an overthrust if wings are deployed before stalling. My intuition is that this will open up some fascinating thrust-glide movement mechanics.

Em-cegu

Ark Liege
Apr 18, 2019
Italy
If I'm glinding near ground and I press E for deepstryke, my character stucks on the ground with falling animation (not always), it won't turn for following the camera and it shows permanent green trails.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I don't know what has to be changed, but I have no chance of actually getting on a small hill; I'll just fly over it.

I have to carefully jet, fly up, gently nudge over and hope I don't overshoot it. It's incredibly frustrating and would be absolutely un-fun in combat. Am I expected to stryke down to land?

Sorrow2u

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
So i was ask by Faeryl and Maven to dump this too from discord so i did : finaly i have test last build and shift needs to be 1/3 of its cooldown q needs to overide shift and allow to go in any axis and spacebar needs to regen in air or in shift and not only on ground .
yup sure i understand why is done here but remember brontodon king do you thing it wold be fun with this system? in FF it was possible to do that and if we want to fight more monsters like brontodon king we need that extra regen and be able to creative chain those skills in fight

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
First, I am LOVING the 100 Person Multiplayer Demo so far!! I have noticed a few tweaks already here and there (unless it's my imagination?). It seems the glider pad has a higher ... "bounce" ? I LOVE IT!!

<Insert my favorite gif EXCITED TODDLER here>

Next, quite a few folks have mentioned the regen on the jetpacks. I noticed the fuel does not regen even if you're just floating in the air (no jumpjets or abilities active) ... What about a tiny regen in that instance? I don't recall but I believe in FF we didn't have to be on the ground, we just had to not use the jets.

And +1 for @Wyntyr 's mention of the left arm APPEARS to be slightly bigger than the left arm on the Omniframe ... although not sure if that's an optical illusion or ...?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Gliding without the pad made the movement flow i am also pleased the pad is still available too.

The Power thrust is neat, but as Fooni, Meower mentioned if it could be used on ground too would be even better.

Could be used as a bash of some kind, imagine american football being played in mech suits now aah!

The deep strike makes debris fly does it do that to mini kaiju's hmm
That reminds me of the rhino smash in warframe where you see the enemies get thrown in the air for a time.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Thanks for all the bug reports and suggestions!

I see several requests for movement improvements. I’ll post some thoughs here. Philosophy is due to change once combat is in. So keep that in mind. Without the context of combat, we just don’t know what is *right* for movement yet.

1) Fuel regen: I am for regainig fuel at a slower rate while in the air, but not while gliding. The reason is that with regen while gliding, you end up being able to infinite glide across the map. I could add a longer cooldown, but the wing cooldown feels long enough as is. We also have the ability for it to cost fuel on each wing deploy, which could lower the cooldown rate. Will experiment. if you want to travel long distances (but slower than gliding), that is what skim mode will be for. Skim mode takes a moment to engage and then lets you fast travel and skim over the terrain at a low height, then disengage to go back into regular movement. This is a planned feature we’ve yet to implement.

2) Fuel regen while not jetting in air. This rate cannot be equal to jet fuel consumption rate. Some have asked for the same regen right on ground, in air, or gliding. This would mean you never need to land. Not only does this shrink the world, but it means all combat would be in air all the time. This is not the intent. The intent is that ground combat is a thing, and jets helps but have risks/rewards, and gliding is a quick escape if you need it. You should be fighting mostly on the ground, using jets and glider strategically.

3) Guns while gliding. Gliding is fast and a long distance, this would be very abusive. Again it would force players to always glide to be most effective while shooting and this isn’t mean to be a flight simulator. My feeling is that weapons and abilities during glide, combined with glide anytime, is a recipient for having everyone always gliding in combat, which is not the intent.

4) Jet feel and landing. I agree there needs to be more air control in the air and more friction when you land so you don’t slide off small hills.

5) Double tap jets: These are coming for quick strafe moves in air, but they will be craft able modules. We want movement modules for things to be upgradable for different things like mid-air strafe dodge, etc.

6) Ground movement and obstacles. I’m going to go into the build and play with this a bit. People are saying they are obstructed a lot on the ground. We can play with the slope degree you are allowed to run up on, the step up height, the jump height and also might considering handsprings over lower obstacles like some games do.

Again, these are just current thoughts based on no combat, no enemies. Fluidity of movement is important, but we also don’t want to turn this into an air combat based game.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'd love to see gliding and shoot but what if using weapons affects the glider so you could use it but it would effect how far you go meaning shorter distance than just gliding because it would affect the glider in some way due to power etc perhaps.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
1 & 6. Skim Mode is still a thing! Glad to hear more experimentation is in the works.

2. I agree with the regen issue. Regarding ground vs air combat, IMO each player will determine how much ground vs air combat they wish to perform (I.E. play style), hopefully the crafting system will allow for a great deal of air time if wanted AND built that way (not infinite though). BTW I would use Over-thrust for a fast escape vs the glider but that's from my experience with FF combat and mobility. I can't wait for Em.8ER combat and mobility...but I have too...lol.

3. What if upon firing/use of a damage dealing weapon/ability the player drops out of glider mode thus putting the player into jump jet mode and the glider on cooldown?

4 & 5. Cool!

ibton

Forerunner
Aug 7, 2016
Sweden
I keep spawning underground without being able to move or use any abilities. This happens consistently every time I log onto the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.