Don't nationalize this game

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
ok, seems settled. But your government had probably a better hobby than ours. The hobby of our government is to punsh though contracts that no one wants and harms every1 for personal wealth... (e.g. TTiP... still not through, but soon...)
our governemnts hobby is to appeal to third wave feminism, Communist, and put people on welfare, in areas where other people are on welfare, and then watch the whole neighborhood burn. Better? Doubt so.

Jul 26, 2016
So? Just because something is created in a specific country doesn't mean one should plaster the product with that countries flag. The US patriotism is often way too strong in games (and in many other places), but I'm not sure if US people even realize their over excitement for their country sometimes...

Since Ember is set in a completely separate universe, I don't see any reason to use existing flags anywhere.
I agree.

It's the setting ya know. If the setting calls for it then sure. In ember/crixa's case I also don't see a reason to see the US flag. I bet there will be a bunch of flags and banners that will fit the setting better.

for example...
Isn't crytek based in Germany with studios around the world except USA? Cause they had this game called Crysis. The last 2 games in that series were based in US. And they had US flags and other signs because it fit the setting. Crytek didn't plaster Crysis with the German flag because that didn't fit the setting.

It's the same here. Ember is probably going to have it's own identity.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
The symbols on the THMPR are all just concept art. I want to have a decal system in the game and you can put what you want. Including the Stars and Stripes. I'm also looking at classic pinup art for frames, for example.

I'm not a PC person, so we're not going to tip toe around and try not to offend anyone with a decal. Instead, I'm looking at options where customers can simply "mute the look" of anything they find offends them. So you could turn off decals for anything you don't like seeing, for example, and you will get decal-less version of a frame. Same for certain outfits on characters, which would just set that character to its default look. Personally I believe such filtering should be under user control and not game censorship.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
At the start of this thread, i thought it was about the nations in THE GAME, now it plastered with real life nations. NOW I'M ALL CONFUSED WHAT'S THIS ABOUT NOW.
Isn't it more about corporation than nation? Isn't the story more about resources than territory (aside from wiping out the chosen)?

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
At the start of this thread, i thought it was about the nations in THE GAME, now it plastered with real life nations. NOW I'M ALL CONFUSED WHAT'S THIS ABOUT NOW.
Isn't it more about corporation than nation? Isn't the story more about resources than territory (aside from wiping out the chosen)?
Do you mean corporations is the only entity in the world who deal with resources?

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Since Ember is set in a completely different universe the flags we use could have been created by the people in the crixia universe to represent their nations.

The "American" Star in Crixia could be the flag of a Reaper Corp specialized in the defense of colonies and are thus hired a lot to go make sure that new colony being built does not get destroyed by local wildlife.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Only read the first page, refuse to vote on those options. I will add my two cents that nothing of this sort should be forced. But this all nonsense issue. The finalized art work going in the game won't be exactly what you see so far. Why are people getting upset by it? Keep in mind the setting. Many societies unknown to each other. You won't have any countries from what we are now on Earth. Won't even have Earth I'd imagine. So please separate yourself from our existence here and focus on what a Crixa universe will be. Everyone does know what sci-fi is, right?

Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
But this all nonsense issue. The finalized art work going in the game won't be exactly what you see so far. Why are people getting upset by it? Keep in mind the setting. Many societies unknown to each other. You won't have any countries from what we are now on Earth. Won't even have Earth I'd imagine. So please separate yourself from our existence here and focus on what a Crixa universe will be. Everyone does know what sci-fi is, right?
That's what we're kind of voting for, yet Mark already sort of confirmed that the 'murican flag will be there, which is silly.
I want to have a decal system in the game and you can put what you want. Including the Stars and Stripes.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
but he also said that the player got the ability to "censor" it for himself/herself...
And yet there should not be anything to censor. We are talking about an alternate universe with 28 seperate human civilizations, with nothing in common but common ancestors and a FTL means of communication. We can safely assume that our current earthly designations do not exist any more.

If we are going to go for an alternative reality, then let's start by not dragging our existing crap along with us. Initial artistic interpretations are all well and good, but let's not carry it through to an alpha or beta product that needs to have universal appeal.