What player controlled vehicles can we expect in Ember?

Kryusien

Jul 29, 2016
One thing that attracts me to MMO games are the rides you can own. From the hoverbikes in Anarchy Online to the YT-1300 from StarWars Galaxies. I especially loved the large ships in SWG because you can fly them AND customize them as well, especially while constructing them. I also liked the vehicles in Firefall and all those roads you could travel on.

So what sorts of vehicles will we have in Ember?

P

PCMasterReece

I EXPECT THE FIREFALL BUS.

BUSES FOR EVERYONE.

It also has to break down a lot or not work at all and we don't have to pay full amount for it. I want to be able to fit 12 friends inside it but only when stationary. You can only move it if you have accompanying flatbed trailer and truck with it too :)

EDIT: In all honesty though, I wouldn't mind hover bikes. I feel they would fit the futuristic theme of Ember, I never knew why Firefall never had hover bikes or hover cars.

Seeing as we could be doing planetary exploration as well, spaceships would be nice to have (ones we pilot not just get into and cuts to a loading screen) but I feel that would be too intricate at the start and would probably have to be implemented well after it is first released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
As long as they will implement them right, I would love to see whole bunch of diverse vehicles in the game, from bikes similar to FF, to large ships that can be operated by large crew and even house smaller vehicles in the hangers. Stuff like that can be fun as heck, but as I said they have to tread very careful with it.

PS Would love to get a unique bike just like we did with FireFall founder packs. That stuff for so rad!

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
We will get tanks, aircraft and possibly more. I'd like to get a system similar to SPORE, where you design your own vehicle and use it. Maybe more detailed models though. Anyways, I will write a thread about them (SoonTM)

Jul 27, 2016
If we have the resources to design a vehicle construction system, with standard parts and cash shop parts, that would be fuckin killer. That actually might be the next big step in this part of the industry. @Vedemin noice.

If not, maglev LGVs would be cool. Something in between Wildstar and Firefall.

Jul 27, 2016
Lets throw the whole LGV, MGV and HGV etc. under the buss. It's a shit acronym.

We have MEK in the lore that stands wor "Mechanically Enhanced Kinetics" Why not build further on that and call vehicleslike this:

MEKLev: Mechanically Enhanced Kinetics Levitation
or
MELeviK (MELK for shot):Mechanically Enhanced Levitation Kinetics (Melk means milk in dutch hahah)

literately anything is better the the boring old LGV.

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
I'd like to have a working "game" and see what it's like before I could even THINK about what to add! :)

However... since I'm already here I'd have to say:

Smaller personal space ships (while in a planets atmosphere), larger ships for intergalactic travel and having our own MEK-A to combat larger bosses/enemies with. Things FF was THINKING about introducing. Player bases for armies (Similar to how Warframe has "Dojos" for clans if we get those) along with more customization of our ships, vehicles and such.

The game is highly vehicular.
Vehicular combat, then? Maybe.

I expect LGV-like bikes (hover, booster-assisted...etc.). Quads, even. Like the ones in Defiance. Tie some vehicle mastery points to them. Progress through levels of it to get better handling, boost, HP, speed, customization, colors, decals...etc.

While I don't like larger vehicles, the rover-types from Firefall, able to carry a squad, would be welcome.

Also, should make all vehicle be able to carry at least one passenger, so players who do not yet have access to vehicles, or have slower vehicles, may get help and fairs from others. And depending on the size and seating, the passenger can fire either their own weapon or a vehicle mounted weapon (and those could be customizable, as well, swapping different ones in and out for versatility).

Larger aerial vehicles should only be available as troop/platoon transports while transiting from one outpost to the next, as in Firefall, where the dropships in Coral Forest go around like buses. And to make it interesting, these shouldn't be impervious to attacks. Depending on the route they take, they'd need to be defended, occasionally. It would add some extra excitement, apart from looking at the view, to transiting between places.

If Ember will have something similar to arc-folding technology, they could go TERA's way and introduce a few teleporting locations, in major outposts, between which instantaneous travel/fast-travel would be possible for a small fee in basic resources. These could be the transiting location between zones, too.

AND of course it would be amazing if gliding returned in Ember, as well. Jet-packs, too.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
I just would like to say, that please please PLEASE, don't make vehicles feel like they are just boxes with guns that slide around the ground, or making flying vehicles feel like they are under water instead of on the air.

This is kinda a main reason why I never got into Planetside 2, vehicles felt pretty bad.

Battlefield does okay job with vehicles, but even they are guilty of making tanks slide around small slopes like they are made out of cardboard. Small vehicles are even worse.

But anyways it would be nice for vehicles to feel good and have depth, so you can learn to be good or great with them.

You guys feel me? Haha

Jul 27, 2016
I just would like to say, that please please PLEASE, don't make vehicles feel like they are just boxes with guns that slide around the ground, or making flying vehicles feel like they are under water instead of on the air.

This is kinda a main reason why I never got into Planetside 2, vehicles felt pretty bad.

Battlefield does okay job with vehicles, but even they are guilty of making tanks slide around small slopes like they are made out of cardboard. Small vehicles are even worse.

But anyways it would be nice for vehicles to feel good and have depth, so you can learn to be good or great with them.

You guys feel me? Haha
for same reason can't play gta5. but here should be balance, arma-like would not be great either.
p.s. yeah *poke* i can feel you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)